[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 250x250, 1299735913294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1652147 No.1652147 [Reply] [Original]

I was trying to study genetics and started to write, any thoughts?

To this particular position in which I exist in time and space, a single coordinate, as transient and whimsical as the fleeting seconds(yet contemptuously perpetual!), I cannot impede the despotic concept of an eluding reality to which I cohere. Delinquent of social acquiesce, void of emotional and behavioral sub-standards determined by those of parallel paths, I struggle to acquire identity, relation, and the cursory mentality of the modern chimera.

>> No.1652151

Not done or anything, and I was just writing for personal use, but I just can't get past these thoughts. They've been plaguing me for weeks, years off and on really.

>> No.1652169

>>1652147

it's like you wrote a boring sentence and replaced some words with highfalutin synonyms...

blah :[

>> No.1652185

>>1652169
Yeah I was worried about that, but I just want to convey the idea.

I don't belong in this time or place, I don't like the things, people, or actions around me.

>> No.1652189

>>1652185

Why not just write that, instead of cramming your thesaurus down your readers' throats?

>> No.1652221

Got about half way through.

First order of business
> (yet contemptuously perpetual!)
Don't do that thing with the exclamation mark inside of the brackets. No one writes like that anymore.

Second order of business
Stop it with the big unnecessary words everywhere. It's boring, it wastes my time, and it makes you out to be a pseudo intellectual. There a very few writers who can get away with half as much of this sort of bullshit, and they can only do it because they have a huge vocabulary and know how and when to use those words.

>> No.1652223

OP can I ask what the rationality behind all of this was? Why did you think it would be a good idea to write like this?