[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 74 KB, 1280x720, jaja.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16505317 No.16505317 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone have a rip of his latest interview with Mishlove that was taken down and lead to their breakup?

>> No.16505461

>>16505317
What was the subject about?

>> No.16505591

>>16505461
probably the new book and Jorjanis overall concept he calls prometheism

>> No.16505600

Why was it taken down?

>> No.16505713

>>16505317
Jorjani finally realized Mishlove was a jew and walked off the set

>> No.16505782

>>16505591
Is this in anyway related to Post-CCRU Promethenianism with Ray Brassier?

>> No.16505789

>>16505317
> with Mishlove that was taken down and lead to their breakup
Oh fuck really? I always enjoyed him on that show. Hopefully they don't take down the other episodes.

>> No.16505834

>>16505317
>>16505789
Checking the channel, pretty much all the stuff is still there, and their latest videos is a livestream with Jason as guest taking questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zNN70aZLk

He's still supportive of him in the description (as he's been for years from what I can tell), so I don't know what's this about.

>>16505591
>>16505782
He's been talking about "Prometheism" and related subjects in other talks for a while now. Heck, iirc, it's one of the themes in his thesis which can be found on the web. What's new?

>> No.16505949

Jorjani had interviews with three different people on his new book. This discussions aren't all that different, though in the video with Todorovski, he does go into more detail why certain left-wing and right-wing ideologies are incapable of confronting the technological singularity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xhl_lz7-WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-RhYM7NK3Y&t=5s

>> No.16506378

>>16505317
Ooh bumping for interest. I watched mishloves >further reflections and thought it came off as weird, like someone made him say it. Jason’s fb response was basically a full refutation so idk how Jeffrey can just ignore it.

>> No.16506391

Give me a quick rundown on prometheism

>> No.16507457

>>16506378
I don't have fb, what did Jason say?

>> No.16507813
File: 1.08 MB, 630x923, 1564775858573.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16505317
Jorjani is a materialist, right? He just wants to expand our conception of the "material" like Galen Strawson, correct?

>> No.16507895

>>16507457

I don’t either but he posted it on his twatter
https://twitter.com/jason_jorjani/status/1312041483705495552?s=21

>> No.16507926

>>16507895
How will Jeffrey ever recover??

>> No.16508037

>>16507926
>>16507895
I fucked up and posted the 2nd fb post not the first

https://twitter.com/jason_jorjani/status/1311681242518167554?s=21

>> No.16508547

Meh I love Jeffrey, he's a pure truth seeking human being.
And I always thought Jorjani was super cringe (his stuff with Spencer, his cringy Iranian wewuzzery, his luciferianism/prometheism, etc).
So good riddance.

>> No.16508734

>>16506391
/our guy/ has the latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wUyU8mNco

>> No.16509772

>>16508734
Holy based

>> No.16509786

>>16507813
He's not a material determinist. He stated in one of his interviews and in Lovers of Sophia that he believes in free will and that there are horrible ramifications for determinism.

>> No.16509844 [DELETED] 

>>16505317
Jorjani lacks intellectual integrity. Iranian Leviathan is full of self-aggrandizement and false historical readings. Moreover, he took some ideas from me without giving proper credit. All of that stuff regarding Zurvanism and Mithraism being Faustian and transcending duality in order to establish new modes of being or whatever was largely interpreted from a short story I wrote. He promised to find me a literary agent, but he never got back to me. Instead, he took my ideas regarding Zurvanism and Mithraism, which was conveyed in my short story, and wrote about them Iranian Leviathan acting like he came across it on his own. It should also be noted he calls himself a Satanist and my horror story did have a macabre atmosphere influenced by the likes of Aickman and Ligotti. Note, the way he interpreted it wasn't what my story was necessarily arguing, but it is obvious he took significant inspiration or ideas without giving me proper credit. If someone is deep into following weird fiction, they will figure out who I am.
I think Jorjani does not care for Iranians getting their voices out there or improving their global image. He only cares for his own self-glorification since he's a disingenuous and narcissistic prick. Almost all Iranian "intellectuals" being pushed by the current US establishment have ties to CIA or exist to make Iranians look stupid. Jorjani is no different, having written creepy articles about having connections to CIA before taking them down.
Finally, international relations do kind of affect how people interpret a nation's artistic legacy. A new animated adaptation of Shahnameh was made, but due to sanctions, it could not be put on Netflix or Hulu. You can only watch it on this obscure streaming site:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thelastfiction?fbclid=IwAR0nT4sd3pjHwiIj5OjlvGch3eTvGm6kL1kJs3K5zsagmI7QKOtd7ZnL3VU
Granted, a lot of this falls on Iranian peoples' own failure to prevent the madness of Khomeini's rise to power, which was one of the worst things to happen to Iran out of its 2500 year history. MEK/NCRI, which is present being back by KSA/Israel/USA, is even worse than Khomeini though, which is crazy.

>> No.16509861

>>16507895
Now that's an unexpected turn of events. This may push him to go full Indo European-Iranian Nationalist.

>> No.16509863

>>16505317
Jorjani lacks intellectual integrity. Iranian Leviathan is full of self-aggrandizement and false historical readings. Moreover, he took some ideas from me without giving proper credit. All of that stuff regarding Zurvanism and Mithraism being Faustian and transcending duality in order to establish new modes of being or whatever was largely interpreted from a short story I wrote. He promised to find me a literary agent, but he never got back to me. Instead, he took my ideas regarding Zurvanism and Mithraism, which was conveyed in my short story, and wrote about them Iranian Leviathan acting like he came across it on his own. It should also be noted he calls himself a Satanist and my horror story did have a macabre atmosphere influenced by the likes of Aickman and Ligotti. Note, the way he interpreted it wasn't what my story was necessarily arguing, but it is obvious he took significant inspiration or ideas without giving me proper credit. If someone is deep into following weird fiction, they will figure out who I am.
I think Jorjani does not care for Iranians getting their voices out there or improving their global image. He only cares for his own self-glorification since he's a disingenuous and narcissistic prick. Almost all Iranian "intellectuals" being pushed by the current US establishment have ties to CIA or exist to make Iranians look stupid. Jorjani is no different, having written creepy articles about having connections to CIA before taking them down.
Finally, international relations do kind of affect how people interpret a nation's artistic legacy. A new animated adaptation of Shahnameh was made, but due to sanctions, it could not be put on Netflix or Hulu. You can only watch it on this obscure streaming site:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thelastfiction?fbclid=IwAR0nT4sd3pjHwiIj5OjlvGch3eTvGm6kL1kJs3K5zsagmI7QKOtd7ZnL3VU
Granted, a lot of this falls on Iranian peoples' own failure to prevent the madness of Khomeini's rise to power, which was one of the worst things to happen to Iran out of its 2500 year history. MEK/NCRI, which is present being back by KSA/Israel/USA, is even worse than Khomeini though, which is crazy.

*Note: Reposted because I had accidentally kept a name I used for a joke in another thread.

>> No.16509877

>>16509861
Jorjani thinks he's intelligent and artistically gifted like Sadegh Hedayat, but in reality, he's not. In his book, he also contains stuff that emasculates Iranians, such as lies about them being mongrels. He didn't even study the genetics well (e.g., we have two Iron Age samples). He literally promotes neo-eugenics to make Iranians blue eyes again.
Also, "Jorjani" is a common last name that means "people of Georgian descent". He also claimed to have Qajar ancestry, which were largely Turkic. I mean, why are you going to bring up such as racial autism in the first place in a goddamn philosophical text or whatever? It's awkward.

>> No.16509884

>>16509877
>In his book, he also
His book also*

>> No.16509903

>>16509863
>>16509877
Finally let me mention one other crucial point:
Many people have had issues with Jorjani. These include Stephen Flower, Richard Spencer, and now Jeffrey Mishlove. I, too, have had issues with Jorjani's narcissistic personality.
Please, stop wasting your time with morons.

>> No.16509914

>>16509863
>>16509877
>>16509903
Are you the same person who claims Jorjani stole your work?

>> No.16509928

>>16509914
I mean, if you read my first post, you could tell I am the same person.

>> No.16509990

>>16508037
Sounds pretty based.
Economics is a catastrophe of thought and the right falling for marxist historicism is a disaster for any remaining political potential. That Jorjani thinks technology has been subsumed by economic forces only shows that he has not read his predecessors, or at least has no understanding of the gravity of the questions he is dealing with. Something that is a collective responsibility in thought today, but nonetheless when you take up any revolutionary thinking or politics of power your part in that responsibility begins to skyrocket.
These questions can no longer be taken up by 'democratic' or levelled forces.

>> No.16510101

>>16509786
So all his talk about gods, archetypes, souls, etc is just larp to spice things up (and appeal to the internet autodidacts) and I'd guess he ultimately accepts a nominalism of sorts where its just language games and will to power all the way down. Why wouldn't he just use an academically acceptable parlance in that case? It's not like he's actually opposed to their metaphysics.

>> No.16510110

>>16510101
A good question.

>> No.16510143

>>16509863
Where can we read some of your work? Don't out yourself if you don't want to but I've seen you post before and it would be interesting

Didn't you email guenonfag an essay on dualism and get no response?

>> No.16510201

>>16510143
I would out myself because I used my real name on the short weird fiction story. It was published in a reputable journal too. I have more short stories too, but I haven't bothered sending them to other journals or make a compilation. My literary influences are Aickman, Ligotti, Machen, Poe, and a few others.
My goal was to become published as both a children's book and horror writer in order to discover the line or lack thereof between Spenta and Angra Mainyu. After getting some recognition, I would write a philosophical text. In my horror stories, I basically gave Zurvanism a horror twist influenced by Bahnsen, Ligotti, Deleuze, and Derrida. I do feel Jorjani took some of my ideas without giving proper credit. He never followed up on his promise.
I have had bad experiences with Iranian diaspora as a whole. For example, I had two Iranians promise to give me an internship in machine learning since I am majoring in Computer Science. None of them got back to me. Iranians are not nepotistic at all.
Jorjani doesn't give two fucks about Iranian cultural heritage or helping his own people. He's just using it for self-aggrandizement purposes. He doesn't really care about anything deeply outside of faux nationalism. He's no Mishima. I agree with white nationalists who express annoyance at foreigners who glorify their own cultural heritages in countries that are not ancestrally their own. It is disingenuous and scoundrel'ish. Iranian diaspora has a problem with being pompous and gloating to Westerners rather than actually helping their own people or improving their own country. It's one reason why Sadegh Hedayat committed suicide as his works were censored with few people respecting his endeavors.
I don't think Iran's future will be bright because many Iranian diaspora has mental illness and serious personality issues revolving around narcissism.

>> No.16510288

>>16510201
>>16510143
To make my point clearer: Imagine if Mishima came to USA during WWII and started crying about American foreign policy or whatever. Also, he would go on about how great Japan is and ignore helping out his fellow Japanese in artistic or career matters, even though he could.
It would be absolutely pathetic in that hypothetical situation. I mean, what's the point of identifying as such and such if you're not going to help out your own brothers or go back to improve your country?
That's who Jorjani is. He doesn't give two shits about actually helping Iranians, even though he makes false promises, or going back to improve the country. In truth, he doesn't even care about Iran's deteriorating global image; in reality, he only cares for his own image.
Iranians are a pathetic people, perhaps more pathetic than Arabs. Arabs at least help each other out because they have this sense of "Arabic brotherhood". Iranians would probably kill each other before they lend a helping hand to each other.
I think it's because, and I hate to say it, Iranian identity is not strong anymore, and I cannot honestly blame covert CIA actions to promote separatist tendencies 100%. Since Qajars, Iran has had massive intellectual decline, and Pahlavis made a mistake when they chose to revere the memory of Achaemenids. The reality is, "Iran" did not exist during Achaemenid time period. "Iran" was created by Ardeshir I and establishment of Sassanian empire. Sassanids are more important to Iranian identity, hence why Shahnameh spends its last 1/3rd detailing Sassanian kingly lineage relatively accurately. Achaemenids don't appear in the Shahnameh. Why then bring up Achaemenids? Iranians can't even do nationalism right. I don't know, maybe the national IQ average is low.
The country has been called Iran since Sassanian empire, but I doubt most Iranians even fucking know that. Jorjani had the balls to speak ill of the Sassanids while jerking off to Achaemenids, probably because they saved "muh Jews", and Scythian barbarians. Honestly, Iranians are like Jews but without a sense of kinship with each other. Imagine what that would be like? There's never going to be an Iranian Mishima at this time. I mean, Babak Khorramdin or Mardavij were like Mishima, but few Iranians know shit about them. After Safavids, the entire country has been declining in a kind of Tim & Eric kind of way to the point of shooting down a passenger flight, and I would argue Qajars pretty much destroyed the country and what we're seeing now is kind of a laughable ghost with morons like Jorjani being symptomatic of the defeat.
I wish I were a German or Japanese. Besides some interesting film movements & directors, Sadegh Hedayat, and pre-Islamic theology, there's nothing cool about Iran and the people are more pestersome than Arabs. Especially Isfahanies. They are scummy people.
I won't be surprised if MEK/NCRI get power or the mullahs change the name of "Iran" to "Jibal" at this point.

>> No.16510337

>>16508037
Went ham on the "merchant ethos" there, wow

>>16508547
>Meh I love Jeffrey, he's a pure truth seeking human being.
This heel turn after their past material feels inorganic

>> No.16510364

>>16507895
>rootless merchants
Shut it down

>> No.16510385
File: 49 KB, 535x509, 1484965423605.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16509990
>>16510110
Woah

>> No.16512003

>>16509863
are you that butthurt iranian that made lots of videos a few months ago? please post or link your short story. btw alexander bard disagrees heavily with jorjanis and in extention your reading of mithraism. also, isnt zoroastrianism and most of its derivatives always nondualistic???
>>16505949
>>16505834
>Checking the channel, pretty much all the stuff is still there
i thought onw was deleted there were supposed to be 3 talks about the new book and counting the heidegger one i thought i had put a recent one in my watch later list and it vanished. maybe i dreamed this. anyway the newest one was just uploaded today.

>> No.16512635

>>16512003
Nice try

>> No.16512691

>>16509928
He stole your work because he knows you are too much of a coward to publish your views. He knows you are a faggot cuckold and he could STEAL all of your work and you would do NOTHING but bitch about it on irrelevant forums because that's what seething iranian diaspora tards generally do.

>> No.16513232

>>16512691
I did publish that particular story though.
Finding a literary agent is tough. Also, amassing social media following in order to make a decent sum from self-publishing is not easy. I have experience doing that for another artistic endeavor.
I think I'm cursed to just be a bitter coder.

>> No.16513471

>>16513232
You must keep pushing. also, which publisher printed your story?

>> No.16514761

>>16505317
why does anyone read him?

>> No.16514766

based