[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 344x517, pondering.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1649149 No.1649149 [Reply] [Original]

Newfag to /lit/ here, and I'll delete this thread the moment it becomes a problem.

But I heard that discussion of AtIas Shrugged was a bannable offense on /lit/. Not that I should be surprised considering the behavior of the book's fans IRL, but out of curiosity, is this true and what series of events led to the mods taking this action?

I know I'm probably biting into a rotten apple here, but I just wanted to ask anyway. Again, I'll delete if it becomes an issue.

>> No.1649153

she's no more of a problem than any other authors are

most of lit is a closed minded bunch and can't appreciate writing they don't like

>> No.1649154

mods on /lit/?

lol

either way, may as well delete this thread, nothing good can come of it.

>> No.1649156

Reading Ayn Rand was linked in a 2002 APA study to necrophilic urges, mods decided to ban discussion after tripcode posters in an Atlas Shrugged thread were linked to a spate of corpse defilements. Hope this helps, OP!

>> No.1649160
File: 7 KB, 225x225, gaben3..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>is this true
yes
>what series of events led to the mods taking this action?
/lit/ essentially became a rand-centric board because of the incessant shit-storm fuelled by trolls and retards. The best way to avoid that shit happening is by ignoring and deleting all Ayn Rand discussion threads.

Rand's literature is awful anyway, so the rule isn't even much of a compromise.

now would you kindly delete this thread