[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 741x568, af2a0c7f778354630b656223756c362848e51f10362e297cf77b7522b219b094.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16358310 No.16358310 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/ question here

There's lots of associations with forest groves, copses and grottoes with sexual infidelity, but it's always implied to be heterosexual infidelity in the books I've seen it referenced in, never homosexual infidelity.

Considering it is only homosexual meet that meet in bushes and have anonymous casual sex, the local path to the beach here having dozens every weekend doing it. How did they fail to make the link between the copses and homosexuality back then?

>> No.16358368

>>16358310

Your post is confused but at the same time somewhat interesting. Let's try to redirect your questions to an on-topic discussion.

You're describing romantic spaces where a heterosexual couple can get to know each other and consummate their relationship in a drama, but you insist on "infidelity" for whatever reason. Please let us know what examples you have in mind.

Romeo and Juliet comes to mind, the balcony scene. It's been ages and I don't remember if they are represented as having consummated their love, but they are in "infidelity" in the sense of going against their clans. But again this isn't the specific sexual infidelity sense you had in mind, hence my earlier question.

Now, onto the homosexual angle. First of all, it's plainly false that it's only gay men who go and fuck in bushes and toilets. Women are depraved whores too, but I will allow that fags do the toilet business more frequently.

To actually, really answer your overall question, then, two angles: young people like to go off and fuck in a nicest quiet spot they can find, whatever their inclinations. This is the motor that turns the slasher flims of the 1970s/1980s. The reason why old lit doesn't treat the gay case is because that's gross and Jesus, boom, done. The rest has been warped through culture and un-warped via reality (homosexuality is uncommon and gross).

>> No.16358384

>>16358368
>The reason why old lit doesn't treat the gay case is because that's gross
There was no concept of a 'homosexual' until the 19th century. Before that sodomy was just sodomy. The only couples you could single out and rightfully accuse of sodomy were the couples of men. Straights did and do do it too, it's just men got the shaft (lol)

>> No.16359633

>>16358310
Men have docks, bathhouses, cruising beaches parks and roadways, cottages and brothels. It's only women who need to use natural scenery, and it's always with a young male who hasn't built a house yet. Cougars live in woods, it's fucking common sense.

>> No.16359701

>>16358310
My guess is that it has something to do with the cults of Dionysus who held orgies in forest groves.