[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 7 KB, 267x189, youtubr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16343587 No.16343587[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Is Youtube becoming a more potent expressive medium for intellectual discourse? Is it more reasonable for a modernday intellectual to use Youtube for the expression of his ideas than writing books?

Discuss.

>> No.16343601

>>16343587
No, because of censorship.

>> No.16343613

>>16343601
What is being censored on Youtube? I thought it were things like nudity and extreme forms of racism. It seems like you could get a point across tiptoeing around these subjects.

>> No.16343617

>>16343613
If what is deemed racism is arbitrary and up to youtube, any discussion that gets marked as racism is out of bounds. Even if it isnt.

>> No.16343626

>>16343601
Examples? I agree it is a potential issue, but I don't know of any worthwhile intellectual input that has been removed.

>> No.16343629

>>16343613
>extreme
YT gets to decide what’s ”””””extreme”””””.

>> No.16343631

Seeing that these days, publishing firms are looking for safer content and whilst YouTube is going down the same route, you have more freedom with certain things on the platform. The content is dumbed down for the masses but you can still find some nuggets within smaller channels.

A few examples of this:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMb_Zxm9V2S4S1rDJqq9Ciw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8LpidGE2wDNOZCKrfN3zA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnPtGAdJLT7K93dEbW0OQxA

>> No.16343632
File: 6 KB, 749x104, ohmy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16343617
First sentence of the Wiki page.

>> No.16343635

Absolutely!

The top intellectuals in the world right now had their most celebrated discussions on YouTube! Let me give a few examples:

Jordan Peterson (the closest thing we have to a polymath, IQ = 150) absolutely obliterated some tranny SJW in a university campus!

Ben Shapiro (youngest ever professor of law, IQ = 175) can be seen destroying leftists on literally every topic. Based Jew.

Sam Harris (went to Stanford, IQ = 155) has basically proved that free will doesn't exist.

We surely live in the best of time to see these men on video!

>> No.16343636

>>16343626
>but I don't know of any worthwhile intellectual input that has been removed.
Point proven.

>> No.16343640

You can't even talk to people in the comment section without half your comments disappearing for wrongthink.

>> No.16343643

>>16343635
Nice bait. Fuck off now.

>> No.16343648

>>16343626
Molyneux for example. I don't like the guy, but he shouldn't have been removed either. He's not racist, he just addresses topics that youtube doesn't like apparently.

>> No.16343652

>>16343587
Kinda, it doesn't have to be youtube but the medium of online video and audio gives a lot of freedom and allows for intellectual discourse. But usually 'intellectuals' don't know how to use youtube and are usually just guests on podcasts or whatever.
For example I have multiple people in my head that I think should have a conversation with each other and upload it to youtube.
But we shall see what kinda happenings are waiting for us.

>> No.16343671

>>16343631

Its nice to see PaperBird mentioned here, probably the most lit of them all. I don't know he other two but I'll sub cause they seem interesting.

>>16343640

Yeah this has been happening more and more frequently. It seems like now is a good time for a competitor to YouTube to come in.

>> No.16343702
File: 18 KB, 400x400, CyY45O5O_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16343587
pipi caca

>> No.16343880

Blogs will experiment a renaissance in the next few years, mark my words

>> No.16344684

>>16343880
Nah. Format makes it very weak medium and content is often quite shitty and uninspired. Also narcissism of zoomers and younger people differs in form of expression from narcissism of millenials.

>> No.16344699
File: 291 KB, 1516x2324, 81hbo2v7eRL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No, it's the same shit we have been dealing with since the 80s. It's the same thing that DFW talks about in E Unibus Pluram: Television and US Fiction. It's really not worth writing out the thesis of these two works, when they are so short and so easily available online. Go read them yourselves you zoomers.

>> No.16345944

Which term did you have to look up?

grotty opprobrium pearl clutcher waffle on flick through foreboding Indian giver broadcast syndication sinecure self-effacing cloistered skanky waylay gobshite shacking up with will-o'-the-wisp bleary-eyed sales lead flat-track bully tinder pier cacaphonous tramp trade battery of stub one's toes unwarranted perp slasher film lucre parlous bungle wholesome Charon's obol dainty seemly cluster immutable sock hop unseemliness gushing squalor hog the bathroom gold plating snarl jilted blithely barrage bedraggled bibs blow your top doggone fluster gnat gobsmacked holler in the nick of time indigence lowdown luggage rack nosh rugged squelch scrounge off trounce sepsis blithely spur shakedown skimming garrote misandry gallantry gourd scamper trepidation clamor coupe prang hone in desolate strenuous dispositive searing quibble ham-fisted congeal reticent housewarming party barb stockade sophomoric ephemeron auteur theory grouse the stoop peat sleet perimeter bluster effervescent grange elocution plum in your mouth genteel kooky sap tepid fraggle Kabbalah nappy transmogrification gumption laced with moribund heterodox diuretic corollary buttonwood propulsion despondent sumptuary laws subbing riven schlub littoral prise a secret out of torrid raffle declaim sheaves upped unravel twerp tryst trite tiff straddle snooker shuffle senescence sartorial ride two horses at once reprimand pouting plonk panhandle magisterial hunk hammerlock ham-fisted gritty gaggle of geese gagging order gab flabby ester ephemera dud make a dog's dinner out of it clunky celluloid boinked at any rate gnarly dinghy for good measure skelly sombre skit warlock apodosis repudiate contrition scintilla bounced in snatch clung on to jabs whole host of harnessing stricken smoulder studded union grunts gimp brooch gale get cross with backbencher slink away cadaverous blob twang tumescence palpable bluebell wood menial taxonomy taxidermy zesty zap venereal utility token trinket traipse

>> No.16346352

>>16345944
Wrong thread, Mr. Joyce?