[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 108 KB, 760x958, Dr. Ted Kaczynski.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16269241 No.16269241 [Reply] [Original]

He cannot indulge in the power process, not at all, all his diet and other basic actvities are taken care of for him.

Wouldn't he be living in his worst nightmare, seeing as his freedom has been completely and totally snatched from him and he is basically being treated like a domestic animal?

>> No.16269250

He would have the best twitter account rn if he had internet.

>> No.16269255

>>16269241
He's just lucky he wasn't executed.

>> No.16269266

>>16269255
Looking at his writings and ideology really makes me feel he would prefer to be dead than living like a domistcated man with no way to indulge in the power process, tho.

>> No.16269326

>>16269241
>cannot indulge in the power process, not at all

this is false, since he is writing, reading and researching, and publishing etc. So, it is not "not at all" He has opportunity for the power-process, though it is not nearly as fulfilling as living wild, it is far more fulfilling than normal life in the system, because his intellectual work is devoted to revolution, which is a lot more meaningful than simple pleasure-seeking.

>> No.16269344

Think of it as a self-sacrifice. He took the steps that he did to make sure that people knew his cause, and if you consider that his fundamental argument is that modernity has stripped away the real power process in the first place, he probably just sees the prison as the same thing without the facade.

>> No.16269354

>>16269344
kek. basically this. he has about as much (meaningful) freedom inside the prison as most ""free"" people do in the industrial system.

>> No.16269362

>>16269255
He has stated that he regretted listening to his lawyer and taking a plea.

>> No.16269373

I guess that his spirit and inner stoicism allows him to be free even in jail

>> No.16269395

>Implying he actually cares about politics and didn't just wanna to kill people—he made up the lore and theory like 20 years after he started killing.

>> No.16269515

>>16269354
Yes, I know that, but I thought it must be especially painful for him seeing as he is aware of the lack of freedom that people living in the system have, and he was living his ideal life in the woods prior to this. But then again, he says that while living /out/side, he felt like he didn't care if he were to die tomorrow, or the next week. Maybe he has lead his ideal and fulfilling life for a while and so he is no longer as attached to things as one who never lived (like the people who never experienced youth and thus keep on postponing the next stage in life, living constantly in fear of death)

>> No.16269541

>>16269515
well said. i think ur thoughts are in the right direction.

>> No.16269561
File: 1.64 MB, 4800x7200, Anti-Tech Revolution Hydra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16269362
but it's actually worse than this. he didn't "listen" to his lawyers. His lawyers lied to him and made him think he would not be putting on an insanity defense when in actuality his lawyers were trying to do this because they thought it was the only way for him to avoid the death penalty. The judge would not allow him to represent himself or change lawyers. So he only had two choices: (a) take the plea deal, or (b) go forward with an insanity defense.

>> No.16269583

Why do people on here hate nigger Africans but suck Ted's dick even though he's basically advocating white boogaloo africanization

>> No.16269594

>>16269583
i think you're talking about two entirely different groups of people.

>> No.16269597

He should have focused on disrupting the physical infrastructure of the system he hated, especially the parts most economically unviable, rare, or complex to replace, rather than on killing randos who 'the machine' can replace with others as easy as a snap of the fingers. If he was an arsonist and set fire to factories for example, or spent any money he had on hiring some eager young script kiddies to pull a Fight Club on mortgage debt, then any effect he had even on the most localised and meagre level would be celebrated by normies and he'd be a modern day folk hero. Even aside from the ethics of it, setting out to kill people was a bad move because it undermined the popularity of his ideas as an extension of him. Outside of 4chan how often do you hear his work mentioned without reference to the fact he's in prison for murder?

This isn't an issue restricted to the matter of Kaczynski. Give a left-leaning person a hypothetical where they can destroy one object or person with 0 repercussions. What are they going to say? 9 timed out of 10 it's going to be "Donald Trump" as if Pence wouldn't take over and do all the things they dislike about Trump but harder and faster. Most of you on here will have already surmised that but fail to apply it to your own reasoning, on topics like this. "The internet". Great, now 6 months later someone else in China or India or some other industrialising nation is already building a replacement because the economy needs it and the people serve the economy in their mindset. The enemy is the greed and hubris in the heart of each man, not a figurehead or an asset, easily replaced by the next sucker. Be aware of the actual meaning of the word "jihad". And at least make an effort to live out your own principles before bitching that the rest of the world isn't doing so.

>> No.16269603

>>16269241
he reads more than /lit/ does currently

>> No.16269604

>>16269583
NIGGER KIKE BASED JOGGER. FAGGOT NIGGER REDPILL KINO?

>> No.16269608

>>16269597
Maybe his plan was getting popular on 4chan all along? Literal 5d chess.

>> No.16269610

>>16269241
he engages in a surrogate activity i.e. reading and writing
just like us

>> No.16269630 [DELETED] 

>>16269583
Ted posting was started by /pol/ guys, using his quotes against leftists as bait.

>> No.16269641

>>16269594
Not all /pol/ are Ted posters but all Ted posters are /pol/biggers trying to bait leftists on /lit/

>> No.16269645

>>16269604
Calm down neandarthal

>> No.16269653

>>16269641
why would you think that?
i'm only concerned about the enslavement of humans by technology and the destruction of the natural environment, is that somehow a /pol/ thing?

>> No.16269658

>>16269610
speak for yourself nigga

>> No.16269660

>>16269658
so you don't read?

>> No.16269676

>>16269608
Yes, I see it now, young men spending hundreds of hours upon hours of their youth making shitposts about BLACK MAN BAD on anime imageboards and starting a seething death cult against women because they haven't had sex at 20 is precisely the sort of audience Ted Kaczynski had in mind to dismantle techno-neoliberal society.

>> No.16269677

>>16269653
I'm just saying that for months these threads were shilled by some eco fascist larper trying to bait leftists

>> No.16269776

>>16269660
fuck no

>> No.16270122
File: 67 KB, 900x750, ted-kaczynski-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16269597
He isn't advocating for dissembling only the American technoindustrial civiliazation, but every one on earth, Chinese and Indian too. I too have these same doubts though, that how would such a revolution be brought about that would destroy everything at once, because otherwise it would be useless. Nations and systems still don't seem to be enough interlinked- if one were to destroy America overnight, it wouldn't have such effects that others would be destroyed as well.
I am currently reading his Technological Slavery, maybe he will clear up this topic in there? To me right now the only scenario this might happen is a nuclear fallout, but then that would destroy a lot of life other than humanity as well.

>The enemy is the greed and hubris in the heart of each man, not a figurehead or an asset, easily replaced by the next sucker.

Greed and hubris have been a part of humanity forever, but they never wrecked such havoc as they do now because humans never had so much power.
Also the system is kinda structured in such a way that the greediest people end up at the top, and it will always be the same.

>And at least make an effort to live out your own principles before bitching that the rest of the world isn't doing so.
Well Ted went and lived in the mountains, but the technoindustrial system wouldn't leave him alone, and came a-logging and destroying behind him. Are you really as naive as to believe that if a few people start living more concientious lives the destruction of earth that is underway would stop automatically?

>> No.16270128

>>16269603
No joke, he is actually living out the /lit/ lifestyle in prison

>> No.16270135

>>16269641
I never even posted on /pol/ so unless you mean /pol/tard as a mindset or something, I think you are wrong

>> No.16270173

>>16269641
k stop responding

>> No.16270189

>>16269255

It really puzzles me how people like you can think that being condemned to a life of suffering, and not even normal vague human suffering but real directed suffering at the hands of a dominant entity, is somehow better than simply dying
Dying is merciful compared to imprisonment

>> No.16270208

That's why he failed to escape. Humans are supposed to live in groups, not alone.

>> No.16270413
File: 65 KB, 1200x632, tenet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16269241

>> No.16270535

>>16269641
I'm a trans btw if that matters
>>16270173
Because you know I'm right sweatie.

>> No.16270812

>>16269241
He was already crazy

>> No.16270840

>>16269641
Ted is basically a radical communalist

>> No.16270856
File: 128 KB, 934x985, 1597971268023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16270189
He doesn't have bad suffering. This is nothing. He gets 3 full fucking meals a day and never needs to worry about finances, bills, and unemployment and hell on this earth just to make it another day. Tell me. Who is more free.... the suffering homeless person who has no agency to even geographically relocate a and lives in chronic stress or some faggot in a cell with everything taken care of?

>> No.16270970

>>16270189
>Dying is merciful compared to imprisonment
That's exactly the point, according to Beccaria. To him, it's better to prevent crime from happening in the first place, and to this end, lifelong imprisonment is a much better deterrent than public executions:

>It is not the intenseness of the pain that has the greatest effect on the mind, but its continuance; for our sensibility is more easily and more powerfully affected by weak but repeated impressions, than by a violent but momentary impulse.

>The death of a criminal is a terrible but momentary spectacle, and therefore a less efficacious method of deterring others, than the continued example of a man deprived of his liberty, condemned, as a beast of burthen, to repair, by his labour, the injury he has done to society. If I commit such a crime, says the spectator to himself, I shall be reduced to that miserable condition for the rest of my life. A much more powerful preventive than the fear of death, which men always behold in distant obscurity.

>Perpetual slavery, then, has in it all that is necessary to deter the most hardened and determined, as much as the punishment of death. I say it has more. There are many who can look upon death with intrepidity and firmness; some through fanaticism, and others through vanity, which attends us even to the grave; others from a desperate resolution, either to get rid of their misery, or cease to live: but fanaticism and vanity forsake the criminal in slavery, in chains and fetters, in an iron cage; and despair seems rather the beginning than the end of their misery.

He argues that capital punishment is an act of war against an individual, and so it's only acceptable in the case of treason, and even then, only when the state is weak. In any other case, capital punishment is overkill.

>But the punishment of death is not authorised by any right; for I have demonstrated that no such right exists. It is therefore a war of a whole nation against a citizen, whose destruction they consider as necessary or useful to the general good.

>The death of a citizen cannot be necessary but in one case. When, though deprived of his liberty, he has such power and connections as may endanger the security of the nation; when his existence may produce a dangerous revolution in the established form of government. But even in this case, it can only be necessary when a nation is on the verge of recovering or losing its liberty; or in times of absolute anarchy, when the disorders themselves hold the place of laws. But in a reign of tranquillity; in a form of government approved by the united wishes of the nation; [...] there can be no necessity for taking away the life of a subject.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/An_Essay_on_Crimes_and_Punishments/Chapter_XXVIII

>> No.16271094

>>16270189
There's an argument to be made about mass control and discipline that imprisonment instills in a society. But on an individual level living is almost always better than death. Unless you're being tortured continuously or are trapped in a paralyzed body forever or something. You still have thoughts, you still know yourself, and you can still act.

>> No.16271127

I just found out yesterday this nigga was still alive. I really thought he was dead.

>> No.16271238

>>16270970
I think most of the common people are actually more afraid of an execution than they are of a life sentence. And slavery carries a hope of freedom as long as you are alive.

>> No.16271264

>>16269597
This is all wrong. You assume the violence was aimed at causing the immediate destruction of the industrial system. It wasn't. It was intended to publicize the manifesto widely, which was successful.

It was also important for there to be actual deaths, from the perspective of forming a revolutionary movement. You WANT to to keep the wishy-washy reformers and timid types away from the ideology. You WANT them to be morally offended. These types of people represent a danger that the ideology can become coopted and corrupted by the system. At the same time, you only want to attract the most hardcore, ruthless, and serious people who hate the system and the people who support it. TK basically accomplished this with the violence campaign. Only time will tell if a truly revolutionary movement forms in time though.

>> No.16271382

>>16270856
The latter, he's a huge nature faggot. ADX is torture

>> No.16271418
File: 32 KB, 537x529, 1291180332293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16270856
Are you not aware US prisons are places where people die of simple vitamin deficiencies? Places that are so bad other western countries are denying extradition requests because they see US cannot ensure the safety in people in their custody or even not being tortured

>> No.16271608

>seeing as his freedom has been completely and totally snatched from him and he is basically being treated like a domestic animal?
That's what you get for dabbing on veganism

>> No.16271615

>>16269326
Thanks Ted. I’m a big fan.

>> No.16271626

What's with the Kaczynski threads lately? Ecofascist Discord groups trying to recruit on 4chan?

>> No.16271644

>Messiah complex narcissist writes overly verbose book that already has been written by Thoreau
>instead of starting a movement he targets people with mail bombs like a coward
>kills some poor post office workers, people who literally have nothing to do with technocratic capitalism
>gets a kick out of being chased for years as it makes him feel important about himself
>eventually gets ratted out by his own brother as even his own family thinks he is a piece of shit
What an absolute low life

>> No.16271649

>>16269241
dude has a confirmed IQ of 167, high IQ people don't get sad or lose their minds. that trope applies to midwits

>> No.16271682

>>16271264
This is literally ISIS tier reasoning. Kill some random people on the street to get attention, attract only the worst of the worst psychopaths with no knowledge about what they're fighting against at all. They just want to kill.

Take a look at the Rote Armee Fraktion in Germany. Andreas Baader was a drooling moron who probably never read a book in his life. He just liked to live the life of an outlaw. It's a stupid strategy. What if Marx would have strangled 5 people in London so people would read Das Kapital? Philosophical masterpieces will get traction eventually, possibly only after the death of its author. Ted just looked for a way to act on his schizo sociopath tendencies and the whole manifesto is merely a justification of it.

>> No.16271694

>>16271649
>takes IQ seriously
When will Petersonists finally leave this website

>> No.16271813

>>16269362
Source? As far as I know he doesn't talk to journalists.

>> No.16271829

>>16271626
Can't say about the others, but I read the Manifesto the day before yesterday and since then these ideas have been on my mind and I am reading everything by Ted that I can lay my hands on right now. But I have only made two threads by now and one of them was day before yesterday.

>> No.16271840

>>16271644
>overly verbose book
Man if you found that book overly verbose you need to work on your vocabulary and comprehension. He specifically wrote that so that these ideas, which are not new, would be accessible to the layman.

>> No.16271844

>>16271694
nice strawman midwit, I never read peterson

>> No.16271848

>>16269603
>>16270128
You can send him 3 books at once as long as the FBI deems it "appropriate and would not interfere with his rehabilitation", so no de Sade or Mein Kampf. /lit/ should all get together and send him an ass ton of literature. I want to send him Bulgakov and Lartéguy.

>> No.16271866

>>16271848
Let's send him Legacy of Totalitarianism in the Tundra, Coronameron and Behead All Satans.

>> No.16271880

>>16271848
I would legit do this and I want to, but I live in Asia

>> No.16271889
File: 37 KB, 357x384, duck4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16271848
>You can send him 3 books at once
I wonder if he'd enjoy some sci-fi..

>> No.16271998

>>16271682
Your reasoning is littered with false assumptions

>some random people

they weren't random. they were promoting technological growth. only someone who is committed to or brainwashed by the system would fail to see this. This includes you. Great! the revolution wants to keep you away.

>worst of the worst psychopaths

from your perspective. but this kind of ad hominem is typical for enemies of a revolution. jewish insurrectionists who killed nazis in an attempt to bring down the regime were thought of as the "worst of the worst" by that social system.

>Andreas Baader

yeah, sure, that guy was a drooling moron. Wait...what does this have to do with Kaczynski ???

>looked for a way to act on his schizo sociopath tendencies

An ad hominem insult

>What if Marx would have strangled 5 people...

If Marx had killed some prominent capitalists, yes, he would have enhanced the prospects of revolution and protected the revolutionary message. I'm reminded of that meme where stalin is in shock at what the modern "communist" left has mostly become--a virtue signaling LARP. If Marx were associated with the most extreme manifestation of ideology and defiance of the status quo, his ideology would have been much more resistent to that kind of cooptation.

Arguably, Marxism would be a much stronger, more virulent, and dangerous ideology if Marx indeed had killed some capitalists.

>> No.16272024

>>16269241
The same way he lived in a shed without losing his mind. He already lost it.

>> No.16272076

>>16271238
>And slavery carries a hope of freedom as long as you are alive.
True, but even with an execution you could be granted clemency at the last second.

>most of the common people are actually more afraid of an execution than they are of a life sentence
At first blush, yes, an execution seems scarier. But if you think about it, once you're dead, they can't do anything else to you, and depending on what you've done, you may even become a martyr/folk hero in the eyes of the people. On the other hand, if you lock someone away until they die, people will forget about them, and they surely won't want to imitate you. You won't be remembered, and you will be cruelly denied your personal freedom until you die, rendering your life almost pointless.

>> No.16272382

>>16269266
He literally tried to push for the death penalty in court, but his defense attorney screwed him over by threatening to plead insanity, so he tried to kill himself which didn't work, and ultimately ended up in prison. His court case is in general a nice case study of why the American justice system is completely dysfunctional on every level when it comes to attaining justice.

>> No.16272528

>>16272382
THIS. 100x. Finally someone who has a brain and has actually read the history. You've made my day.

>> No.16273910

>>16272382
We really should kill all lawyers.

>> No.16275241

>>16270413
bravo nolon

>> No.16275281

>>16269515
>like the people who never experienced youth and thus keep on postponing the next stage in life, living constantly in fear of death
Can you expand on this
I'm trying to feel if it applies to me or not

>> No.16275517

>>16271829
You're going to want to read Nihilism: the Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age by Seraphim Rose. Ted's whole power process ideology is basically just Vitalism, which is one of the later steps debunked in the book.

https://mega.nz/folder/oZwkUK7b#HJ8w0iF48ss5Cjv8Kbc5Pw

It's in the Orthodoxy folder

>> No.16275657

>>16269250
Even if he had internet he wouldn't want to use it

>> No.16275688

>>16275517
ty based orthobro

>> No.16275806
File: 61 KB, 752x501, ted kaczynski .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16275281
Well, in his own words, "In primitive societies life is a succession of stages. The needs and purposes of one stage having been fulfilled, there is no particular reluctance about passing onto the next stage. A young man goes through the power process by becoming a hunter, hunting not for sport or fulfillment but to get meat that is necessary for food. This phase having been successfully passed through, the young man has no reluctance about settling down to the responsibilities of raising a family. In contrast some modern people indefinitely postpone having children because they are too busy seeking some kind of fulfillment. We suggest that the fulfillment they need is adequate experience of the power process- with real goals instead of artificial goals of surrogate activities.

Again, having successfully raised his children, going through the power process by providing them with physical necessities, the primitive man feels his work is done and he is ready to accept old age (if he survives that long) and death. Many modern people, on the other hand, are disturbed by the prospect of physical deterioration and death, as is shown by the amount of effort they expend, trying to maintain their physical condition, appearance and health.

We argue that this is due to the unfulfillment resulting from the fact that they have never put their physical powers to any practical use, have never gone throught the power process using their bodies in a serious way. It is not the primitive man who has used his body daily for practical purposed who fears deterioration of age, but the modern man who has never had a practical use of his body beyond walking from his car to his house. It is the man whose need for the power process has been satisfied during his life who is best prepared to accept the end of that life."

>> No.16275835

>>16275517
I have downloaded it. This will be the first christian book I read in my life. I hope it is more about philosophy than theology.

>> No.16275913

>>16272382
He can always kill himself in prison. He hasn't yet though

>> No.16276029

>>16275806
Hmm so it's about power and achievement. I should move more, maybe build somethin carry planks etc. Well I've actually been to goal oriented despite my youth and failed at everything I set out to do as well. Now I've noticed I'm slightly frustrated at times for not having lived my late teens like others, socializing in the city and fucking beautiful girls. It's not like the time I spent trying to be productive actually succeeded in anything, and ironically if I'd tried less hard that happiness would've let me approach later problems from an easier angle

Definitely not afraid of death at least
But petty, still very petty

>> No.16276045

>>16276029
>I've noticed I'm slightly frustrated at times for not having lived my late teens like others, socializing in the city and fucking beautiful girls.
relatable

> I should move more, maybe build somethin carry planks etc.
That wouldn't make any difference. You should read "The Future of Industrial Society" by Kraczynski to understand what he means by the power process. It isn't as simple as being fulfilled if you become /fit/.

>> No.16276059

>>16276045
this. but its "Industrial Society and Its Future" (ISAIF) and it's spelled Kaczynski.

>> No.16276060

>>16269241
>being a retard

>> No.16276413

>>16271998
Lol. This post proves ideology is just cancer for the brain. Have fun day dreaming about violent revolution while LARPing on the internet, pussy

>> No.16276430

>>16271998
>muh ad hominem
If you uncover the deeper psychological reasons for a certain act, thus proving its inauthenticity, it is not an ad hominem insult. An ad hominem insult is when I'd say that his ideas are untrue because he has silly hair, or never worked a day in his life or whatever. That's not what I'm saying. You're getting very defensive because you know Kaczynski is a useless fuck up and the people who will liberate us from technocratic capitalism both through ideas and actions have yet to be born. He is a useless fuck up because instead of creating movement he played hide and seek with the FBI for years because he mail bombed some post office workers like a coward. He's no different than an ISIS teen who blows himself up in a French cafe, except the jihadists are actually brave because they sacrifice themselves with their acts of terror. Ted was just a pussy ass bitch.

>> No.16277238

>>16269583
the post /lit/ cant swallow

>> No.16278198

>>16277238
Equating industrialisation with whites is conceited. If it hadn't started in Europe, it would have started in India or China sooner or later. And all that doesn't matter now anyway because there are lots of non-western countries that are industrialized on the same scale, so there is no reason anymore to behave as if industrial society= europe.
Also have you thought that maybe those two people might be different, those that hate nignogs and those who advocate for Ted.

>> No.16278235

>>16271848
Does the FBI actually think he can be rehabilitated?

>> No.16278278

>>16276430
you have no idea what an ad hominen is in that case.

"deeper psychological reasons" don't matter. either the ideas stand on their own or they don't. "proving its inauthenticity" ? nice try.

All you've done is try to cobble together some higher form of ad hominem that appears superficially to have a greater basis in fact but is still just ad hominem.

It's you and your ideology (ideology of progress and tech which you've been conditioned with your whole life) which is causing you to be defensive. Thus the name calling ("useless fuck up," "psychopath" etc.). Pretty ironic.

>> No.16278294

/lit/ - Literature

>> No.16278309

>>16276430
and your "deeper psychological reasons" is horse shit. as a purely factual matter even that idea is not true. So even if your ad hominem reasoning were taken as legitimate, your theory fails because the it relies on false data. As they say in computer science, "garbage in, garbage out."

>> No.16278328
File: 36 KB, 328x500, ISAIF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16278294
Where else will we discuss writers?