[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 21 KB, 589x375, 127760779647.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1626659 No.1626659 [Reply] [Original]

hey, sorry for the request, but /r/ isn't putting out. A friend needs to write a sociolinguistics paper on the relexification of words on the chans. Can you help/ give a screencap of a thread that exemplifies the chans' tendency to use particular words without invoking their actual meaning? e.g. op is faggot

>> No.1626661

OP here, disregard that, I suck cocks

>> No.1626687

thank you for your contribution

>> No.1626690

>of words
>on the chans

If I where a professor in the humanities and someone came up with a paper about 4chan, I'd punch him and then write a public letter encouraging euthanasia.

>> No.1626702

>paper on the chans

Shit tier human detected

>relexification

Shit tier word detected

> tendency to use particular words without invoking their actual meaning

>actual meaning
>actual meaning
>actual meaning

Grice. Studies in the Ways of Words. Total signification = what is said + what is implicated. What is said = literal meaning + conventional implicature.

Fuck if I know what "actual meaning" is, though.

Also,

>screencap as data in a paper

Jesus fuck...

>> No.1626708

and that's why you aren't a professor, you lowly fool

>> No.1628134

Interesting idea; I was going to do something similar if I got a linguistics degree. No screencap, but here's moot's testimony from the Palin e-mail scandal:

http://www.businessinsider.com/4chan-founder-moots-weird-testimony-in-sarah-palin-email-hacking-tria
l-2010-8

>> No.1628174

>>1626659

you will need to spend like 10 dollars to contact this person but on the somethingawful thread about hbgary federal (the retards who tried to fuck with anon for money) there is a guy who claims to be helping his sociology professor write a paper about how anonymous works. You could probably pm him and ask for answers, he posts between pages 10 and 20. I forget exactly where.