[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 96 KB, 1200x1200, 26C48EA5-1648-40BA-8378-3F4FA8D313BC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16098881 No.16098881 [Reply] [Original]

Can we discuss this man and his philosophy?

Whats stopping you from just living the pre-agricultural hunter gatherer lifestyle right now?

>> No.16098889

Even he couldn't do it, that's why he started bombing people.
Can anyone complete the system of Kaczynskian idealism?

>> No.16098890

>>16098881
>Whats stopping you from just living the pre-agricultural hunter gatherer lifestyle right now?
the law

>> No.16098910

>>16098890
Its not really enforced, there are tons of communities living off the grid in the US

>> No.16098946

>>16098881
>Whats stopping you from just living the pre-agricultural hunter gatherer lifestyle right now?
because it's uncomfortable and i like being able to drive a car and play bideo gaemz

>> No.16098957

>>16098946
>>16098881
oh, and it's illegal to live off of federal land because it's trespassing

>> No.16098978

I have right wing primitivist leanings so I thought I'd enjoy him but I couldn't even make it an hour into his manifesto. I found his critique of leftists to be completely wrong and pretty biased.

>> No.16098998

>>16098978
How so?

>> No.16099007

>>16098910
Aren't those places kind of insular though? You can't really just go there and be like 'can i join bro'

>> No.16099014

>>16098881
Most of the areas viable for that are already taken over or destroyed by modern society.

I wouldn't have my hunter-gatherer culture, with its customs and experiences gained over countless generations, teaching me how to survive in my specific environment.

>> No.16099020

>>16098978
Just replace leftists with liberals and it makes perfect sense.

>> No.16099062

>>16098998
It's been a while since I read it but from what I recall, he basically said that leftists are inherently weak self hating people who project their self hate onto others. Personally I've come to the complete opposite opinion which is that most leftists are self righteous and smug due to excessive narcissism. You have two main types of leftists in my view.

1. social justice leftists who love virtue signalling about sexism, racism, and any type of inequality. Their entire goal is to appear more enlightened and righteous than you. It's why they attempt to find increasingly new and excessive ways to flex their righteousness by attacking every facet of society in some form or another. It's the mindset of most "activists".

2. economic leftists who are either low income losers or over educated millennials who are mad they couldn't turn their 10 years in academia into a six figure job. They attach themselves to marxist theory not because they hate themselves but because it explains away their bad financial decisions as uncontrollable externalities propagated by the capitalist system.

>> No.16099070

>>16099014
lol cope, just go to Alaska nerd or admit that you don't actually want to live a primitivist life.

>> No.16099071

Land isn't cheap.

>> No.16099098

>>16099062
>1. social justice leftists who love virtue signalling about sexism, racism, and any type of inequality. Their entire goal is to appear more enlightened and righteous than you. It's why they attempt to find increasingly new and excessive ways to flex their righteousness by attacking every facet of society in some form or another. It's the mindset of most "activists".
"12. Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual white males from middle- to upper-middle-class families.

13. Many leftists have an intense identification with the problems of groups that have an image of being weak (women), defeated (American Indians), repellent (homosexuals) or otherwise inferior. The leftists themselves feel that these groups are inferior. They would never admit to themselves that they have such feelings, but it is precisely because they do see these groups as inferior that they identify with their problems. (We do not mean to suggest that women, Indians, etc. are inferior; we are only making a point about leftist psychology.)"

>2. economic leftists who are either low income losers or over educated millennials who are mad they couldn't turn their 10 years in academia into a six figure job. They attach themselves to marxist theory not because they hate themselves but because it explains away their bad financial decisions as uncontrollable externalities propagated by the capitalist system.
"16. Words like "self-confidence," "self-reliance," "initiative," "enterprise," "optimism," etc., play little role in the liberal and leftist vocabulary. The leftist is anti-individualistic, pro-collectivist. He wants society to solve everyone's problems for them, satisfy everyone's needs for them, take care of them. He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs. The leftist is antagonistic to the concept of competition because, deep inside, he feels like a loser."

>> No.16099216

>>16099098
yes and I disagree with his psychoanalysis

>Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists
While it might be true that the pc "terminology" is mostly used by the leftist intelligentsia, it is wrong to say they are the majority of complainers. Blacks notoriously complain about racism all the time. I say this as someone who has worked around blacks a lot. Whether their views are valid or not, they definitely see racism absolutely everywhere. Just last week I had a black guy at a networking event claim he wasn't hired somewhere because he was black.

>They would never admit to themselves that they have such feelings, but it is precisely because they do see these groups as inferior that they identify with their problems.
Basically another form of the shallow "democrats r da real racists" argument that braindead conservatives make. Regardless how leftist whites feel towards minorities, their main objective is peer adulation, not some deep opinion on the weakness of others.

>He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs. The leftist is antagonistic to the concept of competition because, deep inside, he feels like a loser."
imo the economic leftist doesn't feel like a loser. He feels like an aggrieved victim who did everything right and still somehow ended up a failure. For them, their current economic situation is ALWAYS somebody else's fault because they have an inflated opinion of their labor's actual value.

>> No.16099233

>>16098881
Lack of friends willing to join?

>> No.16099506
File: 58 KB, 468x564, 1589575938992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16098881
Lack of knowledge. Even if I have the knowledge necessary to sustain myself in a natural environment I wouldn't be able to put it into practice because the viable places where one can live a primitive lifestyle is occupied by or not far from roads or human settlements maybe this wouldn't be the case if I hadn't been living a shithole who's trying to modernized itself

>> No.16099626

>>16098881
a weak sperg, didn't understand power

>> No.16099637
File: 33 KB, 420x500, 1545795156957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16098889
>Can anyone complete the system of Kaczynskian idealism?

>> No.16100179

>>16099007
What Im saying is you can make your own

>> No.16100186

>>16098881
The police, judges, lawyers, lawmakers, banks, tax collectors etc.

>> No.16100217
File: 62 KB, 1000x563, 1548071216033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16098881
>Can we discuss this man and his philosophy?
What would an actual philosophical enquiry into "Ted Kaczynski" look like?
>Like a seminar reading list I mean.
I would even say shit like watching "Arlington Road" would be necessary to understand the enviroment of domestic terrorism in America, to get the emotional punch to the factual readings of OKC and all.

>> No.16100225

>>16098881

property prices

>> No.16100248

>ITT: faggots who are too useless to even afford property think they could survive as hunter-gatherers

>> No.16100260

Modernity won't get off the lawn.
They had to set up railroads and flight paths. Wilderness will be assimilated.

>> No.16100284

>>16100248
>implying property is affordable at 100k+ per acre
>implying all prime wilderness property isn't govt owned and not for sale