[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 111 KB, 763x1152, Spengler.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15977545 No.15977545 [Reply] [Original]

According to Spengler, isnt the entire world now consumed by the west, and somehow part of the west? If so, doesnt that mean the entire world is going to decline and die? What will come afterwards?
Does he address this in man and technics? I want to pick it up but it's ridiculously expensive.

>> No.15977597

>>15977545
I forget the term he uses but it's more like they're adopting a superficial version of late Faustian culture/civilization. He said Russia would shake it off eventually as they grew into their own culture, but the timeline is very long, next 1000 years.

He didn't say anything much about China of course, which from the present seems like an oversight, but it's possible he'd even view current China as just a dead culture adopting Western civilizational forms. Who is to say really what the world will look like even in 100 years.

>> No.15977606

AI will make humans obsolete
iirc he said in Man and Technics that the end of the West will consume all of Earth's resources and extinguish the entire human species.

>> No.15977615

>>15977545
>man and technics
>expensive
I got a hardcover in German for under €10. the paperback is on Arktos for $13,50. unfortunately haven't gotten around to reading it yet so I can't answer your question

>> No.15977639

>>15977606
>AI will make humans obsolete
terrible meme

>> No.15977669

>>15977545
Provided we don't destroy ourselves through climate change or nuclear warfare, it will be like how the Roman empire gradually took on Middle Eastern culture before disappearing completely by about 300 AD, living from that point as "Roman" in name only. Only with us it will be the Russians. And it won't be for another few centuries.