[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 64 KB, 549x549, julius honkola.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15923033 No.15923033 [Reply] [Original]

>"The significance of all the crises of recent times can be summarized as follows: A man wanted to be free, for whom a life of freedom could spell only ruin. To say "God is dead" is only an emotional way of stating the basic fact of the epoch. But Nietzsche himself remarks that having "kiilled God, wasn't that perhaps rather too grand of us? Shouldn't we become gods in order to be worthy of it?" After recognizing that "nothing exists, all is permitted," and the "freeedom of the spirit," the inevitable consequence is the challenge: "Now prove the nobility of your nature.""

>"A famous passage of Zarathustra gives the most pregnant formulation to the essence of the crisis, " You call yourself free? Let me hear your ruling thoughts, and not that you have escaped bondage. Are you one who deserved to escape from it? There are many who threw away their only worth when they threw away their servitude. Free from what? Why should Zarathustra care? Your eyes should answer plainly: free for what?"

>"And Zarathustra warns that it will be terrible to be alone, without any laws from above oneself, alone with one's own freedom in a desert place and an icy air, judge and avenger of one's own law. For him who only acquires any worth by serving, for him who had in his bonds not a cause of paralysis but of support, solitude appears as a curse; he loses courage and his initial pride deflates. These are the sentiments, continues Zarathustra, that then assail the free man,and that will not fail to kill him if he does not kill them first. In precise terms, and from a higher point of view, this is the essential ground of modern man's unhappiness."

>> No.15924330

>>15923033
Checked, thanks for posting this anon

>> No.15924384

>>15923033
Good post. Busy shitposting about MyPillow in the Tucker watch thread on /pol/ but I'll be watching this

>> No.15924390

Did Evola ever speak about any of the “postmodern” philosophers or any people like Debord?

>> No.15924403

>>15923033
Where does Evola say this?

>> No.15924430

>>15924403
90% sure it's Ride the Tiger

>> No.15924448 [DELETED] 

>>15923033
>watching that /pol/tard e-boy who did blackface getting btfo by Evola
hilarious stuff. apparently the dude is a hardcore materialist utilitarian with an inflated idea about his iq and he tried to do a read through of Revolt Against the Modern World because he knew it from memes.
got piqued by Evola's assertion of the Spiritual being the basis for any legitimate life and civilization, tried to rationalize it as "yeah well i can see how giving religion to the plebs is useful for control but obviously the people who are in charge shouldn't have to believe it. the soul's not real you and everything you are is just chemicals in your brain." Pretty much expressing the exact view that Evola condemns as a mark of modern man's degeneration.
I don't even like Evola since I find him dry and pedantic and the parts of his that are worthwhile can be found in other, better writers. but it's funny watching /pol/ trying to read their own memes

>> No.15924913

>>15924448
Who are these other authors you speak of?

>> No.15924942

He's right. You think there's no god, so you're free now, but you soon find it's a doggy dog world