[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 400x275, wittgensteinhitler1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1588524 No.1588524 [Reply] [Original]

Got Philosophical Investigations today
>Fuck yeah
how does lit feel about Wittgenstein?

>> No.1588536

Weird how much Lil' Hitler looks like Papa Hitler

And the shadow of his nose looks like the winstache.

>> No.1588541

There was a discussion on this earlier, it turned into a discussion about Penelope Maddy. I'd be interested in reading some Witttgenstein too, but he seems hard. I think for now I'll just stick to his wikis and summaries. Tell all about him after you've finished reading.

>> No.1588545

>>1588536
>And the shadow of his nose looks like the winstache.
Fuck, you're right. That's creepy.

>> No.1588556

little hitler looks so much like adult hitler.

>> No.1588557

Pay close attention to him. Except ignore everything he says about therapy and trying to stop doing philosophy.

Also, note that despite his rejection of a lot of earlier work he says that in this work he follows Frege's context principle. You'll find the reference in the index under Frege, I think it's S49. I point this out so you don't become a "hurr Wittgenstein destroyed philosophy" nerd.

>> No.1588559

I have nothing of importance to add to the thread, but I do agree that that pic is enoyable.

>> No.1588613

i read about his picture theory.. and it very well fits the modern descriptions in the philosophy behind modeling.. Although, i dont see any big fuzz about this.. i figured out the limitations and the implications of modeling when i was like 20 by myself.

I only read about his picture theory because is commonly cited in science. Im completely ignorant about the rest of his work, but if it stays at the same level i wouldn't be impressed at all.

>> No.1588620

Was Hitler balls to the wall rich?