[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 393 KB, 1280x933, hooah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1586762 No.1586762 [Reply] [Original]

I am a US Army Soldier. Many of you are liberal college kid faggots. So let's have a discussion.

The argument I hear most about why I should quit my job is that the United States is an evil imperialist system of oilmongers who only use me to take money from poor third-worlders, but consider the following:

1) How is your job within the same capitalist system any different than mine? We both earn money for other people because for whatever reason, we lack the drive or ability to be financial alpha dogs. So you say I'm just a pawn in the scheme of a bunch of old rich white guys? How are you employed civilians any different? Even if this is true, consider the invasion of Kuwait. Would you rather have GW and co. controlling the world economy or crazy arab dictator #1,453,453,242,342 who may or may not use the funds to try and nuke your ass?

2) Contrary to popular belief, the military is still integral to protecting this nation from foreign threats. There are soldiers trained to deal with secret security clearance situations that don't make it into the media. So how can you say LOL THE MILITARY DON'T PROTECT ME FROM SHIT when you aren't even allowed to what the threats are?

(cont.)

>> No.1586764

3) The Middle East and Africa are by far the foulest pits of humanity to stain this earth. In poorer nations (re: most of them) the "people" there are more akin to animals than anything a westerner would consider a civilized human being. The kill, enslave, rape, and torture one another openly and on a daily basis, and many of their laws/religious dogma espouse this sort of behavior. If they are already killing each other, what's the difference between them or a soldier doing it? There are no "innocent" people in those places. These cultures do not give a shit about your highfaluton western values. So why should we apply our values to these mockeries of humans? Note that I am not racist. If a brown Arab man can adopt a non-Muslim, Americanized lifestyle without the whole "women are our property ALLAH ALAHU AKBAR" shit then more power to him. What I'm advocating is more of a "culturism", the idea that American culture is inherently superior to third-world "civlization" and that we should not pretend that such cultures are somehow equal to ours and feel obligated to tolerate them.

Well?

>> No.1586771
File: 8 KB, 184x251, 1292816381099s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>getting bum plundered
>make a new thread
ARMY STRONG

>> No.1586772

let's try again

>> No.1586774

stop reposting this

>> No.1586775

OP's mind: "Hmm, this board is easy to troll. God, what morons. I should repost, lol. Like a wasp's nest."

>> No.1586776
File: 124 KB, 328x480, nope.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1586771
Thread was deleted.

>>1586772
Thread should STAY deleted.

>> No.1586780

reported for illegal content.

semper fi, bitch.