[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 277x416, 1295557615351.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1576455 No.1576455 [Reply] [Original]

Who are some good Christian apologists? I've read the Screwtape Letters and the Great Divorce and enjoyed both heartily. Not even a christfag, I just enjoy following the logic.

>> No.1576490

I read the Screwtape letters less than a week ago, and I rather enjoyed it. It wasn't preachy, as I expected it to be, though now I understand I was pretty thoughtless with that expectation.

In truth, it sometimes does get preachy, but it preaches in reverse, from the opposing point of view, which actually adds a bit of humor to what is overall a rather serious work.

I was surprised to hear that the filmmakers who made the Chronicles of Narnia films wanted to make a Screwtape Letters movie. Or, rather, more than surprised I was actually a little disgusted by the idea, since I don't think it would translate very well to film.

>> No.1576502

Kierkegaard, if you can make it through his famously illogical argument.

>> No.1577103

The Godless Delusion by Patrick Madrid

>> No.1577156

>>1576455
G.K.Chesterton. Not read any of his non-fiction writings though. Definitely try The Man Who Was Thursday.

You might like George MacDonald too. That's the guy in the Great Divorce who Lewis loved. Lilith is his best novel.

>> No.1577216

>>1576502
'laborate.