[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 20 KB, 298x298, nathanexplosion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1575629 No.1575629 [Reply] [Original]

abstractionata

it's just a fucking job. it's not your life's work. DON'T GET EMOTIONALLY INVESTED.

if someone congratulates you on doing well, nod and say thanks and keep working like a soulless machine.

if someone calls you a fucking idiot and threatens to have you fired, nod and say sorry and keep working like a soulless machine.

you turn up every weekday and do what they tell you and they give you money. THAT'S ALL.

don't get conned into working overtime - unless they pay you more.

don't get conned into working through breaks, or trying to impress the boss with your dedication; he should be grateful you turn up sober.

he should be fucking grateful you turn up AT ALL.

there are better people than you doing this shit. it doesn't matter. there are worse people than you doing this shit.

they want initiative? they have to pay more for that. A LOT MORE. More than they can afford.

Feel nothing until you are out of the front door and far away. feel nothing for them. they feel nothing for you.

"Become a part of the clock. BECOME A GEAR."
- Dethklok, "The Gears"

>> No.1575631

>it's just a fucking job. it's not your life's work. DON'T GET EMOTIONALLY INVESTED.
That's nice advice, but I don't have a job.
>if someone congratulates you on doing well, nod and say thanks and keep working like a soulless machine.
That's what I do
>if someone calls you a fucking idiot and threatens to have you fired, nod and say sorry and keep working like a soulless machine.
That's how I get fired. I got fired for my last job for complaining that we had to work a free day
>there are better people than you doing this shit. it doesn't matter. there are worse people than you doing this shit.
That's nice to know.
>Feel nothing until you are out of the front door and far away. feel nothing for them. they feel nothing for you.
But I want to feel alive all day. Can I feel alive at work if it's not about work.

>> No.1575632

i work at the dog factory

>> No.1575633

>>1575631
Thanks! Another great post from www.livejournal.com/Tofu Can't wait to hear more!

>> No.1575638

>>1575633
I'll keep you updated : )

>> No.1575647

I'm a software engineer.

I love my job.

>> No.1575672

I just decided to quit my job when I ran across this.

I'm still going to quit.

>> No.1575676

>>1575672
What do you do?