[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 488 KB, 521x1024, 1289911562944.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1573763 No.1573763 [Reply] [Original]

Are mushrooms something you can do while you're staying at your parents house? Do you get all "duuuuude whaaaaaaa-"?

Also, Notes from Underground.

>> No.1573770

get the fuck out

>> No.1573775

you can, usually get mellowed but not too bad

>> No.1573840

>>1573775
Compared to the run of the mill weed trip...is it way more intense?

>> No.1573861

You could definitely hide a mushroom trip from family.

>> No.1573862

i would do it, but you might go and act a fool around your parents and then have to explain it..in fact..don't do it at the parents house..i've NEVER tripped there..it will harsh the whole experience..also dostoyevsky is a waste of time.

>> No.1573877

>>1573862
Point taken, I can imagine really forcing myself to hold back the trip with my parents around.

Dostoyevsky is a pretty great author man, although I'm only just starting to read Notes from Underground, and I'll admit I'm lost.

White Nights though, thats a solid story.

>> No.1573897

You could do it still.
But I mean...you'll need to wear sunglasses or something.
Your pupils are going to give you away.
That or what you say after they ask you about your pupils.

>> No.1573911

>>1573862
If you're going to trash an author, especially without backing up your opinion at all, at least learn how to spell his name.
It's "Dostoevsky".

>> No.1573906

a little

>> No.1573931

>>1573840
oh yes

>> No.1573975

you can do it but be aware that it will have a profound influence on the way your trip plays out. you might not like the results as much as if you did it someplace where you didn't have to hide yourself

i should note that if you're taking more than an eighth you shouldn't expect to be able to keep it under control

>> No.1575238

>>1573911
orly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoyevsky

Also, did not personally enjoy Notes from Underground. Good learning experience, I supposed, but really read like a vent from an overgrown emo boy. But perhaps I was too young then to appreciate him fully.

>> No.1575247

>>1573763

I wouldn't. I mean you will probably get away with it, but I just wouldn't run that risk. Go to a forest or something.

I did acid at my parent's house and they didn't notice, but I haven't done shrooms and I've heard the trip can get more out of control.

>> No.1575254

>>1573840

Holy shit you are stupid.

Weed =/= tripping. Weed = high.

Tripping is where you get visual distortions and you often get confused. When you are tripping you mind is fucked.

>> No.1575265

I dropped acid with this big day planned once, I was gonna go to the library, and the beach, and so on, but then I said fuck it and went to my mom's house. We hung out, I played guitar, it was a good time.

>> No.1575266

Theoretically you can, but you will have a bad trip because you will be really nervous about them finding out. They might not know you're tripping, but they will notice you're acting really weird.

Of course, shrooms only last 4-6 hours so if you know you'll be left alone that long, go for it.

>> No.1575283

I dropped acid at my mother's house when I was a teenager and ended up getting into a sort of altercation with her boyfriend, which did not end well for anyone.

As for mushrooms, I can't say why you'd want to do them at your parents' house, given that mushrooms lead to a softer, less coherent kind of trip. As for someone noticing unusual behavior, almost definitely. That being said, if you're just going to take them alone and roll around on the carpet, you'll probably be fine.