[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 38 KB, 463x575, 7e650010375af8aff901ed350c3566de--jesus-painting-lds-art-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15704424 No.15704424 [Reply] [Original]

Is it the truth? Why?

>> No.15704441

>>15704424
do you really think anything approved by CIA is true?

>> No.15704442
File: 51 KB, 1200x627, 49758-Jesus-crucifixion-1200x627-thinkstock.1200w.tn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15704424
Because
>Eucharistic miracles
>All the people who put so many hours and days and their lives into this
>All the people who literally died for this because they belived
>The extraordinary lives of saints
>The history shows it is true
>Jesus founded the catholic church

>> No.15704446

>>15704441
What do you mean by approved?

>> No.15704460

>>15704446
available to public. laws to protect freedom of larping and deceiving.

>> No.15704470

>>15704442
>>Eucharistic miracles
>>All the people who put so many hours and days and their lives into this
>>All the people who literally died for this because they belived
>>The extraordinary lives of saints
>>The history shows it is true
How is it any different from every other religion?
>>15704442
>>Jesus founded the catholic church
not true

>> No.15704473

>>15704460
Isn't the Catholic Church being infiltrated though? Just because something is public doesn't mean it's completely compromised.

>> No.15704485

>>15704473
modern christianity is corrupted to the very core, christianity and corruption are synonyms.

>> No.15704494

>>15704442
these are not facts and evidence, but slogans and moral arguments. people died and that's why it is true. ridiculous.

>> No.15704497

>>15704424
>Why?
Because it is. Simple as.

>> No.15704515

>>15704485
The core is Jesus Christ who is incorruptible. That's why they want to destroy the church completely and turn people away from God.

>> No.15704522

>>15704424
nope

>> No.15704524

>>15704515
the very core is not jesus, you imbecile, but his teaching, his yoke, which is obvious to any man of knowledge. church stole his name, teaching, interpretation, which is hoax by definition, manipulation. jesus must sue church for using his name.

>> No.15704564

Modern Christianity has completely been infiltrated and corrupted by extreme leftists.

>> No.15704590
File: 264 KB, 1092x2048, EbH11WOUcAEMfCS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pope kissing muslim feet
>pope praying in mosques
>past popes kissing quran in public
>pope taking part in pagan rituals (pachamama)
>incorrect theology (ADS + filioque), incorrect soteriology
>innovating rules out of nowhere (mandatory priestly celibacy, yet for 1000 years priestly marriage was perfectly accepted, and the apostles, prophets and even Peter were married...)
>the mafia and child-rape scandals
>firing a Bishop for burning an LGBT flag
>Vatican 2
>CCC teaching 841, muslims and catholics adore the same God and are included in his plan of salvation (lmao)

Nah I'm good with reformed theology, I'd sooner become Orthodox than Catholic.

>> No.15704632

>>15704524
Jesus Christ is not the core of Christianity? Yes, his teaching, but where do the teachings lead? You ignore the spiritual and energetic aspect of Christianity, which is the source of its true power. People believe because they EXPERIENCE Christ as true not because of pure information. Have you ever thought of what it would feel like to actually be in the presence of Jesus Christ? How that would affect you internally? It is the spirit that is the teacher, and the teacher that is the spirit.

>> No.15704640

>>15704424
>Is it the truth? Why
No, because it has always operated as a corrupt corporation while simultaneously presenting itself as a bastion of morality.

>> No.15704647

Can someone help me out with Catholicism, or Abrahamic religions in general? I'm ready to give it a real shot, but I'm never going to be ready to interpret the Bible as anything more than allegorical. Are there any philosophers who deal with the Bible in this capacity?

>> No.15704653

>>15704632
>Yes, his teaching, but where do the teachings lead?
Repentance, conformity to the bible, submission to God, leading a moral life, humility, obedience, spreading the Gospel by word and deed, going to church regularly, fleeing from sin, daily prayer, etc.

>but the feeling, feels, fee fees, experience
Being intoxicated with emotions, and prioritizing them above the Word, is trash spiritualism, and what Marx correctly called the öpiate of religions.

>> No.15704661

>>15704647

>but I'm never going to be ready to interpret the Bible as anything more than allegorical. Are there any philosophers
If you go into religion or philosophy with such a strong presupposition you might as well not bother.

>> No.15704673

>>15704647
>t I'm never going to be ready to interpret the Bible as anything more than allegorical
Lucky for you, in Catholicism you can just let your priests do all the interpreting and reading for you.
If you are actually serious, Unitarian Universalism would be more your speed although now it's pretty much "Spiritual But Not Religious": The Church

>> No.15704676

>>15704632
teaching leads to God, nirvana, samadhi, vision, 3d eye. teaching leads to the most inner self, higher consciousness, "I" without strings to ego attached. I know a lot more than regular people can possibly imagine.

>> No.15704679

>>15704424
No. People don't come back to life retard

>> No.15704684

>>15704647
>I'm never going to be ready to interpret the Bible as anything more than allegorical
You have to be at least willing to accept that when Christians were being put to death for their beliefs (and still are all over the world to this day) that they did it for a good reason. Why would anyone be willing to do that if it were just allegorical? If your only answer to that question is that people are stupid, then you completely missed the point from the onset.

>> No.15704689

>>15704676
no, none of that bullshit.
you'll continue to be a little human battling his ego and sin until you die. nirvana is a narcissistic delusion.

>> No.15704690

>>15704684
>that when Christians were being put to death for their beliefs (and still are all over the world to this day) that they did it for a good reason
There are martyrs in every single religion.

>> No.15704708

>>15704690
And your point is? I responded to someone who mentioned the Bible in a thread about Christianity. We’re not talking about other religions here.

>> No.15704712

>>15704653
I am talking about reaching higher spiritual states. Besides salvation that is the point of all this.

>>15704676
This guy knows.

>> No.15704714
File: 657 KB, 1148x1542, michael.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15704590
Begome

>> No.15704719

>>15704647
St. John of Damascus. Read the Fount of Knowledge

>> No.15704730

>>15704708
It sounds callous, but people dying over something isn't so special.
People have done so long before Christianity. It's valid to talk about it in comparison to other religions because your point is that there is something exceptional to the belief of Christians, that they would be willing to die for that belief.
I am not trying to put your point down, I am just saying that that is an unconvincing avenue to take.

>> No.15704739

>>15704647
Fuck all that. Do 10 grams of mushrooms, grab a Bible or cross, abd while you're coming up pray and ask Jesus Christ to help you. You won't regret it.

>> No.15704742

>>15704442
Basically communism

>> No.15704755

>>15704684
>You have to be at least willing to accept that when Christians were being put to death for their beliefs (and still are all over the world to this day) that they did it for a good reason.
I'm not willing to believe that though, not because I know Christians, but because I know people. You could tell me that people have been dying for the cosmic truths embedded in Cheerios for ten thousand years and that's not going to make me any more amenable to the spiritual qualities of cereal.
>>15704719
I'll look into it, thanks anon.
>>15704661
I need to believe that centuries of theological philosophy don't just fall back on biblical literalism.

>> No.15704760

>>15704730
Okay, then how about the manner in which they were put to death? Bartholomew the Apostle Was skinned alive for his beliefs. You’d think that if someone told you, renounce your faith or we’ll skin you alive, would deter them, but that was not the case for him. How can anyone logically justify where faith like that comes from, if not from God? That was essentially what I was getting out, in the context of belief in the Bible (which, like I said, is what I was responding to in the first place).

>> No.15704776

>>15704689
no, none of that bullshit.
you'll continue to be a little human battling his ego and sin until you die.

>> No.15704800

>>15704760
Some Aztecs willingly volunteered to have their heart ripped out of their chest. Sikhs were tired to cannons and dismembered. Vietnamese Buddhists protested the war by self-immolation.
And so on, and so on.
I'm not trying to be rude. I am sympathetic to religions, Christianity included. I really am, I am just telling you martyrdom is a tenuous point if you are trying to argue for Christian exceptionalism.

>> No.15704862

>>15704424
What is the Catholic take on the god of the OT?
A non Christian here interested in the history of Israelites

>> No.15704875

>>15704800
how many communists died for communism, anon!

>> No.15704878

>>15704712
>I am talking about reaching higher spiritual states.
That's pagan narcissism, Christians strive for obedience to Christ, developing virtues, humility, generosity, righteousness, repentance, etc. And salvation is the most important gift from God, spiritual highs come and go don't worry about them.

>> No.15704885

>>15704441
What religion are you alluding to that is suppressed by the CIA? Islam?

>> No.15704886

>>15704755
>I need to believe that centuries of theological philosophy don't just fall back on biblical literalism.
the bible can be literally true while our philosophical understanding develops over time. It's not either/or.

Hoping to turn all the important parts into allegories is usually a tactic for homosexuals and deviants who want to water down parts they don't like.

>> No.15704894

>>15704800
I don’t think those are valid comparisons. The willing Aztec was affirming their faith, not being told to deny it or die. The Sikh’s you refer to were probably killed as part of a genocide, and were killed before they were given a chance to renounce their faith, if any of them were given a chance at all. And the Buddhists that kill themselves in that manner are doing it as a form of protest, and again, are not being asked to renounce their faith.

Christian martyrs on the other hand, at least certain ones, would rather die than renounce their faith, even under threat of excruciating death.

To a Sikh or a Buddhist, maybe it doesn’t really matter to them that they die because they believe in reincarnation, so they can get another chance to do it over in the next life. But a Christian believes that they only have one life, and they have to make the right choice before they die or suffer the consequences. That’s the difference.

>> No.15704920

>>15704878
opposite. to larp weakness in order to be saved by some external god, to be liked by him is narcissism, pure toxic narcissism, victimizing oneself, and pray for reward. jesus, buddha, krishna saved themselves by themselves, and their teaching is how to do it. spiritual, spirit, inspire, these words come from spirare, breath. most spiritual breathing is strong laughter, anon. leave sorrow, let dead NPC bury their dead. God created universe perfect, learn to see Gods perspective. Your life is a gift from God, how do you waste it? The most spiritual hight is God, and he never will go. Sins come and go, don't worry about them.

>> No.15704924

>>15704885
you won't believe what I say. in true occult teachings one enters the cult against his will. just like you need force to let house pet cat to go outside his cave.

>> No.15704948

>>15704886
>Hoping to turn all the important parts into allegories is usually a tactic for homosexuals and deviants who want to water down parts they don't like.
If you decide to start taking the majority of Scripture literally then within two chapters of Genesis it ends up arguing with itself, let alone the other various contradictions in Scripture, plus the fact that literalism isn't how Christians have traditionally understood Scripture. Complaining about people not taking "muh literalism" seriously and using a reference to people who are fine with the gays theologically, as though their argumentation doesn't often hinge on an extreme form of literalism that relies heavily on specific word usage and their historic translation for the most part.
>>15704755
>I need to believe that centuries of theological philosophy don't just fall back on biblical literalism.
Read some commentaries from the Church Fathers as you work through Scripture; they read it seriously, and sometimes said they read it literally, but it's not the same thing as you or I mean when we talk of literalism.

>> No.15704955

>>15704676
You are an illuminist heathen. You are satanististic in your hoarding of esoteric "knowledge." You are not Jesus, so take that name off. You have nothing good to say. It is by the grace of God alone that anyone comes to know wisdom, and not occultic initiations.

>> No.15704958

>>15704920
> to larp weakness in order to be saved by some external god, to be liked by him is narcissism, pure toxic narcissism, victimizing oneself, and pray for reward.
To admit your sins and mistakes is to be objective with yourself.
I agree wallowing in self-pity or guilt is a form of mental illness, but that's not what Christians are taught. A real man admits his mistakes, asks for forgiveness and turns away from his sins.

Narcissim is excessive admiration for one's self while downplaying your shortcomings. If a Christian sins, such as going to a prostitute, lying, stealing, speaking evil of others, then it's proper to repent, it's not narcissism. No one is perfect except God, we all make mistakes and fall to weakness every day, only a perfect being is free from the need to repent. If you were perfect you wouldn't need salvation nor nirvana, you wouldn't need to chase spiritual highs, or do whatever pagan stuff you do.

>most spiritual breathing is strong laughter, anon. leave sorrow, let dead NPC bury their dead.
Even Jesus wept for Lazarus.

>. God created universe perfect, learn to see Gods perspective.
The universe fell with Adam and Eve, and it is still fallen because man is still ignorant and wicked.

>Sins come and go, don't worry about them.
This is pure cope from a weak mind that can't admit it's own problems.

>> No.15704959

>>15704894
>Christian martyrs on the other hand, at least certain ones, would rather die than renounce their faith, even under threat of excruciating death.
I think this whole argument falls to pieces of you can demonstrate one single instance of "would rather die than" outside of theology, since this proves that the willingness to die for your convictions is not specific to religion. Take Elliot Rodgers for example. He had a system of beliefs he held to incredibly powerfully, and died for them after committing mass murder. There is no evidence to suggest be was religious in the slightest in his manifesto or in examinations of his life. If the willingness to die for your beliefs is not strictly due to religious beliefs, then it follows that there must other factors which can override the desire to live, and that the implication of some kind of Christian monopoly on martyrdom is unfounded.

>> No.15704964

>>15704948
The bible has been taken very literally up until the the last 60 or 70 years where faggots and women decided to re-interpret a lot of it. You can join them if you like, but that's not traditional Christianity and never will be.

>> No.15704968

>>15704878
Everything you described is a quality of a higher spiritual state lol
>>15704878
This is almost right but "larping weakness" is not applicable when you're talking about God. You're surrendering to God, which is your inner most Self. People talk about praising Jesus as the Lord because the spirit of Jesus is in fact the true "you". Not to be confused with the ego, which only cares about itself, and not God or others.

>> No.15704976
File: 725 KB, 300x300, 3cd16a255008b0d_300300.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15704968
>my true self is God
>repenting of sin is narcissistic
Not only is this delusional it's also blasphemous.

>> No.15704984

>>15704964
It's generally been understood within the context of science as it develops; note that the Fathers aren't arguing about, say, the creation of the Earth in a specific "This number of years ago, God made the Earth this exact way", but rather "The Earth was made" as opposed to it having always existed, given that the views were basically "the universe always existed" and "the universe didn't always exist". To act as though it was always taken literally is to ignore the fundamental differences between the Antiochian and Alexandrian schools of thought and frankly, is a pathetic attempt to try to graft their own fundamentalist literal takes on the Fathers.
Unless, of course, you're a historically revisionist Baptist who thinks True Christians were persecuted in the Roman Catholic Church, in which case you already exist in your own land of make believe.

>> No.15704985

>>15704968

u read one advaita vedanta book and listened to one new age guru on youtube and became a retard

>> No.15704989

>>15704984
Go read Seraphim Rose' book on Creation and Genesis. The church fathers were very unanimous on a literal genesis, with minor differences, ignore Origen and other retarded heretics, they were a minority.
Of course when serious Protestants research the early church fathers they come to the same conclusions.

>> No.15704992

>>15704985
/lit/ in a nutshell

>> No.15704997

>>15704985
I don't read. I've lived.

>> No.15705015

>>15704590
>841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

What the helll... I didn't know this...

>> No.15705019

>>15704997
So a natural schizo & narcissitic personality disorder, gottcha

>> No.15705024

>>15704989
Rose is an outlier within Orthodoxy and only well liked by a very certain type of convert. However, I will read through it; in fact, I'm doing so now. I see him constantly use the word literal but never provide proof that the Fathers meant what we mean by literal; in fact, I see him routinely point towards an understanding that we would refer to as allegorical while being insistent that we not just toss out Genesis or ignore it, which is notably not something I've advocated for.
Frankly, it's almost a relief finding out that Rose might not be the twit that recent converts make him seem.

>> No.15705026

>>15705019
The serpent recoils at the truth.

>> No.15705030

>>15704894
If someone gladly gets their beating heart ripped out of their chest, do you think they would renounce their faith rather than be killed?
>maybe it doesn’t really matter to them that they die because they believe in reincarnation, so they can get another chance to do it over in the next life
I will say to you that this is not true, because a human life is incredibly hard to obtain and incredibly precious. They may get another chance, but that could be in hundreds of millions of cycles.
In Christianity, martyrs are immediately rewarded with afterlife. This is not necessarily so in the faiths you mention.
There are many instances of other religious people dying rather than renounce their faith; take for instance Falun Gong who are tortured to death by the hundreds and get their organs harvested rather than renounce their faith. That isn't even mentioning secular martyrs, who die for political or nationalist causes.
Sorry for the late reply, I was doing something else.

>> No.15705035

>>15705024
Ah, nevermind. He's beginning to slip into the very same mistake where he begins misunderstanding the word literal.
What a shame, I almost was enjoying his writing style.

>> No.15705049

>>15704640
As above, so below

>> No.15705072

Can one be a racist and a Christian? To be more specific, can one be in favour of a strict ethnostate and be a Christian?

>> No.15705079
File: 225 KB, 703x534, 1587867672085.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15705072
No

>> No.15705092

>>15705079
Are there any equivalents of this for the Orthodox and other denominations?

>> No.15705104

>>15705035
The church fathers were not liberal modernists, so it's not surprising they believed in a historical Adam, historical garden, and that literal death entered the world via the Fall.

What are you trying to reconcile? Evolution? Old earth? Original Sin?

>> No.15705111

>>15704955
You are an illuminist heathen. You are satanististic in your hoarding of esoteric "knowledge." You are not Jesus, so take that name off. You have nothing good to say. It is by the grace of God alone that anyone comes to know wisdom, and not occultic initiations.

>> No.15705125

>>15704976
Life itself is a representation of God, and the essence of life is the soul/Self/spirit - that which is eternal, infinite, and divine - all of which are qualities of God. To have a human soul and be on a spiritual path means to realize divinity by means of surrendering to God. When you surrender to God you open the door for that divinity to shine through, because that is your true essence. This is what I mean.

>> No.15705126

>>15704958
you regurgitate deception you have read somewhere, not what you know. to know is to see, to experience. you justify your own weakness. you continue to lie because to tell truth is to lose people you are attached to, your enemies who love you, love to toy with you. but to understand this you need to live a year on a separate planet without books and communication with people, only there you can find your real self. you are a product, anon, NPC, not a smart unique personality better than bad sinners.

>> No.15705129

>>15705079
Why?

>> No.15705149

>>15705104
It's no surprise that the sort of person who reads Rose (and chooses the "trad" equivalent of a mediocre pop theologian) falls into the exact same mistakes as him, complete with the exact same horrendous concept that anyone who disagrees is a "liberal modernist", or to quote you from earlier, a "faggot or a woman".
Allegorical as it was meant to the Fathers is that it didn't happen at all, but is a purely symbolic truth.
For us, we use allegorical to mean it doesn't happen exactly as it appears.
Rose does the exact same thing that Aquinas does in the Summa where he takes two words that look close enough and graft them together to support his preexisting ideas; Rose grafts together the modern and ancient concepts of allegory and uses them as a poor cudgel with which to justify a view that, if held, will only serve to prove Christianity wrong outright. That said, I don't think either of us are going to change our minds, even if I were to bring the entirety of Quasten's Patrology to the table, or set up some reading list of a plethora of the Fathers' works on Genesis (with context, rather than cherry picked poor examples as found in Rose's work).

>> No.15705156

>>15705129

this is why:

Galatians 3:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

>> No.15705160

>>15704424
Stop seeking religious help on 4chan, email priests and go to church you bunch of feckless LARPers

>> No.15705174

Literalism is prot brainrot. Flip side of the coin from vulgar materialism and "enlightenment" empiricist atheism. Why does anybody think that reading texts like Genesis allegorically means taking them less seriously? That betrays a serious of dearth of understanding of the historic church. Allegory gives us access to truth, just because The Bible is allegorical (even when Jesus himself spoke in parables and with metaphors) doesn't mean it's a frivolous fairy tale made to put babies to sleep.

>> No.15705175

>>15705156
ok so since there's neither male nor female it's ok to be a homo

>> No.15705176

>>15705156
lie, not in jesus, in "I". I am in everyone. I am the tree and people are leaves on it. Jesus was a leaf who lost ego, became one, and merged with tree, father, who is One, and spoke on behalf of tree. when you judge another leaf, you judge tree, and thus judge yourself, because you are a leaf and thus a tree. God is hand, and people are fingers. Jesus never called himself jesus, he always spoke "I". I is father, I is God.

>> No.15705182

>>15705175
every atom in Universe is OK.

>> No.15705225

>>15705182
pedos are ok?

>> No.15705494
File: 74 KB, 464x701, fe0dedd435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15704590
>Nah I'm good with reformed theology
I'm in the same boat, the more I read some Puritans and Calvin the more I'm interested in learning more. The churches aren't nearly as popular as catholic ones, but the services are very comfy and feel like real church to me.

>> No.15705500

>>15705176
Yes.

>> No.15705507

>>15705225
of course pedos are OK. once you are dead, once you are on the cross you stop caring about who fucks whom and how. you sleep 8 hours per day and when you sleep pedos are OK for you as well. you hate pedos because it is mainstream, virtue signaling, because you fear be out of herd, because of envy, and CIA encourages this mass hysteria, diverts attention. people must hate people, not government and church. this larping became a habit, part of personality, and one needs a powerful kick, stress to get out of it.

funny how stupid pederasts use concept of karna. if a dude rapes a woman they will say dude will have his karma back, but don't consider possibility that it is dude who returns karma to the bitch.

>> No.15705521

>>15705507
lol shut the fuck up

>> No.15705761

>>15705521
that means you are already shut.

>> No.15705782

>>15704442
>All the people who put so many hours and days and their lives into this
>All the people who literally died for this because they belived
>The extraordinary lives of saints

Same thing is found with Islam

>> No.15705797

>>15705072
yes. this is a good outline
https://faithandheritage.com/2011/01/a-biblical-defense-of-ethno-nationalism/

the relationship between God and peoples is through nations not individuals. nations can be pius or not. nations can be perverse or not.

>> No.15706150

>>15705797
thanks pretty good article

>> No.15706806

>>15704441
Do you take your meds schizo?

>> No.15706817
File: 159 KB, 748x1047, co1592878598705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15704424
I'm not Catholic but I do identify as Christian partially because I was raised that way and partially because it pisses people off when I use the Bible as a reason why you shouldn't kill babbies and live like a hedonist

>> No.15706826

Catholicism is so fucking cringeworthy

>> No.15706980

>>15706806
schizo is 99% of bible and 100% of believers. believe and schizo are synonyms. ask psychiatrist.

>> No.15706990

>>15706817
so you have chosen path of suffering and victimizing yourself. narcissism.

>> No.15707072
File: 64 KB, 887x615, 4tv1592511867838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15706990
I will willingly admit to being a narcissist.
Doesn't mean I can't be a good Christian boy though.

>> No.15708125

>>15704424
bump

>> No.15708288
File: 83 KB, 800x800, 800px-Flag_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why be a Catholic? There are ten reasons, anon:

>Only the Catholic Church can trace its roots back to Christ Himself.
>The Eucharist—the Real Presence of Christ—is not found in Protestant churches.
>Unlike other Christians, Catholics have a fully sacramental understanding of God’s saving activity.
>Because of the Church’s magisterium, Catholics have the assurance that their beliefs are divinely revealed truths, not human interpretations and opinions.
>The Catholic Church, more than any other, gives fitting honor to the Mother of God.
>More than any other Christian religion, Catholicism takes Scripture seriously.
>The Church has survived and even thrived for almost two thousand years, despite every form of persecution, opposition, and difficulty.
>Of all Christian religions, Catholicism has the most accurate and complete understanding of human nature.
>Catholicism reflects the nature of heaven more accurately than any other religion.
>Because it is rooted in, but also transcends, time and history, the Church can help its members discover and live by God’s unchanging truth.