[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 111 KB, 856x1216, Xtv4f-EfQ2x7Pml3U0PNVLw59UwL7KlqGSMq_hzPMhE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15646229 No.15646229 [Reply] [Original]

Hello, friends. I came up with a possible answer for the question "why we don't care about nature (air pollution, global warming, etc)" and I want to hear your opinions.

1.Basically, most part of the advanced world is either christian or their worldview is based of christian morality (except China).
2.Key aspect of christian worldview is the idea of apocalypse - the belief in linearity of time and a certain end to everything with a unification with father-god.
3.When people cut down forests and build air-polluting factories for the sake of profit, deep down they understand that their actions cause harm to nature, but the idea that this world is just a proving ground for the next world is imprinted much more deeply into our unconsiouss.
4.If I dare to say, those people actually want to accelerate global catastrophies (apocalypse), because the thought of it gives them some form of satisfaction (return to god).

Of course my premise is that we should preserve our planet for the next generations.
This worldview might be more common among protestants.
These thought pop up in our subconsiousness (btw, I am not making a claim that there is such a thing)

Elaborate, please

>> No.15646985

or maybe, they are just stupid animals who seek emmidiate comfort and security aboce all else

>> No.15647154

>>15646229
lol thats gotta be the most stupid babble i've ever read in my life and i've read trumps twitter.

Its true that christian teology comes to the logic conclusion that everything has to end, even something as big and old as the world, but the reason why people dont care about it is because they fear poverty and weakness.

This are the options:
>1) We stop industry and stop polluting
This leads to a APOCALYPTIC economic contraction. Dreams about being a profesionist are shit from the past. Eating a chicken or getting an A/C becomes almost impossible por 99% of the world population.
Basically we return to the middle ages. Not that bad if you ask me, at least we have the natural world.

>2)We keep going whit industry
This scenario is far more easy to imagine. Climate change makes APOCALYPTIC changes on earth athmosphere, killing almost everyone from "natural" reasons.

I think people have the "faith" that at some point, industry will evolve to a "clean" industry, but that cannot happend without keeping the economic growth going.

Or maybe everyone is just a selfish capitalist pig and says "wahhhh less money for more nature? fuck that im gonna be dead before the apocalypse comes anyway lolool"