[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 447 KB, 670x974, the melting pot.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1560646 No.1560646 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm looking to write a thesis on the culture of humans interacting with machines. I've been looking for a nonfiction account of the life of an early mill/factory worker. I started out looking for a journal of some kind.

Any discussion of this topic is encouraged.

>> No.1560694

Dear diary,

Today I lost the end of my finger in the gears of the mill. It's so loud in there no-one even heard me yell. Good thing too, it was a mighty blasphemous curse that I yelled. One of the women from the packing room bandaged it for me. It made working awkward. The beer I had at lunch time made my head swim, even though it's more water than beer. Right now the finger is throbbing and aching sore. I'll have to remember to be careful tomorrow, otherwise clumsiness will probably cost me the rest of the finger in the same gear. Last year Bob lost his finger the same way, but over three days, a joint at a time. Weather was fine today, might rain tomorrow.

>> No.1560696

>>1560694
lol

>> No.1560710

OP your picture is fantastic, what is that from?

>> No.1561297

>>1560710
dunno, just found it on /v/. Thought it was appropriate.

>> No.1561302
File: 7 KB, 151x196, robot robby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Start with this:

A robot looking up a girl's skirt to see her underpants.

Interaction between machine and (wo)man at its finest.