[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 38 KB, 321x362, 57C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15600820 No.15600820 [Reply] [Original]

What the fuck is an “inner voice”? Could someone give me a straight forward, no frills answer? Do you have one? What are the implications if I don’t have one?

>> No.15600865

For me it’s mostly negative reinforcement or confusion
>God, I really am dumb.
>Wow, how did I end up here?
>What are you doing?
Then there’s the paranoia
>I’m just a normal guy being normal
>Someone is watching me
>They’re evil
It’s an internal dialogue that just plays out without thinking. Sometimes full songs with me singing in ridiculous voices loops in my head.

>> No.15600874

>>15600820
*i'm not expert*
>What the fuck is an “inner voice”?
the voice (that's your own voice but with no actual sound, only the concept of voice) that sometimes appear when you debate with in your head simulating real situations
>Could someone give me a straight forward, no frills answer?
>Do you have one?
Yes, it's the same voice but with no actual sound, i can't hear myself inside my head but i pronounce every word in my head (if i'm recreating a convo like writting this text now). It's a no sound voice that you know that it's your own, if that makes sense
>What are the implications if I don’t have one?
I guess, none since I think everybody has one, maybe you just don't simulate in your mind that much.

Do you talk aloud with yourself?

>> No.15600890

>>15600865
Ohhh I understand now. I definitely have one then. Occasionally my voice while provide negative reinforcement but more often then not it provides an assessment of my current mental state on one to ten scale. I didn’t really give any of that an in-depth thought until just now

>> No.15600897
File: 199 KB, 1420x1963, c23bf4d03b7cb9e62db1973b1db95e9a4a-28-alt-right-pepe.2x.w710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Imagine being in a relationship with someone but this time you have to build up the type of person before dating them now imagine waking up constantly being surronded by them, if you treat that person like shit they will do the same to you since you cant just break up with them. Your inner voice reflects the type of person you are and represents how you treat yourself, the kind of things you do to it will affect you often times in the form of thought or control of your actions when your in a more passive state of thinking

>> No.15600908

>>15600820
>What are the implications if I don’t have one?
Perspectives ? I have no idea how you can improve yourself without it.

>> No.15600926
File: 8 KB, 700x456, Dianoia.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The inner voice it your mind's performance of discursive reasoning (dianoia). If you have no inner voice you lack an intellective soul and are a mere animal or plant.