[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 632 KB, 720x480, Martha_Nussbaum_wikipedia_10-10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1558897 No.1558897 [Reply] [Original]

What does /lit/ think of Martha Nussbaum?

>> No.1558900

I think you should get the text right when editing pics of her.

>> No.1558908
File: 151 KB, 398x499, 1281995494641.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

She's a woman.

>> No.1558913
File: 16 KB, 321x340, 400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1558900

>> No.1558917
File: 11 KB, 501x585, jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Martha's Protestant father was horrified by her decision at N.Y.U. to marry a Jew named Alan Nussbaum, a linguist she met in a class on Greek prose composition. But she was an eager convert. "I had an intense desire to join the underdogs and to fight for justice in solidarity with them," she has written. For Nussbaum, Judaism offered a sense of community lacking in her own upbringing. "I read Martin Buber and understood that virtually every relationship I had observed at Bryn Mawr had been an I-It relationship, involving no genuine acknowledgment of humanity," she wrote. Her marriage to Alan Nussbaum ended in 1987.

She's a ZOG-BOT lesbocrat.

>> No.1558923

took a class with her and she's very nice. some of the stuff that she writes is just very boring though. (cultivating humanity etc)

>> No.1558928

>>1558913

She's a jew.

>> No.1558940

>>1558897
If that's her picture, she's totally fuckable. I'm sort of into that age demographic.

>> No.1559035

>As for Nussbaum herself, her appearance back then was markedly plain, though I suppose she was in her twenties and not 52 as she is now. Her manner was coquettish, in the sense of Foucault's seduction perhaps deliberately so, even ironic, and she dressed in a way rather more feminine than was common for a female professor in the late 70s -- long dresses, not pantsuits, heavy lipstick but not obviously made up otherwise, not so much the Southern Belle as a rather conservative if unlikely Cougar. Instead of the bull dyke you see above, the net effect was a rather plain women, perhaps a Lesbian femme, masculine like Ann Coulter but less so, and trying more earnestly though without much success to compensate. The musculature on the arms has been acquired since, and looks disfiguring to me, even if it is technically correct by the canons of some sport. Back then, it would have made her 'act' entirely implausible. One did not doubt she was a woman, nor find her so repulsive.

>Her lecture voice was odd -- high pitched but not feminine, with a monotone sing-song so pronounced one wondered if she was a native speaker at all. I was inclined to believe she was German, or at least Continental. As a working hypothesis at the time it had much merit: it explained the Nietzsche, the voice (like the Rue Morgue -- everyone hears a different language), the unsympathetic foreignness of her appearance. I was never quite able to convince myself though: in every other respect she seemed quite American.