[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 276 KB, 1024x1006, guenomnomnom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15506044 No.15506044 [Reply] [Original]

Ok /lit/, give me the best wiritng advice you have NOW

>> No.15506149

>>15506044
Find a value system, imagine some character (ideally based on someone you know personally or a well documented famous person) who would live by that value system but doesn't measure up to it ("I'm not pretty enough" "I'm not patriotic enough" "I'm not chad enough" etc.) and now find a opposition value system, imagine a character who seems to embody the qualities that the first character doesn't measure up to, but has a different value system.
Now, and this is the tricky part, design some plausible circumstance they would come into direct contact with one another for a sustained period of time. Be creative, don't use a workplace like the police precinct or an office, find something that ties well to their opposing values.
At this point it should become fucking easy to write, now you just need a few chapters where their increasing hatred causes them to act in way that once again violate against their value systems until one or both of them are forced to reevaluate their views on the world. Now you can milk out another few chapters about the conflict this attempt to change their behaviors in accordance with their new values does. Then you finish it either with them changing again (which can include death), changing back, or persevering.

>> No.15506204
File: 23 KB, 604x400, eckhart_tolle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15506044
Become present to the moment, and allow the sentence to flow out. When you are present to the moment, you'll find your thoughts to be more profound, creative, and you'll rarely regret them.

>> No.15507127
File: 60 KB, 740x555, SoldToABunchOfCrackHeads.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15506044
Don't believe that some English teacher literature analysis or lists of stylistic devices will help you in any way, that's basically brain coagulator. Read a lot and try to assimilate the logics of the style of the stuff you like in every detail, starting with your own perspective. Write carefully even if you spend hours on it. And don't care too much about morals probably.