[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 509x411, TxdsXJMroLgNz07DB_lbeYxNun-W2rAvsKMotZlu5S0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15500085 No.15500085 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /lit/, so I've read a very read a book which tends to towards philosophy about 3 years ago. Someone asked me what it's about and I couldn't recall all and ofc not the thoughts and findings I had during reading, which is completely normal in my opinion. Some things stay some thing pop up when you need them. Turns out he read the book and called me a poser for saying I've read it. I feel treated wrong and I don't know what to do in this situation. This person clearly has some ego problems but I dunno how to deal with it. Isn't it just normal to forget about books, I don't think recalling word for word of a book is the only indicator that you've read it.

>> No.15500100

>>>/r9k/
>>>/soc/
>>>/adv/

>> No.15500869
File: 6 KB, 250x230, 1548682317083s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15500085
you're asking a group of autists about how to cope with getting rejected because of their thoughts. Most of the people here have most likely never even confronted anyone about them, for they have been too scared to do so. Your best bet is to memorize if the thoughts drill away at you. The other option is just not talking to people about books.

.t autist