[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 131 KB, 1259x800, foucault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15456548 No.15456548 [Reply] [Original]

Why was he an HIV denialist? Does his philosophy lead to pseudoscientific conspiracy theories?

>> No.15456574

>>15456548
Probably because acknowledging HIV would have required both a change in his behavior and a change in his beliefs.

>> No.15456708

>>15456548
HIV is a weird disease, you should read up on how it first presented. It sounded like something from a conspiracy theory.

>> No.15457274

>>15456708
Go on...

>> No.15457298

>>15457274
He was all about exposing control structures and now suddenly something that controls him pops out.

>> No.15457308
File: 11 KB, 308x163, images[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15456548
His final thesis was examining the interplay of subjectivity and compulsion while being hung in a sex swing in bathhouses getting pozzed by leather daddies. HIV would have required him to accept that his behavior was abhorrent to both nature and the divine and not the subjective perception of his fellow man.

>> No.15457326

He wasn't. He was just pointing out conservatives were using it to stigmatize the gay community

>> No.15457367

>>15457274
A lot of people started getting rare cancers and other rare either non-contagious or contagious but usually non-presenting diseases. Because HIV fucks your immune system it's almost like something like lupus that has no real set set of symptoms, so for the first couple of years of it spreading around in the West doctors were having to tie together a number of low level, weird "outbreaks".

It often gets referred to by certain groups today as "the gay disease", and while there was some narrative to that effect at the time (that God or nature were effectively punishing homosexuality), it may be better thought as a barrier to the free love movement. You have a bunch of people trying to moralize about casual sex, then you have this made up sounding disease that allegedly punishes people and is like a bogeyman to make people afraid of it... I mean consider how many people now think covid might be made up or exaggerated, and that's a relatively straightforward illness by comprison.

>> No.15457375

Read up on HIV retards. I thought Foucault was retarded but HIV is the shadiest virus that has ever existed.

HIV has never been isolated

HIV has never been observed through a microscope.

>> No.15457393

>>15457367
>I mean consider how many people now think covid might be made up or exaggerated
>"think"
you know, you can simply look up the numbers and realize that it's been in fact, wildly exagerated. What are you? 3? Can't you count to ten and compare two numbers together? Like quarantined vs non quarantined countries for instance, or infectious diseases mortality rates in 2018, 2019 etc.. Love how we go from i fucken love science propaganda to 95% of the western educated world being incapable of comparing two fucking numbers lol

>> No.15457401

>>15457367
"free love" was not without consequences before HIV

>> No.15457411

>>15457393
I have compared the numbers. The excess deaths in my country are much higher than the COVID deaths, so if anything it's undercounted.

>> No.15457412

>>15457393
Case in point.

>>15457401
True, but to have suddenly around 1980 that you might catch an innumerable amount of rare diseases (effectively) from casual sex would sound suspect. It's also worth bearing in mind that the first time HIV was claimed in '81, Foucault died of AIDS in '84, he'd have been one of the very first people in Europe to catch it.

>> No.15457430

there is no material evidence for the HI “”virus””
AIDS is an extreme comorbidity of maladies related to the sadistic coprophiliac practices of homosexuals

>> No.15457441

>>15457430
It's one of the most well researched viruses there is.

>> No.15457447

>>15457441
that’s like saying Pluto is one of the most well-researched planets there is

>> No.15457453

HIV has never been observed.

HIV has never been isolated.

There is no evidence that 'HIV' is a sexually transmitted retrovirus.

HIV particles have never been demonstrated by electron microscopy in the blood stream of AIDS patients allegedly presenting with high 'viral load'

Alleged HIV isolations have been reported, based on the identification of molecular 'markers'. These markers are of physical, biological or genetic nature. Their HIV specificity could never be rigorously demonstrated because such demonstration would have necessitated HIV purification that has never been achieved

To date: no electron-micrograph image exists of isolated/purified densely packed 'HIV' particles recovered directly from fresh samples of any bodily fluid. The key fact to remember is that cell-free infectious 'HIV' viral particles have never, repeat never, been recovered directly from fresh donor semen, a blood sample or any other bodily fluid.

>> No.15457457

>>15457411
>trust me, I did the numbers
lol try harder, paranoid faggot. no one cares about your fucking grandma dying of the flu in a nursing home.
comparing HIV outbreak to COVID is misleading— we know how COVID spreads and what it fucking is

>> No.15457461

>>15457274
Anthony fauci was the same misinfo agent

>> No.15457463

>>15457453
What causes it then

>> No.15457464

>>15457430
>AIDS is an extreme comorbidity of maladies related to the sadistic coprophiliac practices of homosexuals
Then why are most of the worldwide deaths straight people?

>> No.15457465

>>15456574
fpbp

>> No.15457480

>>15457457
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/26/uks-covid-19-death-toll-rises-60000/
>60,000 excess deaths
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
>37,000 Covid deaths
How does this show overreporting of Covid deaths? You told me to compare numbers you faggot and it seems like they add up to me.
I even agree that the lockdown has been an overreaction but the death toll isn't exaggerated, I dunno about other countries.
Not everything is a conspiracy.

>> No.15457499

>>15457480
your lists of COVID deaths are reported by politically motivated, non-physicians calling any vaguely UR comorbidity a COVID death. it’s fucking embarassing you can’t even see that and only refer back to muh numbers

>> No.15457514

>>15457499
I'm talking about excess deaths now you sperg. The raw count of everyone dying is 60,000 more than usual. What is killing them if not Covid?
Yes i'm referring to muh numbers faggot what else do you want me to look at? Anecdotes?

>> No.15457544

>>15457514
>What is killing them if not Covid?
>you mean geriatrics and people with serious preexisting respiratory conditions die during flu season??? WHAAAAT?!?!
srsly: the numbers are an illusion anon. pls stop letting yourself be intellectually handicapped

>> No.15457548

>>15457463
The wrath of God

>> No.15457564

>>15457544
Spring is usually when deaths are down, fuckface, we're well out of flu season yet they're 60,000 higher than the five year rolling average than would have died by now usually, pray tell me why they picked 2020 of all years to die this much more than normal in such a coordinated fashion?

>> No.15457568
File: 598 KB, 1919x1275, HIV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HIV denialism was always a weird conspiracy theory to me, because the people who deny it have no fucking reason to.

It's patently obvious that it's real (pic related, scanning electron micrograph image, the green blobbies are blobs of HIV) to anyone with a brain, so the obvious reason to deny its existence is because it fits some narrative. But if you're a Lefty, you have no reason to deny it as that would mean that The State is trying to fuck you over for being gay, which just isn't the case. At all. The State is run by people who WANT gay, lots of it, so why would they spread whatever is actually causing the so-called-HIV? If you're a Righty, you have no reason to deny it because it's a fucking disease spread by sexual degeneracy and immorality, so why wouldn't you believe that to be the case? What's causing the symptoms of the so-called-HIV that is spread by sexual degeneracy and immorality if not a disease?

The only people who could possibly make HIV denialism make sense are Niggers in Africa, but then what's causing the so-called-HIV symptoms sent by The White Man if not... a virus?

>> No.15457605

>>15457564
>why they picked
This is what I’m talking about— you are now ascribing notice to a disease because your numbers aren’t making your comfortable enough. The factors are unquantifiable— it’s killing more people because what the fuck else would a disease do? and further what the fuck are high risk people supposed to do but die?
your shock over numbers and averages is distracting you from the incredibly mundane reality of even the ‘deaths.’ the numbers are giving you a completely misinformed picture, and to remedy the misinformation you gather more numbers. sad, desu

>> No.15457622

>>15457605
You made the assertion here >>15457393 that it's all exaggerated and we should compare the numbers, so I did and I found it was not exaggerated, now you castigate me for comparing numbers?

>> No.15457633

>>15457447
HIV would pretty much be the Earth in that comparison though.

>> No.15457642

>>15457622
That post(>>15457393) is not me— but fair enough I get he confusion, I hijacked another convo

I’m simply saying that your breakdown of “the numbers” to address accuracy and sincerity ( the “non conspiracy”ness of it) is imminently unsound as the numbers are the very means of misinformation. ANY breakdown of them without first acknowledging the degree to which they are reported with bad intentions is false.

>> No.15457646

>>15457568
>HIV denialism was always a weird conspiracy theory to me
Now it is, in the early 80s though.

>> No.15457655

>>15457568
I feel like a lot of conspiracy theories are just people looking for entertainment so they'll pick anything as a target. Definitely the case with people like Joe Rogan/Eddie Bravo. They should use their thirst for knowledge and interesting imagination for something else.
There's also those who think believing the opposite of the official narrative on every issue makes them freethinkers.

>> No.15457668

>>15457655
>There's also those who think believing the opposite of the official narrative on every issue makes them freethinkers.
/pol/ disease

>> No.15457693

>>15457568
HIV """denialism""" is literally spread by the man who got the nobel prize for the discovery of HIV lol.

>scanning electron micrograph image, the green blobbies are blobs of HIV)
Peak dishonesty. "Alleged HIV isolations have been reported, based on the identification of molecular 'markers'. These markers are of physical, biological or genetic nature. Their HIV specificity could never be rigorously demonstrated because such demonstration would have necessitated HIV purification that has never been achieved" These 'green blobbies' have never been proven to be HIV since they have not been isolated and observed.
Why is it that HIV does not require the same level of empirical proofs as the entire field of virology does?

>> No.15457705

>>15457642
Ah I see. Then to that I would say manufacturing the numbers of total deaths would be quite hard to do as it would require a lot of people in on the conspiracy as it's reported region by region. And then i've got to ask what these bad intentions are? Other than just more social control for the government I guess, which they aren't really taking advantage of if so. What do you think these intentions are?

>> No.15457731

>>15457668
It's quite hilarious how they can demand endless proof of established things while painting themselves as skeptics and then they turn around and believe every theory under the sun over a grainy photo or a cherrypicked study.

>> No.15457735

>>15457705
Okay, one, as per the deaths in general, I return to the point about the health of said decedents— the same groups that are high risk for COVID are (not exaggerating here) high risk for dying of unhealing bed sores in their asscrack. I would question whether anything that would kill them was entirely or even largely responsible considering the poor health. Honestly seems to me more of a problem with western society keep octogenarians in containment centers until they rot away, only half sane. Maybe that’s not a good idea in general, but I digress, I hope you see my point...

as for intentions it’s nothing too complex: fear sells, when it comes to news media. I don’t buy into CNN and BBC being servants of the NWO or anything— but i know this whole thing is keeping people watching their networks.

>> No.15457780

>>15457693
You're gonna have to cite your source, because that pic is literally of the viruses (albeit clumped together) as they're doing their thing. Y'know, the whole "produced by the cell" bit. Source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3773172/

Coincidentally, this paper also discusses the "purification" of the virus (this term has no meaning in virology so I'm not sure what you're getting at here; the virus has been isolated from other living systems, however, numerous times).

>> No.15457813

>>15457735
Eh, if it were a financial incentive then they're fucked themselves because we're going to go through the worst global recession since, you know, the worst one, and they're going to feel it too. I do agree that people are far too afraid of death and glued to their phones over this, when this would be a footnote pandemic in the 20th century lmao. People need to use this time as an opportunity.
My contention was over the idea of a big conspiracy by every hospital in the country (and every country in the world) to overreport Covid deaths for... some evil reason or something. I guess time will tell what the actual count is.

>> No.15457891

>>15457693
>HIV """denialism""" is literally spread by the man who got the nobel prize for the discovery of HIV lol.
Neither Luc Montagnier nor Francoise Barre-Sinoussi deny the HIV virus exists as you're doing, given that they, y'know, discovered it and provided evidence of its existence. Luc Montagnier fully believes it causes HIV/AIDS, he holds some really fucking whacky beliefs about how it can be cured (alongside some weird stuff about teleporting DNA and radiowaves, but those don't really impact HIV/AIDS), however, but he doesn't deny the virus exists.

Source: http://denyingaids.blogspot.com/2009/12/does-luc-montagnier-make-case-for-aids.html
(inb4 hurf durf blog, he links to the testimony where Luc Montagnier outright dismisses the idea that the HIV virus does not exist, or that AIDS is not caused by HIV).

>> No.15457970

>>15457780
>>15457891
Fucking bodied him lmao.

>> No.15458030
File: 67 KB, 602x452, main-qimg-a6107b494386a512982d985493e6e077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15457375
I'm sorry, what?

>> No.15458047

>>15457780
fellow STEMfag here, I would imagine by "purification" of the virus they're talking about some unit operation, like protein precipitation, centrifugation, flash chromatography etc. that increases the effective virus count in their isolate.

>> No.15458135

>>15458030
Source this because my claims are literal copy and pasted from the BMJ, in which they say explicitly that " HIV particles have never been demonstrated by electron microscopy in the blood stream of AIDS patients allegedly presenting with high ' viral load ' "

>> No.15458158

>>15457970
>>15457891
? I have never said anywhere that HIV doesn't exist, simply that it has never been observed or isolated. You're going to have trouble 'bodying' me over these claims since it's fact, and the entire scientific community "agree" over this simple fact: HIV has never been isolated and observed.

>> No.15458229

>>15458135
From Nature: (Picture is from 1983)

In 1983, Luc Montagnier’s team at the Pasteur Institute in Paris discovered HIV‑1. Using the established techniques, they cultured T cells from a lymph node biopsy from a 33-year-old homosexual French patient with symptoms that can precede AIDS (subsequently called pre-AIDS), such as lymphadenopathy. Reverse transcriptase activity in the supernatant of this culture and the morphology of virions showed that they had isolated a retrovirus. They were able to infect T cells from a healthy donor, but attempts to infect other cell types, including B cells and fibroblasts, failed. The group concluded that this patient at risk for AIDS was infected with a T cell–tropic retrovirus, but an association with AIDS remained tentative at this point. In 2008, Luc Montagnier and Françoise Barré-Sinoussi from his team were awarded the Nobel Prize for the isolation and characterization of HIV-1.

>> No.15458271

Can't believe we have HIV deniers

But then again considering some threads that pop up and are forced all the time, it makes all the sense

>> No.15458477

>>15457464
africans being raped

>> No.15458609

>>15457367
Kaposi sarcoma is some crazy shit.
FSGS too.

>> No.15458711

>>15458135
You're citing nothing more than a comment on the BMJ website:
https://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/10/30/hivaids-power-statistical-propaganda-over-reality
That's a BMJ rapid response.
>Rapid responses are electronic comments to the editor. They enable our users to debate issues raised in articles published on bmj.com. A rapid response is first posted online. ... Rapid responses are not indexed in PubMed and they are not journal articles. The BMJ reserves the right to remove responses which are being wilfully misrepresented as published articles.
https://www.bmj.com/content/327/7429/1424/rapid-responses

The author is a "Alexander H Russell" who is a "Writer/artist", not anyone in medicine or the life sciences. You clearly didn't realise you're an idiot, but you're an idiot bro.

>> No.15458756

Foucault lived his whole life being suicidal. When he was a teenager he cut his wrists and was put in a mental hospital for a while. In Nazi-occupied France he frequented underground gay bars knowing full well he would be executed or at least be imprisoned for the offense. As a young adult starting out in academia, his temperament improved from his teenage gloominess, but he still indulged in dangerous behaviors like driving his sports car at high speeds over winding roads while teaching in Sweden. Then, of course, you have his infamous promiscuity which found its calling in S&M once Foucault was exposed to it in San Fransisco. His friends became concerned for his safety once news of the virus popped up, but Foucault refused to change his practices. While he believed that the virus was real, he thought it was deliberately overstated by the press and government. Nonetheless, he accepted the risk and continued to frequent gay bathhouses even when attendance was way down because of widespread fear of the virus. He became sick and worried that he had caught it, but when he visited the doctor they deliberately lied to him for fear that he would use his status as a public intellectual to criticize the hospital for legitimizing the virus (it still being in debate whether or not it really existed).

Was Foucault a fool to act this way? Was he mentally ill? You could easily argue one or the other in elaboration of the premise that life is best lived in peace and longevity. But if one accepts that transgression brings a creative force to upending stale systems of thought, his behaviors form a cohesive striving. Foucault was a degenerate, but he knew what he was doing.

>> No.15458767

>>15457464
bisexuals who introduced their poopcovered dicks into vaginas.

>> No.15458935

>>15458756
>>15458756
wait so the hospital LIED to him and told him he was fine? lmao that has to be at the very least serious malpractice

>> No.15458977

>>15457655
>There's also those who think believing the opposite of the official narrative on every issue makes them freethinkers.

it does

>> No.15459528

>>15458756
>but he knew what he was doing.
Not necessarily.
That sort of life-long self-destructive streak hardly seems like a conscious decision and more like a compulsive habit stemming from early trauma. I'd know since I had one myself.

>> No.15459548

>>15458271
But Foucault himself was an HIV denier. Are you saying he was an racist /pol/tard?

>> No.15459663

>>15457308
based. he is burning in hell

>> No.15459680
File: 27 KB, 940x940, iu[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

can i get HIV from sharing a squat plug?

>> No.15460037

>>15459680
This isn't funny.

>> No.15460195

>>15456548
HIV? You must mean G.R.I.D.S