[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 14 KB, 181x279, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15455118 No.15455118 [Reply] [Original]

is G. Edward Griffin right. If i eat apricot seeds will it prevent cancer? What do you think?

>> No.15455122

>>15455118
Cancer is a spiritual disease as much as it a medical one. So do not worship an idol and become Christian and it will not be an obstacle to you.

>> No.15455201

Just eat raw meat, our natural diet, and you will never get cancer.

>> No.15455241

It's possible it will hinder it, but I doubt it would make you immune.

>> No.15455340

>>15455118
no. this is a quack cure that is ineffective. furthermore, apricot seeds contain a compound that can cause cynanide poisoning.
a good diet containing sensible amounts of fruits and vegetables may help in preventing some lifestyle cancers. but apricot kernels will not help.

>>15455122
>>15455201
>>15455241
you are idiots

>> No.15455371

The most concise way of eradicating cancer from the world is by concentrating it all on /lit/

>> No.15455503

>>15455340
I simply said it is possible. I haven't looked into it.

>> No.15455505

Biologically speaking, that is impossible, since mutations occurring in cells is intrinsic to them.

>> No.15455510

>>15455340
Is a wolf an idiot for eating raw meat? Or any animal for that matter?

>> No.15455514

>>15455340
cyanide kills the cancer doofus

>> No.15455576

>>15455503
if you haven't looked into it, you are no more qualified to say it is possible than e.g. a slug

>>15455510
no. but humans are not wolves. we have different digestive systems. we cannot survive entirely on a diet of meat that does not contain the nutrients we need.

>>15455514
and also the person who has the cancer. doofus.

>> No.15455608

>>15455576
>if you haven't looked into it, you are no more qualified to say it is possible than e.g. a slug
Go read what I said again. It is possible, but I do not think it will make one immune. Cancer is a very complicated disease. There are numerous factors to take into account. The therapies we currently use to fight cancer have severe side effects. If you are knowledgeable of the science then provide something. Is there a study on apricot seeds or vitamin b17? If someone wrote a whole book on it then I imagine there's at least one or two scientific studies on it.

>> No.15455625

>>15455505
Fucking cells
Fuck incels too

>> No.15455666

>>15455608
>Cancer is a very complicated disease
there are many different kinds of cancer with different treatments. you are right, it is complicated, and some of the treatments have severe side effects. this is not something that medical experts take lightly. if there were a simple treatment for cancer, it would be eradicated by now.
many quack cures for cancer have been proposed. massive doses of vitamin C, asparagus, apricot kernels, etc etc. there are people online who claim to have "beaten cancer" using these things. in fact most of them have used these things in conjunction with conventional treatment.
we should distinguish between "prevention" and "cure". some of the things occasionally proposed as "cures" e.g. a healthy diet could actually be useful as "preventions". however apricot kernels are neither.
>Is there a study on apricot seeds or vitamin b17?
you could have easily found this for yourself
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6513327
in addition, there are many news stories about the dangers of eating apricot kernels. the wikipedia article about apricot kernels lists several. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apricot_kernel

>> No.15455713

>>15455666
>if there were a simple treatment for cancer, it would be eradicated by now.
Don't be so sure of this. The man who invented hand washing was mocked and persecuted by the scientific community. Scientists are human beings with biases too.

>you could have easily found this for yourself
>www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6513327
>in addition, there are many news stories about the dangers of eating apricot kernels. the wikipedia rticle about apricot kernels lists several. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apricot_kernel
I'm not going to look too deeply into this, but just glancing at it, it seems valid.

>> No.15456045

There really was a drug called laetrile that was used as an "alternative" to chemotherapy in the '70s. What Eustace Mullins doesn't mention is that it was toxic. It was produced from apricot stones (which you may remember being warned not to eat as a child) and was metabolized into cyanide. It remained popular because there was no real wonder drug for cancer, conventional or not, and because it didn't have as many side effects as conventional chemo (it just killed you outright if you took too much).

The line between legitimate cancer drugs and snake oil is blurry. Some chemotherapy drugs are produced from natural sources. And some chemo drugs are essentially just poisons that only kill tumors because they have fewer cells to spare (you hope). It's like burning your house down to get rid of termites, and then living in your garage while you rebuild.

>> No.15456078

>>15455118

I hate the war on cancer, we're literally meant to fucking get it.

>> No.15456339

>>15455118
Any discussion of cancer or health in a Liberal society must be a battle of capital-driven credentialist narratives.

>> No.15456438
File: 86 KB, 430x441, 1536785125832.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cancer bad

>> No.15456484

>>15455713
>The man who invented hand washing was mocked and persecuted by the scientific community.
if you're referring to joseph lister (pioneer of antibiotics), yes that is true, doctors of the time initially rejected his ideas. but over time sense prevailed. but that was 150 years ago and many things have changed since then.
>Scientists are human beings
this is why it is easy to dismiss all the claims of quacks, homeopaths and peddlers of snake oil like laetrile. scientists have families, including people who suffer from cancer. if the cure was simple, they would use it themselves and for their families. instead we see that even the rich and powerful can fall victim and remain incurable. if a billionaire like steve jobs, who could afford all the apricot kernels in the world if he wanted to, can suffer and die from cancer, that shows that the cure is not simple.
of course, it is true that some rich people and medical people (who should know better) who have cancer have tried such cures. i read somewhere that ronald reagan tried some "alternative" treatments for one of his cancers- he was a rich man and wanted to do whatever he could to get rid of his cancers. in reality surgery got rid of it. people who are desperate will try pretty much anything.

>> No.15456523

>>15455118

Do you have cancer history on your family, OP? It is natural to be a bit desperate and fall into such things.