[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 57 KB, 288x443, igna.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1545326 No.1545326 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone ever read?
Favorite character?

>> No.1545331

I read about half of it before putting it down for schoolwork some years ago. I was fond of the mother.
I've rumors of a possible movie for years...first with Bill Murray then with John C. Reilly.

>> No.1545341

The book could've been way shorter. Ignatius' story is kind of nice, and the character is funny. Actually the characters are probably the best thing out of the book, despite being caricatural. But really, it's too long for what it is and I was bored by the chapters where Ignatius wasn't there. Wouldn't be tht popular if the guy hadn't killed himself

>> No.1545375

>>1545341
I wouldn't had been published if he hadn't done that. That's 100% true.

But to me it's a great book. I think I can understand your feeling that it is too long, but I just didn0t feel it that way.

And favourite character? Maybe the gay dudes, their simplicity made them shine a lot in that sea of horrible characters.

>> No.1545380

Currently reading. Jones has to be my favorite

>> No.1545381

john kennedy toole looked a lot like a young andy richter

>> No.1545424

Story of my life. The Myra-Ignatius relationship is eerily familiar.

Needs editing. (The whole party thing with Dorian Greene in the last third was dull, but maybe that's modern sensibilities unfazed by homosexuality.) NOTE TO AUTHORS: REVISE BEFORE YOU OFF YOURSELF

Other than Ignatius, Jones has some of the best lines. Everytime I ride a bus I think of the scene where he's imagining that all the white women think he's going to rape them. And I'm not even black.

>> No.1545428

>>1545326
Why does John Candy appear on every cover of this book?