[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 200 KB, 1134x1600, Osama-bin-Laden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15347225 No.15347225 [Reply] [Original]

I once had a book of speeches spoken by, for lack of a better term, bad guys. Terrorists, dictators, traitors, criminals, etc. I remember it featured some of the Nazi higher ups, Bin Laden, and some communist revolutionaries. I lent the book out and never got it back, and I can't recall the title to buy another copy. Does anyone know of anything like this? A quick amazon search yields nothing. I remember it was rather short, maybe 140 pages long, and not terribly expensive. Anything else you could recommend in this vein?

>> No.15347289

Zen at War.
It's about Buddhist support for the Japanese war effort during WW2

>> No.15347945

pls /lit/

>> No.15348175
File: 78 KB, 850x400, Osama Bin Laden 2a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know about bad guys, the name of the book for him is Messages to the World

From the Letter to America in it

from his letter to America

>The first thing that we are calling you to is Islam.

>We call you to be a people of manners, principles, honour, and purity; to reject the immoral acts of fornication, homosexuality, intoxicants, gambling, and trading with interest.

>You are the nation that permits Usury, which has been forbidden by all the religions. Yet you build your economy and investments on Usury. As a result of this, in all its different forms and guises, the Jews have taken control of your economy, through which they have then taken control of your media, and now control all aspects of your life making you their servants and achieving their aims at your expense

>You are a nation that permits acts of immorality, and you consider them to be pillars of personal freedom.

>You are a nation that permits gambling in its all forms. The companies practice this as well, resulting in the investments becoming active and the criminals becoming rich.

>You are a nation that exploits women like consumer products or advertising tools calling upon customers to purchase them. You use women to serve passengers, visitors, and strangers to increase your profit margins. You then rant that you support the liberation of women.

>You have destroyed nature with your industrial waste and gases more than any other nation in history. Despite this, you refuse to sign the Kyoto agreement so that you can secure the profit of your greedy companies and industries.

>> No.15348196
File: 103 KB, 1200x900, osama-bin-laden_640x480_getty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15348175
On the Invasion of Iraq

>America insisted on attacking entire peoples, including their children, their women, and their elderly. It is now clear that it is Israel that is behind all the attacks on states in the Islamic world. However, for fear that great popular movements will rise up and topple them, these collaborator regimes [he singles out Saud especially] have conspired to save their own skin, regardless of their duties to Islam and Muslims. The feelings of these people were desensitized as much as America wanted, so the Jews were able to employ American and British Christians to do the job of attacking Iraq. America claims that it is bringing Iraq to account and to justice, but the fact is that the Israeli authority and the Jewish authority, which has become powerful inside the White House, as everyone can see—the Defence Minister is Jewish, the Secretary of State is Jewish, the CIA and National Security officials are Jewish, all the biggest officials are Jews—led the Christians to clip the wings of the Islamic world. Their real target is not Saddam Hussein but the growing power of the Arab and Islamic world, even if they struck the Iraqi people or—as they previously alleged in the sanctions against Libya—because they had a chemical weapons factory, or when they bombed the al-Shifa factory in Sudan, which was a pharmaceutical factory

>> No.15348206
File: 424 KB, 720x1144, obl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15348196
His interview in 1997 after condemning the House of Saud as degenerate and leaving the country

>PA: Your family is a rich powerful family in Saudi Arabia. Have they, or the Saudi Arabian government, asked you to stop your activities?

>OBL: They have done that a lot. They have pressured us greatly, especially since a lot of our money is still in the hands of the Saudi ruling family due to the activities of our family and company. They sent my mother, my uncle, and my brothers on almost nine visits to me in Khartoum, asking me to stop and return to Arabia to apologize to King Fahd. I apologized to my family kindly because I know that they were driven by force to come to talk to me. This regime wants to create a problem between me and my family in order to take some measures against them. But, with God's grace, this regime did not get its wish fulfilled. I refused to go back. They [my family] conveyed the Saudi government's message that if I did not go back, they'll freeze all my assets, deprive me of my citizenship, my passport, and my Saudi ID, and distort my picture in the Saudi and foreign media. They think that a Muslim may bargain on his religion. I said to them: do whatever you may wish. It is with God's bounty that we refused to go back. We are living in dignity and honor for which we thank God. It is much better for us to live under a tree here on these mountains than to live in palaces in the land most sacred to God, subjected to the disgrace of not worshipping God even in the most sacred land on earth, where injustice is so widespread. There is no strength except with God.

>> No.15348211
File: 72 KB, 720x251, obl2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15348206
Interviewer
>Some Arab states were most strong in their criticism, like for example the latest speech of the Saudi Interior Minister, who warned against you personally, and warned against the following of your curriculum [nahjikum] and what you say. So do you have a specific strategy for Arab nations? And what is your answer about the latest declaration by the Saudi Interior Minister?

[...]

Bin Laden
>I say to those people who walk behind those rulers, don’t they have hearts? Don’t they have faith [imaan]? How can they declare faith [imaan] while they are helping those fornicating disbelievers [al-kafara al-fajara, fajar is the root of a 4-letter English word that starts with F] against the children of Islam? They help them against our children in Iraq and Palestine.

>> No.15348223
File: 212 KB, 1600x1600, anwar-al-awlaki-c005-klaidman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Brothers and sisters, there is a global culture that is being forced down the throats of everyone on the face of the earth. This global culture is protected and promoted. Thomas Friedman--he is a famous writer in the U.S., he writes for the New York Times--he says, "The hidden hand of the market cannot survive without a hidden fist. McDonald's will never flourish without McDonnell Douglas." The designer of the F-15's. In other words, we're not really dealing with a global culture that is benign or compassionate. This is a culture that gives you no choice. You either accept McDonald's, otherwise McDonnell Douglas will send the F-15's above your head. It's a very intolerant culture that cannot coexist with anything else, it uproots every other culture on the face of the earth, it just cuts the roots of it. And you have here a quote here by Alexander Solzhenitsyn, he's a famous Russian historian-writer, he says, "To destroy a people you must first sever their roots." So it's really a destruction of the people of the earth, because every other culture is being demolished. So this is not a global culture that will coexist with others, it will replace others. And the only ideology that is standing up to this global culture is Islam.

The above quote is from an English khutbah (sermon) by Anwar al-Awlaki, the first in a series on the Life of Muhammad, salla Allahu alayhe

https://www.kalamullah.com/anwar-alawlaki.html

(excerpt is from 27:25)

Droned for supporting al-Qaeda, he was also ridiculously slandered by the FBI who said he solicited prostitutes and was arrested multiple times for it while an imam in San Diego (strange no news organization reported it until years later, considering his mosque was major and he was a national figure). Obviously this character assassination was to discourage Muslims from following him. My favorite khutbah by him is actually Victory (also available there)

>> No.15348236
File: 28 KB, 315x499, 51GASV0RYhL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15347225

>> No.15348253

>>15348236
Good anon.

>> No.15348381

>>15348236
My dude!!! Nice. Thank you.

>> No.15349151

>>15348381
Most of his speeches are about Jews controlling the media and economy and citing that as his motivaton. I wonder if they included only the other ones

>> No.15349185

>>15347225
https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hoxha/works-index.htm

>> No.15349537

another case of hitlerian villification I see.

>> No.15349666

>>15348175
I will add from Bin Laden's "Speech to the American people:"

>All that we have mentioned has made it easy for us to provoke and bait this administration. All that we have to do is send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al-Qaida, in order to make the generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic, and political losses without their achieving for it anything of note other than some benefits for their private companies.
>This is in addition to our having experience in guerilla warfare [inb4 Navy Seal copypasta] and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers, as we, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years, until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat.
>All Praise is due to Allah.
>So we are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah.

This speech, in 2004, is eerie and sobering now that the US has been mired in Afghanistan for 19 years. Bin Laden is dead, good riddance, but his goal--of luring us into a decades-long insurgency--came to fruition in the most heartbreaking way. It is a hard pill to swallow.

>> No.15349701

Wait a second... was Osama actually the based one all along???

>> No.15349822

>>15349701
I don't know about based. Was he at least /lit/?

From Wikipedia:

>Other interests included writing poetry; reading, with the works of Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery and Charles de Gaulle said to be among his favorites...

From two articles in the NYT:

>A copy of “The 9/11 Commission Report” was found in the compound in Abbottabad, as were three reports on Al Qaeda by the Congressional Research Service.

>Some of the books would be familiar to anyone interested in global affairs, such as “Obama’s Wars,” by Bob Woodward; “The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers,” by Paul Kennedy; and “Imperial Hubris,” by Michael Scheuer, the former official who once ran the Central Intelligence Agency’s Bin Laden desk.

>Other titles hinted at a paranoid worldview fostered by conspiracy theory classics such as “Bloodlines of the Illuminati,” by Fritz Springmeier, and “The Secrets of the Federal Reserve,” by Eustace Mullins, a Holocaust denier.

>He also kept scanned copies of Arabic newspapers. His English-language media diet seems to have leaned toward international news — six copies of Foreign Policy magazine were found in the compound — and articles about Al Qaeda, such as one from The Los Angeles Times in 2005, “Is Al Qaeda Just Bush’s Boogeyman?”

>A copy of “The 9/11 Commission Report” was found in the compound in Abbottabad, as were three reports on Al Qaeda by the Congressional Research Service.

>And he was apparently engrossed by France: He had 19 stories, essays and books about the country.

>A copy of the former C.I.A. officer Michael Scheuer’s 2004 book, “Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror,”And there are books by the left-wing writers Greg Palast (“The Best Democracy Money Can Buy”) and Noam Chomsky (“Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance”)

>> No.15349907

>>15348175
>>15348223
>>15349666
There was a whole generation of Jihadists were /lit/. They were mostly of the generation who went to Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion. The new generation of guys like Baghdadi and his lieutenants in ISIS have no interest in anything outside of the Koran.

>> No.15350355

>>15349666
pretty based, how he cites the Navy Seal copypasta

>> No.15350981

>>15349907
That's not a new generation, you're just looking at the less educated ones. I know an ideological jihadist who is very /lit/ and keep in contact with one overseas whom I believe actually is involved in jihad and is very /lit/.

>> No.15350986

>>15350981
Where is he making jihad?

>> No.15351599

>>15350986
in his mind and soul