[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 764x645, apu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15269031 No.15269031 [Reply] [Original]

Recommend me some books on veganism, and why it's /lit/

(besides Savitri Devi)

>> No.15269039

go to ck fag

kys first though

>> No.15269073

Just become a Jain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism

>> No.15269090
File: 357 KB, 1173x1451, Lovely Sillk (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mathieu Ricard's A Plea for the Animals and Ingrid Newkirk's Animalkind are the ones I recommend by far the most - and I'm not vegan.

Both are easy to look up and suss out for yourself if you want to read them or not.

Eating Animals by Foer is pathetically full of horrible arguments in my book, so I'd save your time. You can also get a sense of how sloppy his thinking is by watching like any interview he did for that book. Unfortunately, the book itself only gets worse imo.

>> No.15269188

>>15269090
>Eating Animals

What does he say?

>> No.15269321
File: 630 KB, 2056x1796, Lovely Sillk (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15269188
I admittedly read this only a decade ago, so it's been a while. But he generally just nearly straw mans non-veganism by taking incredibly weak interpretations of what a meat-eater who disagrees with him might say (e.g., in response to his claim that vegans are statistically healthier than non-vegans). From what I remember, he relies really heavily on his personal feelings throughout his life and when having a son. And really seems to cherry-pick his information a lot without doing much robust research - into scientific counterarguments to what he says or to just what proponents / defenders of meat-eating say.

>> No.15269590

The ruling class is laughing at all their slaves who go vegan while they continue to feast on the blood of children. You are a nothing but a piece on the board of a grand depopulation scheme - but don't worry about that - here, have some grain and some water, slave. Don't worry, it's 100% vegan! And the biggest laugh of this tragic comedy is that the vegans posture as being above humans - while they themselves have willingly crawled down to a lower rung in the food chain! Less wolf and more bovine now, yes, and all in the name of morality, The sweet, sweet morality. You're a good little boy, slave. The brain damage helps with the anxiety doesn't it, slave? Yes, see? I told you it tasted just like meat.