[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 337x500, In Memoriam (pbuh).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15261791 No.15261791 [Reply] [Original]

Brothers. I have discovered and understood that consciousness/awareness is without parts and thus non-dual. For one cannot split his awareness into the hating and the loving, into the perceiving and the not perceiving, into the seeing and the blind, into the ignorant and the enlightened. It is all non-dually without parts and thus immaterial. I have finally refuted materialist doctrine with the help of contemplating upon Guénon. I have escaped the spiritual desert...

I sincerely thank all of you who helped me on my path.
Peace and blessings be upon you.

>> No.15261808
File: 8 KB, 190x258, ﷺ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>In the traditional Islamic view, a saint is portrayed as someone "marked by [special] divine favor ... [and] holiness", and who is specifically "chosen by God and endowed with exceptional gifts, such as the ability to work miracles."

Brothers... Someone surely needs to put Our Great Teacher (pbuh) onto this blessed list...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sufi_saints

>> No.15261828
File: 28 KB, 400x542, 1585673235325.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>An objection can be issued against an argument retroactively from the point of reference of that argument. This form of objection – invented by the presocratic philosopher Parmenides – is commonly referred to as a retroactive refutation.

>> No.15262267

bump

>> No.15262348

>>15262267
Based...

>> No.15262370
File: 10 KB, 190x272, 1580573681877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The same trend is noticeable in the scientific realm: research here is for its own sake far more than for the partial and fragmentary results it achieves; here we see an ever more rapid succession of unfounded theories and hypotheses, no sooner set up than crumbling to give way to others that will have an even shorter life— a veritable chaos amid which one would search in vain for anything definitive, unless it be a monstrous accumulation of facts and details incapable of proving or signifying anything. We refer here of course to speculative science, insofar as this still exists; in applied science there are on the contrary undeniable results, and this is easily understandable since these results bear directly on the domain of matter, the only domain in which modern man can boast any real superiority. It is therefore to be expected that discoveries, or rather mechanical and industrial inventions, will go on developing and multiplying more and more rapidly until the end of the present age; and who knows if, given the dangers of destruction they bear in themselves, they will not be one of the chief agents in the ultimate catastrophe, if things reach a point at which this cannot be averted?

>> No.15262379
File: 176 KB, 468x720, 1585853870533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Upon being asked to elaborate, he explained that Guénon would sometimes stand in his balcony overlooking Cairo and stare into the night sky literally for hours. When I inquired from his son as to the precise nature of his spiritual practice, he replied in one word: “contemplation”

>> No.15262387
File: 487 KB, 1080x1080, 1586108156136.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"Contemplation > Action."
> t. René Guénon

>> No.15262396
File: 459 KB, 700x700, 1584856726787.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be that as it may, one has the general impression that, in the present state of things, there is no longer any stability; but while there are some who sense the danger and try to react to it, most of our contemporaries are quite at ease amid this confusion, in which they see a kind of exteriorized image of their own mentality. Indeed there is an exact correspondence between a world where everything seems to be in a state of mere ‘becoming’, leaving no place for the changeless and the permanent, and the state of mind of men who find all reality in this ‘becoming’, thus implicitly denying true knowledge as well as the object of that knowledge, namely transcendent and universal principles. One can go even further and say that it amounts to the negation of all real knowledge whatsoever, even of a relative order, since, as we have shown above, the relative is unintelligible and impossible without the absolute, the contingent without the necessary, change without the unchanging, and multiplicity without unity; ‘relativism’ is self-contradictory, for, in seeking to reduce everything to change, one logically arrives at a denial of the very existence of change; this was fundamentally the meaning of the famous arguments of Zeno of Elea.

>> No.15262404
File: 32 KB, 190x259, 1585925509905.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Based presupposes non-based or the "pure" cringe. But the cringe is infact a here-now cringe, therefore based is not. The based being set out and against the cringe, receives its content prehensively -- that is recursively or better yet: Retroactively. Thus, the based is nothing other than the transcendental cringe. The Non-Dual is consciousness in and for itself Beyond-Based-and-Cringe.

>> No.15262417
File: 40 KB, 380x654, 17ef6ac6da90cf9a123f314f6843c96b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>One has the impression that Guénon must have himself had an intellectual illumination at quite an early age. He must have perceived directly spiritual truths with the intellect in the true sense. He fills in gaps by explaining the meaning of rites, the meaning of symbols, the hierarchy of the worlds. In modern education the next world is left out altogether whereas in the Middle Ages students were taught about the hierarchy of the faculties and correspondingly the hierarchy of the universe. Now I must for the moment speak on a rather personal level, but perhaps it may not be without interest. When I read the books of Guénon in the early thirties it was as if I had been struck by lightning and realized that this was the truth. I had never seen the truth before set down as in this message of Guénon's that there were many religions and that they must all be treated with reverence; they were different because they were for different people. It made sense and it also was at the same time to the glory of God because a person with even a reasonable intelligence when taught what we were taught at school would inevitably ask, well what about the rest of the world? Why were things managed in this way? Why was the truth given first of all to only the Jews, one people only? And then Christianity was ordered to spread over the world, but why so late? What about previous ages? These questions were never answered, but when I read Guénon I knew that what he said was the truth and I knew that I must do something about it.

>> No.15262426
File: 261 KB, 1200x750, masses lead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Those who might be tempted to give way to despair should realize that nothing accomplished in this order can ever be lost, that confusion, error and darkness can win the day only apparently and in a purely ephemeral way, that all partial and transitory disequilibrium must perforce contribute towards the greater equilibrium of the whole, and that nothing can ultimately prevail against the power of truth.

>> No.15262437
File: 439 KB, 1005x389, gueno.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Concerning non-vocal music, by which I mean one involving any use of pitched musical instruments, it is humbly and with all deference my opinion that all such activities should be abandoned in favour of purely vocal chants handed down through the oral tradition. It is more than likely that if a free reign of music was permitted in a society displaying even a slight state of decadence, there would remain very few musicians who display a true understanding of the traditional order and the purpose of music within it, which is a role purely subordinate to that of the traditional institutions; instead, as in the case of Europe, we might face ourselves with certain groups infiltrating the musical tradition and subverting it from within. Certainly, the historical record would bear this out. The events of the past few decades with the emergence of the most vile and repulsive 'composers' such as Erik Satie and Erwin Schulhoff offer the perfect example.

>> No.15262446
File: 31 KB, 371x266, 1575257084778.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The memorial garden will be as similar to Guénon's own in character and location as possible. It will contain trees, fountains, streams, pond, hills, bird sightings, furniture, and an exhibit/exhibit space to showcase its contents. It will serve to celebrate and preserve Guénon's profound life, both personal and cosmic. The memorial garden will be unveiled on August 12, 2020.

>> No.15262452
File: 232 KB, 702x869, 1581654026965.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>When I arrived in Cairo a few weeks later, I arrived, not alone, but accompanied by my brother. We had been told not to tread on the graves of the dead because it would be unwise. As we drove through the city we passed three large white marble coffins that had been placed on top of one another; upon closer examination, we discovered they were all, as far as we could tell, separate individuals.

>> No.15262718

Basedness... So based..