[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 24 KB, 400x400, burger king confused.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1524679 No.1524679 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/.

I'm looking to enter college within a year or so (I'm a few years late in continuing my education.) I'm planning on entering my local college to obtain my Diploma in Writing and Publishing.

I've heard on /r9k/, /lit/, /adv/ etc that those who enter their education for writing walk away empty handed. How much of that statement is true? I am extremely stressed out about commuting myself to this course and my sorry lack of funds doesn't help matters.

I've always enjoyed writing and since childhood I have maintained that my future would be spent with it as the centre of my life.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or comments /lit/ has on that diploma or it's application into the work force / continuing educations.

This is the link to the full course description:
http://webapps-1.okanagan.bc.ca/ok/calendar/calendar.aspx?page=WritingAndPublishingDiploma

Thank you in advance.
Anon.

>> No.1524685

I am in my Freshman year, planning on going until I get my PhD in English. What am I going to do with that? I don't know, but I don't care because that's all I can see myself doing anyway.

>> No.1524701

>>1524685
That seems to mirror my attitude as well.

>> No.1524726
File: 3 KB, 203x212, 1254726317517.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One bump before I leave for work (where I'll check it as soon I start 'paperwork')