[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 393 KB, 768x768, 1518299631811.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15245393 No.15245393 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/

(...) but those discussions of philosophy that take place on /lit/ should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

Check the wiki, the catalog, and the archive before asking for advice or recommendations, and please refrain from starting new threads for questions that can be answered by a search engine.

/lit/ is a slow board! Please take the time to read what others have written, and try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own. Bump replies are not necessary.

Threads on this site at the time of making this post:

>wake up at 4 AM, read 100 pages then beat up your neighbor.
>r/lit: itt: write like we're on reddit
>Age: Is there an age when you get too old to browse image boards?
>Thoughts?
>/stillalive/ thread: Still alive
>I am Tweeted.
>Is amerikkka the worst nation in the world?
>Rate my Stack: Rate it!
>Literature that’s post-literature?
>Mussolini's Intellectuals: dear /lit/, you told me that fascists are dumb and have no sound theory. why did you lie to me? and why do you use "fascist" in a such broad sense, instead of only using it to refer to Italians?
>you're in the club and this guy slaps your gf's ass then tells you he can't be held accountable because there's no free will, wyd?
>kantfags btfo
>Light novels are literature
>ITT: Authors who wrote very embarrassing books about something they know nothing about.
>he starts his short stories by describing the weather
>Have you taken the dogpill, bruthas?
>.
>Books to btfo christcucks?
>Entire areas of philosophy made irrelevant by state of the art science.
>Did they actually fuck kids?
>we live in the best of the possible worlds
>fuck translations
>books for this æsthetic?
>is there anyone nearly as based as this man
>What an overwritten piece of shit of a book.
>unless the character is actually said to be white, i always imagine characters to be people of color. am i based?
>Why yes, I do consider audiobooks literature and count them on my Goodreads account, how could you tell?
>Like Zeus to the Greeks, Allah to the Arabs, and Jesus to the Christians, could Gigachad become the supreme god of our generation?
>Which short book should I read next? 1. Death of Ivan Ilych 2. Heart of Darkness 3. The Sorrows of Young Werther
>Books with themes of incest?
>Why write in prose or verse when greentext is the superior writing format?
>This is it. This is finally the year that I become /lit/
>I confess, I actually don't care about reading or being more knowledgeable I just want a bookworm gf
>The grand description of the philosopher in Republic VI, as the spectator of all time and all existence... Lads, why does Plato want to know when I take a shit?

And many more. Why?

>> No.15245406

Elitist lit gatekeepers BTFO

>> No.15245408

>>15245393
because such threads attract posting for clickbaity reasons and we dont really have mods. Your own thread here is basically one of these too, an off topic meta post

>> No.15245409

>>15245393
>And many more. Why?

Because youre a faggot. Seethe harder

>> No.15245413

People are reading Twitter screencaps.

>> No.15245423

Post your last effortpost and effortpost response.

>> No.15245429

Because no matter what I post, someone just has to degrade it.

>> No.15245464

>inb4 retards say hurrrr how is this post any different
we should at least try to make a difference, make the janitors more involved and outright stop responding to threads that have fewer than 10 words
ffs, /sffg/ gets pushed to the bottom of the catalog within two hours tops, how is that considered a slow board

>> No.15245476

>>15245464
>>15245393
If you read the sticky, since you quoted it, you would have read that meta threads, such as this one, are also not supposed to be posted.

>> No.15245496

>>15245476
Hiro has decreed that meta threads are allowed on all boards

>> No.15245504

>>15245393
I’m sorry, how again is the content of this board’s catalog related to literature?

>> No.15245512

>>15245429
Just read and enjoy what you read. You don't need to discuss it online, let alone here of all places.

>> No.15245514

>>15245406
Lol

>> No.15245541

>>15245476
Nowhere is that specified and even if it were - how do you propose we start improving the board?

>> No.15246079

>>15245541
Make the threads you want to make