[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.38 MB, 4668x3228, Osho_HD_062.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15141962 No.15141962 [Reply] [Original]

If you ask Muslims, they will say I have no right to talk on Sufis or on the Koran. Once in a town I was talking about Sufis, and the maulvi of the town approached me and he said, "You have no right. You are not a Mohammedan, you don't know Arabic. How can you talk on the Sufis and on the Koran?"
I said, "The Koran has nothing to do with Arabic. It has something to do with the heart, not with the language."

I have enjoyed thousands of encounters; Jaina, Hindu, Mohammedan, Christian, and I was ready to do anything just to have a good argument.
You will not believe me, but I went through circumcision at the age of twenty-seven, after I was already enlightened, just to enter a Mohammedan Sufi order where they would not allow anybody in who had not been circumcised. I said, "Okay, then do it! This body is going to be destroyed anyway, and you are only cutting off just a little piece of skin. Cut it, but I want to enter the school."

Even they were unable to believe me. I said, "Believe me, I am ready." And when I started arguing they said, "You were so willing to be circumcised and yet you are so unwilling to accept anything we say at all!"

I said, "That's my way. About the nonessential I am always ready to say yes. About the essential I am absolutely adamant, nobody can force me to say yes."

Of course they had to expel me from their so-called Sufi order, but I told them, "Expelling me, you are simply declaring to the world that you are pseudo-Sufis. The only real Sufi is being expelled. In fact, I expel you all."
Bewildered, they looked at each other. But that's the truth. I had gone to their order not to know the truth; I knew that already. Then why had I entered? Just to have good company to argue with.

Argument has been my joy from my very childhood. I will do anything just to have a good argument. But how rare it is to find a really good milieu for argument! I entered the Sufi order-this I am confessing for the first time-and even allowed those fools to circumcise me. They did it by such primitive methods that I had to suffer for at least six months. But I didn't care about that; my whole concern was to know Sufism from within. Alas, I could not find a real Sufi in my life. But that is true not only about the Sufis; I have not found a real Christian either, or a real Hassid

>> No.15141970

>Pooism is the only true religion

>> No.15142027

Can't tell if based or cringe, I must meditate on this through prayer.

>> No.15142085

>>15141962
what a pseud

>> No.15142091
File: 80 KB, 1059x750, pep1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15141962
>I had gone to their order not to know the truth; I knew that already. Then why had I entered? Just to have good company to argue with.
Based Osho was irl shitposter

>> No.15142153

Who's that Hindu in that pic?

>> No.15142155
File: 80 KB, 800x520, urs-of-madhoo-lal-hussain-1427578100-2376.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15141962
>I could not find a real Sufi
what a giant fucking larping pseud desu. he didn't even knew where to look for them.
i know what type of sufis he is talking about.

>https://youtu.be/GFTOZQsNyi4

this video related is an example of "real sufis" who mix advaita vedanta and islam. you can easily find these type of hindu/buddhist/yogi influenced sufis in Pakistan(mainly in punjab and sindh provinces).

>> No.15142219

lol