[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 69 KB, 1000x667, 89f70d1bd26f756275d1afdec1c08699.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15057364 No.15057364 [Reply] [Original]

>Anything can happen for some weird reason; yet also, without any reason, nothing at all can happen.

Holy Fuck

>> No.15057447

Intelligence and Spirit is so cool

But cyclonopedia is kinda silly

Curious about chronosis

Been waiting for mortiloquist for years

Are you picking up abducting the outside?

>> No.15057497

>>15057447
Not OP but I’ve been waiting for ATO to be made available for purchase for so fucking long now. I thought it had already been published, but I can’t find a consistent release date for it. What the hell is going on?

>> No.15057630

>>15057447
The description sounds cool but the actual content seems shit. It's like those abstract paintings that are terrible but the little note says all this apparently deep shit is revealed by the painting. Why is this?

>The central thesis of this final chapter is that philosophy is, at its deepest level, a program—a collection of action-principles and practices-or-operations which involve realizabilities, i.e., what can possibly be brought about by a specific category of properties or forms. And that to properly define philosophy and to highlight its significance, we should approach philosophy by first examining its programmatic nature. This means that, rather than starting the inquiry into the nature of philosophy by asking ‘What is philosophy trying to say, what does it really mean, what is its application, does it have any relevance?’, we should ask ‘What sort of program is philosophy, how does it function, what are its operational effects, what realizabilities, specific to which forms, does it elaborate, and finally, as a program, what kinds of experimentation does it involve?’

>> No.15057644

>In an age when philosophy is considered to be at best an antiquated enterprise, and at worst a residue of what is orthodoxly normative, patriarchal, repressive, and complicit with all that is overprivileged and even fascist, what does it mean to rekindle philosophy’s insinuative temptations to think and to act, to galvanize that activity which is at bottom impersonal and communist? I do not wish to refute these misplaced accusations with numerous examples drawn from the ongoing history of science, or by citing examples corroborating the fact that philosophy is not just a Greek phenomenon, but also a truly universal endeavour extending from the pits of the middle east to the remotest regions of Asia and the wide swaths of Africa.

hypercringe