[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 474x349, tumblr_n6bs7jtwpw1tc8a5qo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15029387 No.15029387 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.15029419
File: 1.68 MB, 5118x5322, soh_013-01855sharp_002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"Mind your business. Take care of what you came here for. Find the ‘I’ first and you may afterwards speak of other matters"

"The question ‘Who am I?’ is not really meant to get an answer, the question ‘Who am I?’ is meant to dissolve the questioner"

"How to get rid of the mind? Is it the mind that wants to kill itself? The mind cannot kill itself. So your business is to find the real nature of the mind. Then you will know that there is no mind. When the Self is sought, the mind is nowhere. Abiding in the Self, one need not worry about the mind"

>> No.15029611

based

>> No.15029812

>>15029419
I am enlightened gurru trust me sir! This posing for photographs is just part of me playing out my earthly role my good sir!

>> No.15029828
File: 107 KB, 960x540, 0f17905db22a14f960322a7f815dfac9-imagejpeg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15029812
>I am enlightened gurru trust me sir! This posing for photographs is just part of me playing out my earthly role my good sir!

>> No.15029870

>>15029812
“Sri Ramana Maharshi is a true son of the Indian Earth. He is genuine, authentic and, in addition to that, something quite phenomenal. In India, he is the whitest spot in a white space. What we find in the life and teachings of Sri Ramana is the purest of Bharat [India] with its breath liberating humanity. It is a chant of milleniums, the melody is built upon a single Motif which, in a thousand colorful reflexes, regenerates itself within the Indian spirit and the latest incarnation of which is Ramana Maharshi. The life and teachings of Sri Ramana are not only important for India, but also for Westerners. They form a record of great human interest"....- Carl Jung

>> No.15029903
File: 30 KB, 181x372, 1586113370903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15029870
>Carl Jung
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.15029963

>>15029903
why guenon boiz hate jung also stance on osho?

>> No.15029981
File: 304 KB, 1221x1500, 1586144574283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15029963
>Why
Because he (piss be upon him) is under the reign of quantity...
>osho
OH NO NO NO NO

>> No.15030007

Injrabodi loves ramana maharshi!
>>15026919
>>15026919
>>15026919

daily reminder guenonfag is a confirmed pizzaboy

>> No.15030011
File: 754 KB, 2935x1984, Osho_HD_052.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15029870
>>15029903
Jung had come to India while a great seer was alive, Sri Ramana Maharshi. Many people told him to go and see him, but he didn't go there. He traveled all over India, he went to see the Taj Mahal and Khajuraho, Ajanta and Ellora, but he didn't go to see Ramana Maharshi. Basically he was afraid. The fear was that a man like Ramana can become a mirror; he might see his own face, his own falseness.

But people rationalize everything. He rationalized that he didn't go to see Ramana because the Western mind is extrovert and the Eastern mind is introvert, their approaches are different and it is better not to get them mixed, otherwise one can lose one's path. As if he had some path! Whatsoever he was saying was a simple rationalization for not accepting the truth that he was afraid.

It is always a dangerous thing to encounter the awakened man because immediately you can see where you are.

It is said in Arabian countries that the camel does not like to go near any mountain because he is afraid to be in the close proximity of a mountain - he will have to realize that he is nothing. Perhaps that's why he lives in the desert where he appears to be the most mountainous animal, incomparable.

Jung's fear of going to Ramana Maharshi is also associated with his fear of going to one other place. His whole life he was interested in going to Egypt to see the ancient mummies, the dead bodies which have been preserved for at least four thousand years. Many times he planned and many times he canceled the trip. He was just about to go so many times: his suitcases were ready, he just had to sit in the car and reach the airport, and suddenly he would feel sick, ill, some problem would arise, and he would cancel the trip. Once he even reached the airport and came back home.

Finally he had to look for the real cause why so many times he had been canceling it, and he had to take note of it: that he was afraid of seeing dead bodies, four thousand years old. Maybe he was still a little far away from the truth, but he had been looking in the right direction. He was afraid of death; those dead bodies would remind him of his own death.

These two things are in some way connected. Going to a man like Ramana is passing through the death of the ego because the only way to go to the awakened is to go in deep surrender and trust. It is a death, far deeper than the physical death. He avoided Ramana, and still he went on saying things about the East which are not true because he had never experienced the Eastern depth of mysticism.

You will see in the Mandukya Upanishad how penetrating the vision has been. Psychology is lagging far behind. It has taken a very significant step, but only one step, and the journey is still incomplete; it has much further to go.

>> No.15030038

>>15030011

Once mind is silent, once there is a state of no-mind, being is very sharp and clear. There is no question of either/or, there is no question of choosing; whatever the being does is choiceless. It simply does that which the clarity allows it to do. It is always right. Just as mind is always wrong, being is always right.

But the West has not recognized being. Hence, in the muddy waters of the mind, Sigmund Freud, Carl Gustav Jung, Alfred Adler and their progeny - they are all just making the water more muddy. They have themselves not known that there is something in their innermost core which cannot go mad, which is sanity itself. Existence speaks through it - it is the voice of life itself.

But the psychotherapists are afraid even to discover being. There were chances_. Jung traveled long in India, visiting the Taj Mahal, Khajuraho, Konarak, the caves of Ajanta and Ellora - all beautiful places. And he was told by every person he came across, "Rather than wasting time in visiting these places, you should not miss meeting a man, Raman Maharshi, who lives in South India on the hill Arunachal - it is not far away - because he can give you a glimpse. Perhaps in his presence, just sitting by his side or talking to him, you may have some idea of why the East has never paid any attention to mind, and yet has produced the greatest enlightened people, the sanest people possible, with crystal-clear vision."

Raman Maharshi was one of those people, but Jung never went to him. He was afraid; the very idea that there is something beyond mind was very scary. That means the whole of psychoanalysis is meaningless, and he was not ready to take the risk of meeting such a man. He came back from India without visiting Raman.

Jung's fear is the fear of all psychoanalysts - something beyond the mind makes their whole profession utterly meaningless. And if there is a direct method to reach the being by bypassing the mind, and if the moment you reach the being the mind itself cools down, there is no need of any psychoanalysis. There is no need to convince the insane person that he is wrong. There is no need to go into deep details about his dreams, diaries, and all kinds of nonsense.

>> No.15030043

>>15030038
Meditation is a direct route to being.

It simply bypasses the mind.

And once you are centered in your being, the mind, which was jumping up and down pretending to be your master, suddenly becomes submissive; it immediately falls silent, drops all its noise. And a man of being can use the mind just the way you can use any mechanism. But if the mechanism starts using you, that is an ugly state.

Man should remember that he is the master of his body and of his mind. Certainly the master must be beyond both. And I say it on my own authority: it is so. You can play with psychotherapy and other therapies - they are just games. If you like those games, no harm. They are better than football, but they are no more than games. And they are not going to give you a new life, they are not going to give you an authentic intelligence, a clarity which can see into every problem without any question of either/or.

>> No.15030046

>>15030043
Jung was not a meditator. A great analyst, a great observer of the human mind, a great explorer into myth, into the unconscious, but not a meditator at all. In fact, he avoided all kinds of meditation; deep down he was afraid of meditation. When Jung came to India, Raman Maharshi was alive but he would not go to see him. Many people told him, "You have come to India, you are a searcher into the depths of human beings, and here is a man whom we call Bhagwan. Go to him, otherwise you will miss a buddha. Go and look into him, have a little taste of his air, of the light he lives in. You think about Buddha, you think about Lao Tzu, you think about Christ - why not go to Raman Maharshi?" But he avoided him. He went to see the Taj Mahal, but would not go to see Raman.

My feeling is that if Buddha had been alive, he would not have gone to see even Buddha. Or if Jesus had been alive, he would not have gone to see him. Why? What was the fear? It was a deep fear. He was afraid of the East itself. In the West, he was propounding that the West should not learn Eastern ways such as Yoga, Tantra, Zen. Throughout his whole life he had been propounding that the West should not learn Eastern ways because the Western mind is totally different, the orientation is different. Eastern ideas could disturb the whole Western psyche.

He never meditated and he was very afraid of death. Not only of death, he was even very afraid of a dead body. He wanted to go to Egypt to see the ancient mummies - that was his life-long desire. At least seven times he booked a flight and seven times he canceled it. Once, the last time, he even went to the airport, but he finally came back. He had even become afraid of seeing ancient dead bodies because they reminded him of his own death; they reminded him of what was going to happen to his body. This created great anxiety.

>> No.15030052

>>15030046

Now, this man could read about Zen, could even be convinced of its truth, could even feel intellectually en rapport with it. He could even say "I feel I could have said exactly what Hsu Yun said. 'This is it.'" But Hsu Yun's statement "This is it" is an existential statement, but if Carl Gustav Jung says it, it will be a philosophical statement. It will be like a blind man talking about light.

These are logicians. They are very rational people but not very reasonable. Remember: to be rational does not mean that you are reasonable. A rational person, by the very fact that he is rational, cannot be reasonable, because to be reasonable means to give some space to also being unreasonable. To be reasonable means to accept the paradox of life. To be reasonable means not to ask only for life. Death is also there - accept it. Don't think only of God. The Devil is also there - accept him. Light is there and so is darkness - accept both.

A reasonable man has a great acceptance, a great receptivity. He does not carry any prejudice in his mind; he does not have any presuppositions in his mind. His mind is open, utterly open. A rational man is not so open. He is clever in logic, but logic is a man-made thing. Logic is manufactured by us. Logic is only half of our brain; the other half remains starved.

I am not saying that the other half is meditation, remember. One half is logic, the other half is illogic. When you go beyond both, when you transcend both, there is meditation. Remember: thinking is not meditation, feeling is not meditation. Thinking is half, feeling is half. When thinking and feeling disappear into one unity, you cannot call it either thinking or feeling. It is not; it has transcended both. It is something more than both, something new is born. The whole is not the sum total of its parts. Once the whole is born, the parts disappear into something new, something absolutely new.

>> No.15030060
File: 852 KB, 2322x3444, Osho_HD_026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jung has been in India, where there was a man the like of whom happens only once in a while: Maharshi Raman was alive. And wherever Jung went in India, almost everywhere people suggested to him, "Why are you wasting your time here and there, going to Varanasi and Mumbai? Why don't you go to Maharshi Raman?" People knew that he is a great psychoanalyst, world-famous. "You should go to Maharshi Raman, who has gone beyond the mind. Sitting by his side you may have a few glimpses. You may come away a totally changed person."

But Jung avoided him, he did not go there. On the contrary, back home he started writing against Eastern mysticism. He could not write against mysticism as such because he was himself creating great mysteries - superficial because he was not an initiate in any mystery school. He was gathering things from superficial sources. He had never been in contact with a living master. He had come so close to a buddha, Maharshi Raman, yet he missed. And in self-defense he started writing back home that Eastern mysticism is not meant for the Western mind, as if there are Eastern souls and Western souls. Yes, there is a difference in the skin of the Eastern people and the Western people; it is not much of a difference, just a little color pigment, four annas' worth. And remember, the black person has it more than the white. He is more valuable - four annas more valuable - because he has a certain pigment that makes him black which the white skin is missing.

>> No.15030064

>>15030060
Yes, there is a certain difference in the mind, because the Eastern mind is conditioned in one way and the Western mind is conditioned in a different way. Conditionings are different, but the witness is the same. Jesus and Buddha, Mohammed and Mahavira, are not different. Saint Francis and Ramakrishna, Eckhart and Krishnamurti, are not different. One who has known the witness is neither Eastern nor Western. He is no longer the body and no longer the mind, how can he be Eastern or Western?

Jung started talking this nonsense in self-defense. He said, "That's why I avoided Maharshi Raman, because Eastern methods are not suitable to us. The West needs its own Yoga, the West needs its own meditations." What difference can there be in being aware? Whether you are in the East or in the West, awareness will be the same, and that is the essential core of meditation.

They are great interpreters of dreams; in fact, the whole world of the psychoanalyst is the world of dreams. As far as the enlightened person is concerned, for him the whole world is nothing but a dream. For the psychoanalyst, dreams are his whole world, and for the enlightened person the whole world is nothing but a dream.

The analyst was annoyed with her patient who said she did not dream the night before.

"Look," he warned her, "if you don't do your homework, I can't help you."

Dreaming is a necessity; that is your homework. Do it at home and then come to the psychoanalyst, and he is there with his whole expertise to analyze it.

Enlightenment means going beyond desires and dreams. There is no need to waste your time in analyzing. Just go beyond, put your whole energy in going beyond. And when you go beyond, all dreams disappear on their own accord.