[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 170 KB, 900x1200, 1585561621501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15014795 No.15014795 [Reply] [Original]

Write your expectatives about this board and your reading/writing goal 6 months from now

>> No.15014890

>>15014795
For the board:
>More presidential and COVID-19-related discussions
>Londonfrog is still here occasionally
>Butterfly returns unexpectedly
>Continual higher traffic due to social distancing
>More guenon posts
>The occasional good thread with life-changing reading recs and wisdom, after sifting past the above.

For my reading goals:
>Spending most nights reading myself to sleep, as I recover from burnout from a job I transferred away from, after getting passed over for promotion.
>Reading John Williams's three best books (honestly, I'll be happy if I stick to the system).
>Finding some truth, some way to move my life in a positive way (Stoner pulled me out of disappointment).
>Getting back to reading math to better understand the field.

For my writing goals:
>Maybe writing again. I abandoned it before for a couple of years, had an excellent three years, felt like it was wasted (it's related to the promotion), and I don't want to write anymore.
>It's possible I may not write seriously again for a long, long time. It's associated with too many previously happy memories, now painful and sad.

>> No.15016084

>>15014795

I expect nothing at all from this board, however I think it will likely suggest to me an interesting side book, and if it does, that's nice.

I would like to have read that Presocratics book in six months' time and whatever other random short books I choose.

I would like to have made a few hundred constructive Wikipedia edits, and to have corresponded with my parents via e-mail as we stay away from each other these days.