[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 500x441, SaltShaker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1499342 No.1499342 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/ was wondering if you could help me remember the title of a story, it may have been a novella.

It involves Earth at war with Aliens, who come to earth for negotiations which are going unwell as they cannot communicate with each other. Some of the aliens are living across from a military area, The woman from one of these military families goes to the other side with her children and befriends the aliens there. She soon discovers that the Aliens need saltwater to survive and reproduce

>> No.1499392

i dun get it

does this done mean the wimmun and chillun be dead?

>> No.1499401

Uh I'm guessing this was either by Vonnegut or Asimov but I got no other leads, my man.

>> No.1499493

>>1499401
or maybe Arthur C. Clarke

>> No.1499531

>>1499392

I only vaguely remember these points about it but I've been busting a nut trying to find this story again. A teacher of mine was reading this story for a few of us on one of our chill days, I was quite heavily medicated and really enjoying the story.

Apologies if my words don't make much sense, I lost my glasses and cbf writing properly.