[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 45 KB, 789x460, zizek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14988322 No.14988322 [Reply] [Original]

EXPLAIN ZIZEK TO ME OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU! DON'T DUMBT IT DOWN INTO SOME VAGUE SHIT! EXPLAIN ZIZEK TO ME RIGHT NOW OR I'LL LITERALLY FUCKING KILL YOu! WHAT THE FUCK IS IDEOLOGY? WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT HALF THE TIME? EXPLAIN IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!

>> No.14988333

>>14988322
>WHAT THE FUCK IS IDEOLOGY?
The trash can is ideology. We are eating from the trash can every day.

>> No.14988336

Thesis-Antithesis->Synthesis
Ideology is a thing. It's everywhere.

>> No.14988341

>>14988333
WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN JUST FUCKIGN EXPLAIN IT NORMALLY

>> No.14988343

>>14988322
>THE FUCK IS IDEOLOGY?
are you retarded? this isn't even Zizek, it's a marxist term that basically means the same thing as "big brother" from 1984 or "the cathedral" for the NRx

>> No.14988350

>>14988322
you don't even need to read Zizek to know this, ideology is false conciousness that obscures material reality. Marx described how division of labour creates a class of professional mental labourers or ideologues which further obfuscates the fact that their ideas are not products of pure reason or independent mental activity but instead they exemplify very real and material struggles in social life
>WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT HALF THE TIME?
he's an obsurantist poseur, mostly he talks about anal sex. you'd better avoid him

>> No.14988365

WHY CANT HE JUST FUCKING USE A COMMMA

>> No.14988404

>>14988322
Slavoj Žižek (/ˈslɑːvɔJ ˈʒiːʒɛk/; born 21 March 1949) is a Slovenian philosopher, currently a researcher at the Department of Philosophy of the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Arts, and International director of the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities of the University of London.[3] He is also Global Eminent Scholar at Kyung Hee University in Seoul and Global Distinguished Professor of German at New York University. He works in subjects including continental philosophy, political theory, cultural studies, psychoanalysis, film criticism, Marxism, Hegelianism and theology.

>> No.14988455
File: 90 KB, 1200x800, 1584032456087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14988322
what do you want to know? ontology? psychoanalysis? ideology?
ontology:
lets take a classical kantian ontology:
subject|veil|thing in itself
the subject looks at the thing in itself distorted by transcendental categories. empirically speaking you only have sense data. not the real world. zizek would argue accordning to hegel that there is nothing else than this distorted view. the distorted perspective is a feature of the in itself. how the world is perceived is already part of the world and not a feature of the subject. the in itself, how things really are (science etc) does only take place inside the subject.
psychoanalysis:
the imaginary, the symbolic and the real (lacan):

the symbolic is basically language, but also science etc. it is a parasitic agent. there is always a gap in every symbolic utterance namely the gap between the subject of enunciation and the subject of the enunciated, e.g. the content of my speech and the fact, that I speak this content. This way we always say more than we intend to. the symbolic is it is structured by a master signifier (god, nation, capital/the market, communism etc) which represents the subject in
3. ideology
ideology is the spontaneous reaction to make sense of the world, how we give it meaning. there is a gap not between things how they are and how we perceive them but between the way with think they appear to us and how they really appear to us. the prime example is Marx's commodity fetishism. while every sane capitalist knows that money is only a boring object that you can trade in for other commodities and may well be aware of the fact that it is only a social promise, he would be willing to sell his mother into slavery for it. this is called fetishistic disavowel, i know very well that, but. je sais bien mais quand meme, sie wissen, was sie tun, aber sie tun es trotzdem. we fetishize nature in order to cope with capititalst alienation, we fetishize "the people" in order to not seriously engage in politics.

>> No.14989544

Coffee without cream is not the same as coffee without milk. Toilets are ideology.

>> No.14989600

Pure ideology is when ads in airport about airport security be like: look at this [minority], s/he is just like you, with a family, hobby, etc. and this is just his/er job, so please treat him/er with respect.

>> No.14989621

>>14988322
The dominant ideology is never recognised as an ideology by those living it. Objective, non-ideological thinking is thus an illusion; you will only see clearly if you realise what kind of ideology you are influenced by. Things which appear progressive actually go hand in hand with the corporate agenda (institutional manifestation of Capitalism as dominant ideology) more often than not and are therefore not genuinely progressive.

>> No.14989625

>>14988322
>EXPLAIN ZIZEK TO ME
Jordan Peterson for directionless kids who are fans of cumtown and chapo brapo house or whatever.

>> No.14989684
File: 76 KB, 446x435, 1584825108394.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14988322
Ideology is everything and it's everywhere. Imagine living in the Matrix. Every time you make a decision you might believe you are doing it on your own, but you are programmed by ideology. You can reject mainstream liberal ideology and convert to Islam or something in an attempt to escape the matrix, but by doing that you just exchange one matrix for another.

>> No.14989693
File: 93 KB, 640x640, hmmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14988322
It's a word neither he nor Marx know what it means and misuse, funnily enough due to their ideology.

>> No.14989720

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwMIrj5Ulo

>> No.14989787

>>14988455
thank you anon, OP doesn't appreciate you, but i do

>> No.14989797
File: 94 KB, 858x821, 1564097529290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw can't imagine a world without capitalism
>can more easily see societal collapse and apocalypse before we move past capitalism
this is ideology isn't it how the fuck do i undo this from my brain??

>> No.14989834

>>14989621
The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk.

>> No.14989886

>>14988343
>>14988350
Zizek is pulling from Althusser more than he is Marx. Ideology is the form of the big A other frim Lacanian psychology, it is the image to which you maintain your appearance towards. When you are out in public, there is a small a other in the form of other people, and you might refrain from embarrassing behavior to keep up a certain appearance. Ideology is what keep you from maintaining a certain appearance even when you are all alone. This could be "God", or "glory", or "history", it makes no difference; the big A other does not exist. It cannot exist. It is the barred other which persists through it's non-existence: je sais bien, mais quand meme