[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 288 KB, 1280x1736, b5cdc9b5a2ee7cae35ce374ba9dc6977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14954030 No.14954030 [Reply] [Original]

Write in English with Germanic Words only .

>> No.14954036

No

>> No.14954050
File: 76 KB, 1152x648, 1542402766974.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate black Man and Women with dicks
also fuck the Caretaker

>> No.14954197

>>14954030
First broadcaster is a man who likes men.

>> No.14954607

>>14954030
Now that's an excessively hansom man.

>> No.14954822

>>14954030
in is from Latin haha op you fail at your own game. I point and laugh now

>> No.14954879

>>14954822
'In' is from Indo European you dumbhead

>> No.14954902

>>14954822
They have the word 'in' in Dutch as well.

>> No.14954921

>>14954902
Only Germanic words used, which hinders clarity, but in does not have a Latin root so OP is in the right on that point. Of course that is hard to say under the rules of the game as the words Germanic and and Latin have southern roots... OP is still breaking his own rule, as 'Germanic' comes from the Latin 'Germanicus' itself believed to be of Celtic origin.

>> No.14955347

For most of its being, mankind did not know what things are made of, but could only guess. With the growth of worldken, we began to learn, and today we have a beholding of stuff and work that watching bears out, both in the workstead and in daily life.

The underlying kinds of stuff are the *firststuffs*, which link together in sundry ways to give rise to the rest. Formerly we knew of ninety-two firststuffs, from laterstuff, the lightest and barest, to ymirstuff, the heaviest. Now we have made more, such as aegirstuff and helstuff.

The firststuffs have their being as motes called *unclefts*. These are mightly small; one seedweight of waterstuff holds a tale of them like unto two followed by twenty-two naughts. Most unclefts link together to make what are called *bulkbits*. Thus, the waterstuff bulkbit bestands of two waterstuff unclefts, the sourstuff bulkbit of two sourstuff unclefts, and so on. (Some kinds, such as sunstuff, keep alone; others, such as iron, cling together in ices when in the fast standing; and there are yet more yokeways.) When unlike clefts link in a bulkbit, they make *bindings*. Thus, water is a binding of two waterstuff unclefts with one sourstuff uncleft, while a bulkbit of one of the forestuffs making up flesh may have a thousand thousand or more unclefts of these two firststuffs together with coalstuff and chokestuff.

At first is was thought that the uncleft was a hard thing that could be split no further; hence the name. Now we know it is made up of lesser motes. There is a heavy *kernel* with a forward bernstonish lading, and around it one or more light motes with backward ladings. The least uncleft is that of ordinary waterstuff. Its kernel is a lone forwardladen mote called a *firstbit*. Outside it is a backwardladen mote called a*bernstonebit*. The firstbit has a heaviness about 1840-fold that of the bernstonebit. Early worldken folk thought bernstonebits swing around the kernel like the earth around the sun, but now we understand they are more like waves or clouds.

In all other unclefts are found other motes as well, about as heavy as the firstbit but with no lading, known as *neitherbits*. We know a kind of waterstuff with one neitherbit in the kernel along with the firstbit; another kind has two neitherbits. Both kinds are seldom.

The next greatest firststuff is sunstuff, which has two firstbits and two bernstonebits. The everyday sort also has two neitherbits in the kernel. If there are more or less, the uncleft will soon break asunder. More about this later.

The third firststuff is stonestuff, with three firstbits, three bernstonebits, and its own share of neitherbits. And so it goes, on through such everyday stuffs as coalstuff (six firstbits) or iron (26) to ones more lately found. Ymirstuff (92) was the last until men began to make some higher still.

>> No.14956368

Wasn't there a book that was written in Middle English, cleaned up a bit to make it understandable? I remember it sounding really cool but can't remember what it was called

>> No.14956850

>>14956368
shit, yes, there is, i know what you're talking about. i thought i had it saved on my amazon books list but apparently not. it was a single word title and i think it started with an M or maybe a G.
any anon want to help us out?

>> No.14956853

>>14954050
V/vm sick love is good

>> No.14956855

>>14956368
nvm , found it, Paul Kingsnorth’s The Wake

>> No.14956930

>>14954030
You mean Anglish? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIo-17SIkws