[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 158 KB, 720x1047, The Horror of Camp Jelly Jame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14900129 No.14900129 [Reply] [Original]

All of you fucking nerds talking about cringey shit like "gReEk cLaSsIcs" and "hP lOvE CrAFt" like you know anything about REAL literature and yet not one of you mentions this fucking classic

>> No.14900150

>>14900129
Thank you for this.

>> No.14900156

>>14900129
Imma jellyjam my cock in yer mom

>> No.14900167

>>14900129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUEPv1orjQ

>> No.14900219

Don't forget Animorphs, redwall, Hank the cowdog and if you were like me as a kid you might have read a few Anne Rice books. Vampires used to not be gay and shit.

>> No.14900225
File: 53 KB, 490x625, Enemeh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

no this

>> No.14900239

>>14900129
have an upvote, good sir!

>> No.14900295

>>14900129
uwu cummy wummy uwu uwu
uuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuu
(many eyed many mouthed ^^^ monster told of in greek myth)
uwu bussy wussy uwu uwu nyaa uwu owo? owo.
in goosebump you choose your own adventure (I remember those, I would keep a finger on every intersection, so I could go back if I messed up, sort of like spamming quick save in a PC game). You know that Bioshiock quote, "a man CHOOSES, a slave OBEYS". Of course Han would say that intelligence is the ability to make choices within a system, a structure. A common perception of the pre-modern/modern/post-modern dynamic is that pre-modern culture was static, constant. Even as "post-modern" novels come out and are heaped with praise on /lit/ the STRUCTURE of the novel is still in its pre-modern form...Of course you could consider the dimension of the mind the movement here, but then what to be made of the personally chosen adventure? The post-modern novel is not a novel at all, it's the act of writing the novel. The child is a natural post-modern novelist, they construct elaborate (and yet traditionalist, primeval) stories from the dullest of forms, purely imagination... But wouldn't that mean that post-modernism came before premodernism? Not necessarily. The pre-post modern transition was one of awareness, acknowledgement.
That Greek thing, the thing with what 50 heads and 100 arms? You never see any drawings of that one. If my memory serves it's even present in the Iliad, but few bother depicting it as they do so many other memetically pleasing elements of Greek mythology. No I don't think Percy Jackson touches toes with that monstrosity. Of course you'll find it in Berserk, the mighty life tree sultan that is butchered, if my memory serves. Choose your own adventure novels should be a /lit/ meme. Or rather they shouldn't be, couldn't be, because /lit/ memes are shallow. /lit/ is something of a choose your own adventure something (not a novel, hardly a coherent essay, so what then?). Video games are poor choose-your-own adventures. No no video games are simulations. Films are the worse, because they seem to largely lack the POTENTIAL for choice, unless of course the viewer closes his eyes. Memory is a choose your own adventure story. I would dedicate an entire hand to it, keeping track of the pages I'd visited in those stories. I'm fairly certain one ending involved the protagonists turning into a bat. Searching through these booru sites is a similar experience. You start at a fetish, find an artist, that artist leads you to another fetish, a half-hour goes by and you'll happen to scroll past all the forgotten tabs, piled up like so many trays of rotten food at a buffet. You can hardly deal with buffets nowadays with all this virus panic, even if you're not afraid it'd be poor social form to attend one. I expect even the servers would hold it against you. The boy in the story is trapped in a house I recall, trapped in a house and he turns into a bat I think if you get the wron end.

>> No.14900342
File: 956 KB, 2024x2915, EEbYytU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14900129
for me it was pic related

>> No.14900399

>>14900129
For me it’s:
The Cuckoo Clock of Doom
Beast from the East
One Day at Horrorland
The Haunted Mask
It Came From Beneath the Sink!

>> No.14900412

>>14900129
I'm too afraid of niggers to read that book.

>> No.14900876

>>14900399
>The Cuckoo Clock of Doom
Oh fuck I remember that one, very spooky indeed.