[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 501 KB, 1102x967, f3Gr1Ac.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14893943 No.14893943 [Reply] [Original]

>One of the most transcendental contributions of Indian mysticism is the experience of the consciousness-witness, that is, the consciousness free of psycho-mental and physical attachments and from their individual genetic and cultural conditionings. Whereas the consciousness is involved in the thoughts, the mind seems to have its own autonomy, but when we stop paying attention to all the thoughts, we just find out that the mind is not our ultimate reality: there is life beyond the mind. We all experience the fact of thinking;
we can even witness thinking, that is, be aware that we are thinking. But we can go one step further when we are aware that we are aware. In that moment, a loop occurs that stops the mental flow and makes us remain in a state of self-consciousness or pure awareness.

>There are no thoughts or, should any remain, it is seen with an absolute disregard and neutrality. But we immediately realize as well our inability to remain stable in such a state, because thoughts require our attention. Well, that state of individual consciousness “it is me”, free from thoughts, is what, in religious terminology, is defined as “soul” and constitutes the door or preliminary toward the state of universal and unlimited consciousness “I am”, which is defined as “spirit”, “heart”, “the center of the soul” or “God”. And it is called God because such a consciousness “I am” is the original source where duality arises from, that is, God-world, Creator-Creation.

>This fact explains that the name of the god Brahmā comes from brahm-aham, literally “I am”. Thus, the mahāvākya or “great saying” “I am Brahman” (Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upanishad 1.4.10) precisely means, “I am I am”. This coincides with the secret name of God that appears revealed to Moses in Ex. 3:14: “I AM THAT I AM” (EHYEH ASHER EHYEH), whose importance can be inferred from the fact that it is the only one time when a name of God appears in the Bible written in capital letters, in Latin script languages, including English.
Moreover, in the Gospel of Saint John and other passages of the Bible, it is said, “Before Abraham was, I am” (Jn. 8:58), placing that “I am” at the end of the sentence in order to stress the meaning of “I am” intended by Jesus. Well then, this “I am” is not a thought; “I am” does not consist in thinking of “I am”.

>> No.14893947

>>14893943
Jsjsj