[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 116 KB, 1200x869, ted kaczynski.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14860380 No.14860380 [Reply] [Original]

I have read his manifesto and multiple letters he wrote, and he talks as if the "system" works independently from human (Political ideologies, religions etc).

One weird comment he makes in
http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-system-s-neatest-trick
is that the system didnt need women and black rights etc but then all of a sudden the system needed them? What does that even mean? It feels like he just replaces the word system with Jews. But there is no evidence of him being anti-semitic and he is both anti-fascist and anti-communist.

What the hell he is talking about?

>> No.14860384
File: 8 KB, 189x266, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Read Camatte to fill in the holes in Kaczynski and vice versa

>> No.14860387

>>14860384
Sounds interesting I will check it out. But is there not like a one paragraph answer that pinpoints the system that Kaczynski is talking about?

>> No.14860393

>>14860387
Kaczynski was intelligent but he wasn't a great philosopher. For him "industrial society"=the system and he never gives a proper explanation for how it emerged if humans naturally prefer to live simply and primitively.

Camatte's view fills in this gap imo because he claims capital has penetrated society to the point that any attempt to attack it reinforces its ability to domesticate human nature. The revolution in this scenario can only come in a form of anticapitalism which subtracts from capital (rather than progressing it into a communist utopia as Marx proposed).

Basically Kacynzski is an anticapitalist but not a Marxist.

>> No.14860396

>>14860380
Totalitarian Surveillance states, which we are all watching gradually rise around us.

>> No.14860399

>>14860393
How does that make any sense though if anti-capitalist/monetary rhetoric is sometimes even encouraged but never punished like anti-semitism?
Also what about advertisers throwing away capital to promote their political values even if it hurts company profits?
Doesnt that prove that ideology is above money?

>> No.14860404

capital is sentient

>> No.14860406

>>14860396
The guy would have reached a lot more people and been taken more seriously if he didn't decide to become a terrorist. Could have written a book or even started a youtube channel. Even just shitposting all over the internet would have been a better decision.

>> No.14860458

>>14860399
You are catching on anon. Ted kaczynski is a smart guy but surpirisngly wasnt smart enough to connect the system with Jews. Yes the industrial revolution would have happened without Jews, but it would have been much more humane and much less degenerate. Not having control over the power process as Ted puts it is minor compared to living among in multiculturalism and degeneracy

>> No.14860464

>>14860406
>Could have written a book or even started a youtube channel. Even just shitposting all over the internet would have been a better decision.
those things didnt exist yet.

>> No.14860468

>>14860464
Internet existed, and he could have used youtube if he held out a few more years.

>> No.14860476
File: 83 KB, 600x800, 77A376F6-8DC8-4096-97C6-978337B299DC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The guy would have reached a lot more people and been taken more seriously if he didn't decide to become a terrorist. Could have written a book or even started a youtube channel. Even just shitposting all over the internet would have been a better decision.

>> No.14860480

>>14860476
Seriously tho. He did more harm to his cause than anything.

>> No.14860485

>>14860480
i guess he didn't plan on getting caught :^)

>> No.14860504

>>14860485
Even if he wasn't his ideas were attached to the violent acts.

>> No.14860549

>>14860458
/thread

>> No.14860629

>>14860393
>proper explanation for how it emerged if humans naturally prefer to live simply and primitively.
Because we don't. Many animals prefer domestication and given eons would probably join us.

>> No.14860668

>>14860458
I feel like the system has to be a bit more complicated than Jews. The more I read about this stuff, the less I feel like I know. Trying to accurately pinpoint what historicla consequences lead us to this hell hole is not easy

>> No.14860721
File: 17 KB, 250x250, repeats-repetitions-differentiates-differences.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14860380

Kaczynski (and Jacques Camatte who is very similar but more eloquent) based their works on that of Jacques Ellul, who I am very surprised was not mentioned already.

Ellul published around the same time as Sartre and sadly the French schools were all caught up in their hebephilia to give him proper attention. Nevertheless, do check out his "The Technological Society" for a better understanding of how both Ellul and Kaczynski considers the actions of "Technique" - with a capital T to indicate it is the set of all technologies and their relation to men, not juts any particular one.

In modern (and ironically) technical terms, Ellul's description of Technique/Technology matches almost perfectly our understanding of emergent phenomena, that is, a property of a complex system that only exists at the level of the collective and cannot be explained out as a sum of parts of the same system (consciousness is the prime example people always use, but a rather simpler to visualize emergent effect is animal herd behavior such as fishes, birds and even people).

So when they refer to "system", "Technique", etc. they mean something in society that feeds back information into individuals in a self-consistent circuitry, i.e even though people make up the system as if they were cells, the system itself as emergence also modifies its constituent cells (the people) and this modification feeds back into the system modifying it and so forth.

So in your example the system is effectively having a "need" to change its makeup based on information exchange within itself. Globalism and immigration all play into this. Note this is not the same as saying "society" or "system" are a collective consciousness that can actually think for itself and make choices. This is merely a statement of how it has trends that must be followed to ensure the inertia/survival of the emergent phenomenon, even if this happens in detriment to some, many or even almost all of the individuals composing the system to begin with. "What you can do for your country" and such things.

Anyways, Ellul is very elaborate about explaining it all and you should really check him out.

>> No.14860740

>>14860721
So where do Jews fit into this? Are they the main guider of the system?

>> No.14860776

>>14860740

Not every part has the same level of contribution to the system, as 'importance to survival' does not need to be distributed homogeneously.

The body cells analogy must be made with the caveat that, like mentioned, society doesn't have a mind in the same way we do, but if we insisted on taking people as if they were cells, you could consider some populations to be skin cells and others to be (((nerve cells))), and you can probably guess which populations equate which cells.

The analogy also breaks down in that some human populations actively undermine each other, but the fact that they all compose an emergent effect stands. Note that it's not required that the "top" contributors to the effect act out in a planned manner to maintain the system working. It's more of a feedback system which really incentivizes them to do so, to the point where other populations would also find it hard to act in any other way if they reached the same position. However it is also feasible that individuals with sufficient leverage could control society in this complex system way of speaking, but Kaczynski's key point is that the system always wins in the end, and even the top players will get fucked eventually if they don't respect survival of the emergent thing they are a part of (lots of parallels to this in recent events as you can probably imagine).

>> No.14860796

This thread started out good with Camatte but even then the poster misunderstands TKs works on a fundamental level.
>>14860393
fundamentally wrong.
> "industrial society"=the system
Not at all. TK solved the false theory/praxis dichotomy. Since we cannot destroy rationalism and the enlightenment, then the focus must be shifted towards the accomplishement of realistic goals, ie the destruction of industrial society. This does not imply that industrial society=the system, at all.

TK quite literally solved Marxism and most of all, refined the revolutionary critique to its most rational conclusion - that is the most important, fundamental aspect of anti-tech thought. Distillating the opposition of values and ideologies, propping them up against each others, last-man-standing style, in order to bring out the fundamental aspects of each components. Only then will we be able to see the actualforces at work, What TK does is boiling marxism to kill the last remnants of idealism - read Debord's détournement, Camatte's récupération, and realize how much deeper TK went.He IS a great philosopher, in fact, the most important one. He singlehandedly redefined what philosopher means, what materialism entails, what freedom isn't etc... TK is pure praxis: rationalism to end rationalism, materialism to destroy materialism, unadulterated anarchism to end 'freedom' once and for all. Sorry I can't seem to think thoroughly in English today, I'm having trouble explaining myself.

>> No.14860801

>>14860393
That’s just Adorno

>> No.14860851

>>14860796
Thoroughly based and insightful post.

>> No.14860857

>>14860796
>>14860776
I am not going to lie. I am not high enough IQ to fully understand what this guy is talking about.

>TK quite literally solved Marxism and most of all, refined the revolutionary critique to its most rational conclusion - that is the most important, fundamental aspect of anti-tech thought. Distillating the opposition of values and ideologies, propping them up against each others, last-man-standing style, in order to bring out the fundamental aspects of each components. Only then will we be able to see the actualforces at work,

Like. Wtf

>> No.14860933

>>14860796
>Debord's détournement

i can´t find it

>> No.14862302

>>14860399
Good point. Anti semitism being #1 crime is indeed kind of suspicious

>> No.14862360

>>14860387
The system is the byproduct of the drive to improve the efficiency of a particular action

>> No.14862370

>>14860380
The industrial-technological capitalist system