[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 356 KB, 750x1582, 1293078071560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1479812 No.1479812 [Reply] [Original]

Oh shit. Batman just barged into the last novel you read! And it doesn't look like he's going to leave willfully.

>> No.1479937 [DELETED] 

Batman's parents appeared on the space station not long after he arrived. They didn't seem to realize they had died. They were both incredibly busy, and spoke of important business to attend to, and yet they never actually seemed to leave his sight for more than a few brief moments. He locked them out of his room once and after a few minutes, out of desperation to be near him, they physically clawed their way through the steel door with unnatural strength. Their broken hands and arms mysteriously healed before his eyes.

Realizing he wouldn't be able to destroy them or , he tricked them into getting into one of the probe vehicles, closed the hatch, and launched them into space. They showed up waiting in his bedroom the next morning, seemingly unaware of the attempt.

He seems to have accepted their presence for the moment, but I fear he's slowly going crazy, passing the days, pretending nothing is wrong. I think his parents are starting to suspect they aren't real. I don't know how this is going to end.

>> No.1479942

Batman's parents appeared on the space station not long after he arrived. They didn't seem to realize they had died. They were both incredibly busy, and spoke of important business to attend to, and yet they never actually seemed to leave his sight for more than a few brief moments. He locked them out of his room once and after a few minutes, out of desperation to be near him, they physically clawed their way through the steel door with unnatural strength. Their broken hands and arms mysteriously healed before his eyes.

Realizing he wouldn't be able to destroy them, he tricked them into getting into one of the probe vehicles, closed the hatch, and launched them into space. They showed up waiting in his bedroom the next morning, seemingly unaware of the attempt. He seems to have accepted their presence for the moment, but I fear he's slowly going crazy, passing the days, pretending nothing is wrong. I think his parents are starting to suspect they aren't real. I don't know how this is going to end.

>> No.1479961

Oh wow, that comic is hilarious! Where'd ya find it?

>> No.1479977
File: 266 KB, 412x700, some old guy and his fucking beard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love that book!

>> No.1479983

Batman would fit in well within Special Circumstances.

>> No.1480033

The circle of the mask was large enough now to shut out the vision of anything else. The wire door was a couple of hand-spans from his face. The rats knew what was coming now. One of them was leaping up and down, the other, an old scaly grandfather of the sewers, stood up, with his pink hands against the bars, and fiercely sniffed the air. Winston could see the whiskers and the yellow teeth. Again the black panic took hold of him. He was blind, helpless, mindless.

"It was a common punishment in Imperial China," said O'Brien as didactically as ever.

The mask was closing on his face. The wire brushed his cheek. And then -- no, it was not relief, only hope, a tiny fragment of hope. The door to Room 101 was smashed open. Too late, perhaps too late. But he had suddenly understood that in the whole world there was just one person who would never bow down to Big Brother.

"Who are you?" O'Brien screamed. "You'll never get away with this!"

Another, deeper voice drowned him out: "Are you retarded or something? I'm the goddamn Batman."

>> No.1480074

Happy families are all alike; each unhappy family is unique in its own way, such as having your parents killed in front of you.

>> No.1480080

>>1479983
>mfw you are reading scott westerfield.

Have you read some of his other books? Some are insanely "adult only"

>> No.1480119

....willingly?

>> No.1480120
File: 315 KB, 477x640, fEURn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1480139

>>1480080

I think he's probably referring to the Culture...

>> No.1480144

Batman meets Harry Dresden.

Shut up and take my money!

>> No.1480173
File: 61 KB, 1152x864, russia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> mfw Batman in Brave New World

>> No.1480194

TH3 L4ST TH1NG 1 R34D W4S TH3 SH4DOW OUT OF T1M3 SO 1 1M4G1N3 B4TM4N H4S CHOOS3N POORLY WH1CH NOV3L TO B4RG3 1NTO

>> No.1480279

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife, with the exception, of course, of those damaged individuals who are determined to prosecute a one-man War on Crime.

>> No.1480285

is that you Robin Caulfield? is this me?

>> No.1480296

I just finished The Guns of the South.
Batman meets Civil war? Sign me up!

>> No.1480305

I bet Batman won't give into The Idea of the Corpse, he'll get rid of the war reenactment people hired by the athiests quickly & his gadgets will help the Corpus Dei reach the North Pole before God's neurons die, goodbye plot, hello resolution

>> No.1480389

Oh Shit. Batman vs Bateman.

>> No.1480403

The last novel I read was The Secret Life of Bees

awshitnigga.jpg

>> No.1481831

bump

>> No.1481835

Batman in Kerouac?
I'm not sure how this would go.

>> No.1481871

Batman taking part in the Battle of Stalingrad?
>i_like_where_this_is_going.cccp

>> No.1482276
File: 89 KB, 500x472, 2979214010_c977de0894.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Batman in my Don Quixote?!?!

>> No.1483022

Batman fell into Light in August. Jesus Christ, dat stream of consciousness.

Also, because I can't resist:

"Through the fence, between the curling flower spaces, I could see them mugging. They were coming toward where the woman was and I went along the fence. Alfred was hunting in the grass by the flower tree. They took the purse out, and they were mugging. Then they put the purse back and they went to the table, and he mugged and the other mugged. Then they went on, and I went along the dark Gotham street. Alfred came away from the flower tree and we went along the filthy noirstreet and they stopped and we stopped and I looked through the fence while Alfred was hunting in the grass. Then I bat-grappled them."

also

"did you ever have parents did you
no but theyre all DEEEEEAAAAAD
I hit him my open hand beat the impulse to shut it to his face his hand moved as fast as mine the cigarette went over the rail I swung with the other hand he caught it too before the cigarette reached the water he held both my wrists in the same hand his other hand flicked to his armpit under his coat behind him the sun slanted and a bat sing ing somewhere beyond the sun we looked at one another while the bat singing he turned my hands loose"