[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.30 MB, 1458x1221, imagine-it-te-covers1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14791174 No.14791174 [Reply] [Original]

How has school influenced your reading habits?

>> No.14791578
File: 54 KB, 431x389, 1509830258315.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14791174
High school ruined my Reading habits, stopped reading at all after high school and only start again after 6 years out of high school. The combination of shitty English teachers and then going to University for a shitty degree that I didn't finish just left me completely unmotivated.

>> No.14791591

>>14791174
I probably read more today than I otherwise would had it not been for school. When everyone else got to choose a third language to learn I was forced to learn the native language of the country I live in, even though I could speak it (they didn't know that though), so when they learned I was almost fluent I could do anything I wanted during those classes. So I mostly just wandered around or read a lot, which kept me interested in books and reading.

>> No.14791602

In primary school I read a lot but high school ruined it for a while. I went to a place that was quite extreme with the rote learning, neverending testing bureaucratic dogshit. Almost everyone was literarily submental because there wasn't room in the curriculum for teaching kids how to write, just how to regurgitate the structures and so on. I was extremely lucky to have a brilliant English teacher for my last year of school who made class very enjoyable. Surprise surprise everyone else hated him for being 'too serious' or whatever and even tried to get him removed. Unbelievable. I have the most enormous respect for good teachers.

>> No.14791641

Barely read at all in highschool, despite knowing the value. As soon as I actually started reading it.