[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.71 MB, 3024x4032, 9ddbbebfdebadcab4d0bf21867824528.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14741038 No.14741038 [Reply] [Original]

When I was younger I didn't think true scary stories were scary. What I thought was truly scary were the ones that people made up. It shows how messed up and horrific the mind can be. That was until something scary happened in my own childhood town.

When I was about nine me, my older sister, and my two younger siblings would always like to raise our own money to buy ice cream from an ice cream truck. Now I know it sounds weird for a little kid to pay with it's own money at the time. Why not ask your parents for the money or something. Well my parents taught us that it's not easy to make money.

My older sister would help tutor other middle schoolers, my younger siblings would just have to listen to our grandparents' weird stories, and I would help some of our neighbors clean out there garage or attic. We lived in a nice neighborhood so I knew it was okay.

Well one day I was helping this old lady clean out her attic, and she said I could keep whatever I wanted. My being a little kid found some things that actually seem boring now like old magazines, books, and some old clothes. Other things though seemed more interesting than others including an old photo album. The only pictures that were in it were some old drawings made by the old ladies daughter, Sage.

I took it home with me, and I'd look through it all the time. The pictures didn't seem that old, and didn't turn yellow with age. In fact it looked like they were newly drawn. One day I was looking through the photo album, and a drawing fell out. I picked it up, and noticed that it was actually two pieces of paper glued together back to back. Between it was a small key poking out.

The next day I went to the ladies house with the key. She said she didn't know what it was for, but I could go to the attic to have a look. I did, and started looking around.

After awhile of looking through the old boxes and trunks I found a small cigar box with a chain and lock. The name Sage was on a paper that was taped to it. I opened it, and soon wished I didn't.

Inside of the box were drawings of a dead man, pictures of decaying animals, and a picture of a lake. The lake one seemed a little out of place among the drawings and other photos. I took a closer look at it, and found words written on the back.

"Swim with me, Swim with us, Swim with Satan, Swim with blood. ~ Sage"

Was written in red pen. I asked the old lady, and showed her the lake picture. Her face became ghostly white, and demanded I show her where I found it. I did, and she told me not to mention it to my parents or anyone else.

I never did tell a soul until now.

>> No.14741046

first

>> No.14741054

chilling anecdote brethren

>> No.14741097

Reeeee ESL authors trigger me
Learn it’s/its please

>> No.14741298

>>14741097
I thought the grammar mistakes were purposeful to portray the narrator's lack of/poor education

>> No.14741314

i've heard better scary campfire stories at cub scouts

>> No.14741773

>>14741038
>he talked to his neighbors as a kid
fake and gay

>> No.14741800
File: 30 KB, 400x400, 1515797062766.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14741038
r/nosleep

Upvoted!