[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 875 KB, 3564x1870, 1581477908398.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14737707 No.14737707 [Reply] [Original]

Any books on the workings of common law? I want to study it a bit in case I happen to come in possession of political power over my country or a part of it when the current order falls apart, because if I do I'd like to replace the current system which is some sort of bastard between Civil law and Common law, but mostly Civil law.

>> No.14737730

>>14737707
Bingham LJ's 'rule of law' is a good place to start as a layman. also consider just going into a library or university library and reading books particularly on constitutional law. I'm irish so our constitution is my interest, but there is plenty on the US constitution and british constitutional law is also interesting as it is unwritten. the rest of your question is just larping and there is no way in a societal collapse you're going to be implementing donoghue v stevenson , saloman's case or pinnel's rule m8.

>> No.14737736

>in case I happen to come in possession of political power over my country or a part of it when the current order falls apart
HAHAHAHA