[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 106 KB, 800x516, babbies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1472702 No.1472702 [Reply] [Original]

Sup a/lit/gators
Anyone here know some good ways to find scholarly sources for research papers? Specifically, I'm looking for ones dealing with the legality of marijuana.
I don't need actual sources, just the means to find them.

>> No.1472722

If you have access to it, university library electronic journal services.

>> No.1472746

as a last resort try google scholar...well second to last wiki as last.

>> No.1472786

If you're in a university you should have access to a bunch of databases through your library. Otherwise google scholar or wiki. I remember my high school library was subscribed to several databases and the user//password were the same for everyone (ex. my chicago high school was something like cps1440//cps1440 for EBSCO). Search online, someone has probably posted passwords for the databases. Here's a list of the one's my uni is subscribed to, maybe try to find passe for them.

http://www.library.illinois.edu/ugl/find/articleguide.html

>> No.1472788

scirus,com
sciencedirect,com

>> No.1472810

Thanks guys. I'm using the sails network right now but it isn't really helping. :/ I'll try your recommendations.

>> No.1472822

JSTOR.
NORML is obviously not a good source to use if you want to keep any pretense of impartiality, but what you can do is follow links and sources of theirs to other places for facts and information on the actual laws, statistics, proposed legislation that was not passed or overturned, etc.