[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 778 KB, 1438x806, optimize.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14680469 No.14680469 [Reply] [Original]

>Creativity is very important to society, even if limited to consuming the creations of others without creativity many things would be much worse, scientific breakthroughs are reliant on imagination even more than art!
Is it possible that all the great creators of the past discovered some esoteric knowledge about creativity, which allowed them to imagine the things they did?
was it a trait they were born/raised to have? or is it an innate skill to every human, but lost on 99% of people by the time their animal nature is beaten down to become a domesticated adult?(explains how some cultures seem much more creative than others)

I'm interested in the topic - it could be very beneficial if some secret was revealed (it would be funny if there was some conspiracy where the ultimate creative method was kept secret and passed down to only a handful of people so they would always have an easy source of money from their great creations)

what is some literature which discusses this topic? from a scientific/psychological perspective , philosophical , art perspective it doesn't matter.

>> No.14680531
File: 124 KB, 624x1023, E6D4B27B-DCE9-483A-B56B-2F78C11F9425.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14680469
>was it a trait they were born ...to have?
Yeah.
>99%
I wouldn’t be so harsh. Some are more fluent is all.
Might like this book

>> No.14680536

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypy

>> No.14680553
File: 1.21 MB, 1000x750, download (10).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14680469
the chance for holistic learning is special and should be seized with both hands.
once you've learned it from someone else, from a book, you can never have the experience of learning it knowing it is a totally natural and unique event, not contrived or prompted, influenced or coloured by associations. you can also have the pleasure of knowing these things are real, and you experienced them because they are innate in the world to be experienced - you know the thought was not implanted in you or suggested - you'll know the experience is pure and part of your naturally evolved relationship with life, your own fine tuning.
over the years you'll discover incredible things just through observing nature and what you experience in relationship to it - from time to time you'll hear of these things you've learned brought up in academic contexts, and you'll delight in the sources that support the credibility of your personal discoveries.

it's a choice. maybe you only make it for a few matters, such as physics and music - and later in life you fine tune what your with the literature and theory.

wild practice, intuition, unique voice

you can choose to take this path any time

>> No.14680586

>>14680531
:( didn't expect butterfly to be a biological determinist lol. i wonder what your views on race and gender differences are now...

>> No.14680708
File: 6 KB, 191x264, download (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14680553
I agree with you whole-heartedly,
>tfw you don't have a whole childhood ahead of you to utilize to the full
But anon, I can't make up for the time I've burned, and there's not much time left

>> No.14681104

>>14680708
there is always more unknown than known to you
you can begin a new way of looking today
you just won't know what it is you'll learn from this, and trying new ways of searching and seeing.
God can help to show you, new things, new ways. Inquire within =]

>> No.14681320

>>14681104
out of impatience I'll probably keep on with reading about stuff related to the creative field I like.
what would you say to someone who said in spending a lifetime looking for knowledge on something without reading, you're missing out on multiple lifetimes worth of that same knowledge , which if you read up on you could focus on exploring things which haven't yet been explored at the peak

>> No.14681977

>>14680586
I believe I was biologically determined to be a homosexual, yes.
Being an artist is also probably biologically determined. Some people can learn crafts, others create something inventive. Some people only have drive and ambition with little or no talent. Ed Wood was like that. Some people get just enough talent to impress people with no eye for quality. Kinkade for example.
You may have latent talents too. I have no idea if I can do justice to the ideas in my head. I’m not a hard determinist, I’m a compatibalist

>> No.14682166
File: 34 KB, 474x790, 5d9afeab4c8ed601c972f28376bff847.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14681320
That it's really up to the experience and relationship you want through the information - the sensuality of receiving the world while being uninformed of the dynamics prior - to have no recognition of them when you first meet them, meeting them for the first time face to face, as opposed to hearing of them and having an idea first.
It's just a way of moving in the world.
We have a lot of uninformed experiences without deliberately quarantining ourselves from records - but some things are better learned before knowing they were on the record - simply because you'll never be able to have the chance to be introduced to them in that form every again. It's worth considering that potential is being wasted by systemising the first impression to whatever is on record.
Every single individuals first encounter and realisation of an aspect in play, through sheer interaction with the world around them, could be a totally unique and never witnessed or recorded perspective of it. To lose that potential is grave, especially since the same impressions you can get from the records won't be altered in your absence, and the same information can be received - informed now by your own lived experience, which can significantly improve the confidence you can have in another's representation of it.

It's a meditation, more than anything- you just choose to abstain as a practice and a devotion, in order to have a pure learning experience.

It's just worth considering what you would value the most after a sustained duration of immersion in life- which happens either way.

>> No.14682189

>>14680469
creativity is enhanced under a limited frame of mind. The worst form of creativity and the laziest is attempting to put things that are totally different with each other.

So for example mixing coke and pepsi is a better form of creativity than mixing coke and sprite.

>> No.14682194

>>14682166
there are moments of realisation in awe with how the worlds works that you live within - discoveries people have had before and shared with the world, which if you read them you would have a different kind of experience and awe for the discovery - but you don't get to have the same experience the person had with the world that allowed them to discover what they did. it's not that one method is more valuable than the other, they just have different benefits, and one kind is more rare and fleeting in it's potential to be fulfilled.

>> No.14682397
File: 14 KB, 413x414, image0-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you still come up with idea's of your own, but an idea is never truly your own, as soon as you've had it you realise it's probably being thought of at the same time, has been thought of before, or will be thought of by someone else.
it's coming up with idea's on your own that makes the difference.

>> No.14682407

>>14682189
>So for example mixing coke and pepsi is a better form of creativity than mixing coke and sprite.

This is retarded and false, there's nothing creative or good about mixing pepsi and coke

>> No.14683355

>>14680469
real truth: the human brain needs two conceptual engines to process reality with their physical senses. these two engines are the conscious and subconscious. for proper maintenance of these engines, they must be cleaned. we do this every night when we sleep and both engines meet. we can call these meetings dreams if you'd like. it's like emptying the recycling bin and the visual image of a dream in your visual cortex is your consciousness thus brain processing this data for deletion or retention. how does this relate to creativity? well anon, no other living creature on this earth does this one weird human thing: make shit up. lie. we just completely make shit up, who the fuck does that? The reason being our subconscious still needs cleaning beyond the nightly dreams. it is insufficient maintenance. thus, the subconscious gets dirty enough, full enough of crap, it starts to leak out. by making shit up, in the correct order of fictionalize events, our consciousness can attach our subconscious to a soul vehicle ie character for emotional thus brain data catharsis. meaning every person is capable of creativity. but the "creative" ones receive more dopamine when maintaining their subconcious engines. they enjoy it more, so they do it more, so they get good at it. this can also become a spiritual behaviour as the very nature of subconscious catharsis is psychological thus introverted

>> No.14683779

>>14683355
so what in what way can the 'uncreative' ones, who get litle dopamine from creating become like them?

>> No.14684167

>>14683779
like anything, study and practise

>> No.14684877

>>14684167
For learning the creative skills, like writing or painting, yes
but for the imaginative part of creating art it's all down to inspiration

>> No.14685594

>>14682189
(this is a terrible analogy anon)
do you mean that attempting to force originality is bad and lazy?