[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.25 MB, 1153x1600, Arthur Rackham 94.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14655635 No.14655635 [Reply] [Original]

>Schleiermacher was retarded and commenced 2 wasted centuries of bad studies in ancient philosophy
I wonder if there ever was a philosopher who 1) wasn't retarded and 2) hasn't led to centuries of idiots. I wonder if philosophy is worth it. The wise men are still stupid, but far above average. What they say drips through a hundred layers of stupidity. And under this vast ceiling, humanity is frolicking around, with open mouths, collecting, as if it were honey, the excrement raining down from above. This train of thought is itself an example of why it might be better to keep your mental mouth shut.

>> No.14655981

I have never had a passion and now that I am nearing 30 I have to accept I likely never well. I renounce, I dismiss, but I can't find anything to hold on to, no anchor, nor ground. I am extremely jealous people who are truly passionate and feel as thought hey have a calling. I have pretend to care about things hoping that I would fake it till I made it, but that transition never happened and it is honestly exhausting to lie to yourself about how you really feel about something.

I can't really talk to people about this because it frustrates them, often they mistake it as me saying that no one should care about anything or something like that, which isn't the case, as I said I am jealous of people who do. People also get frustrated when they can't fix you with cheap advice, I don't think you can really talk people in to caring, a syllogism isn't a passion its just a self-consistent chain of rhetoric, which obviously is useful for lots of things but doesn't exactly ignite the heart with passion.

Because of this I have learned just to keep to myself on this topic. I don't expect anything useful to come of posting this here, I know anons don't care, and this is just one big self-indulgent whinge in a thread dedicated to such, but I think I need to write this out to articulate it more clearly to myself, or just to vent.

I am at the point of resignation, I know that without this fire I will always be just another undifferentiated heartbeat among many, a background character even to myself. I feel like a million pieces drifting away in as many directions.

>> No.14656124

>>14655635
What the fuck are you talking about? Schleiermacher created Dilthey.

>> No.14656228

>>14656124
>>14655594

>> No.14656267

It's mad to me how fast 2010 till now passed versus how slowly 2000 to 2010 went. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and it messes with me.

>> No.14656332

in a case of art imitating life, i based my mc's crippling inferiority complex on my own. the difference was, my mc needed to prove himself because he wasn't expected to live to 31

in a dark case of life imitating art, i vowed last night to kill myself i dont succeed by 31. whether ill succeed at that is anyone's guess

>> No.14656748

After five days of abstinence women look like nothing but sexual objects to me and I don't like it.

>> No.14656787
File: 67 KB, 850x400, basedschop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14655635
Reminder

>> No.14656817

Theodore Roosevelt is the best president of the 1900s by FAR

>> No.14656871
File: 153 KB, 249x250, 1579483233300.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14656787
Very Scaruffian thing to say

>> No.14657286
File: 714 KB, 888x894, 1560402133892.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tfw dating a girl born in 2004

>> No.14657340

>>14655635
all philosophers are retards. confucious single handedly ruined the entire eastern world for going on 1000 years now. all it takes is one retard speaking with an air of authority and enough obfuscation that normalfaggots can't disprove it, and you have a ideological dirty bomb.

>> No.14657362
File: 254 KB, 1152x1080, 1580759111617.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

An Anon from the previous thread had suggested that maybe I am isolating myself because I feel lonely but at the same time am afraid of meeting new people (Thank you again if you are reading this!) I've given it a thought, and while I am not really afraid of meeting someone new, I do feel a bit lonely. However ever since I've started, I had a few moments of peace and comfort. Should I focus on these moments and see if I can outstretch them? I'm thinking that if I were to overcome my loneliness with the help of another then I would become dependant on them, and that might be something dangerous and harmful to myself. I would merely distract myself from the problem, not solve it.

I just can't seem to be able to connect to anyone in real life. Many of them don't have any values or beliefs which are their own, but rather parrot whatever is the new trend that society has set. Anons from here come off as more understanding than most people. I am by no means perfect. I'm not trying to say that I'm superior to them, maybe just different. Maybe we all are different from eachother and the issue is that some prefer to put on an act that makes them fit in.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this!

>>14655981
Not having a passion doesn't make you lesser than those who do. I get the impression that people seek one in order to be able to define themselves, which I think is counter-productive. Take people who are obsessed with gender identity, for example. Their entire being revolves around their gender or their sexuality, yet in truth an individual should be a lot more than just that.

>people also get frustrated when they can't fix you with cheap advice
That might be due to the fact that they don't actually care about you getting "fixed". They just want to wash their hands of you and be able to say that they've done their part.

>I feel like a million pieces drifting away in as many directions
Try to accept that and find something beautiful in it. I personally think that the idea of a person who is almost impossible to categorise is beautiful.

I hope this helps.

>>14656267
There's not much happening these days. Everything is monotonous and so time feels dragged out. Do you feel in a similar way?

>>14656787
I have just bought A Treatise of Human Nature and am looking forward to reading it!

>> No.14657589
File: 2.48 MB, 1708x1920, El Coloso, Francisco Goya.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not a day goes by where I don't say "society" at least once.

It seems to me that we live in a post-truth, post-politics, post-history world. The way of thinking of people has changed. Thought is scattered, disjointed, detached. There is no framework to anchor thought in Western civilization anymore. Everything feels fragmented, divorced from any sort of context, and I blame WWII for this paradigm shift. To the average Western mind, history starts with WWII. Everything that came before is too remote and detached from current reality, to the point that it cannot understand the pre-WWII world in anything but an abstract level. Just like a peasant from the Middle Ages would be incapable of comprehending the modern world, so too is modern man incapable of comprehending the past after a certain point.

There is no guidance anymore, not from God, the church, the government, the education system, no one. The only things they offer are lies. Only in this environment will we see the rise of the Übermensch amongst the Last Men.

Pic related, it's what I desire. I want to become a giant, a colossus, on a physical, mental and spiritual level, so that one day I'll be strong enough to raise my fists and smash this society to pieces.

>> No.14657610

>>14655635
Jokes, lots of jokes, funny, hilarous hehe stuff. Like HILARIOUS STUFF. Isen't it funny how it looks spelled out? H-I-L-A-R-I-O-US HILARIOUS. It's funny to type, I ask you to type it out, hi-li-AROUS. HYSTERICAL HILAROUS HERETICS WALKED INTO THE BAR AND THE BAR MAN SAID "HAY YOU CAN'T TAKE THE FUCKING MILK YOU PIG SHIT" AND THEN THE FUCKING OCTOPUS WALKED OUT BUT BEFORE HE WENT THROUGH THE DOORS THE MOTHERFUCKER EXPLODED AHAHAHAH LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

>> No.14657635

>>14655635
>Implying Schleiermacher/Schlegel platonism isn't upper-echelon patrician tier
>Implying Schleiermacher's translation of Plato into german isn't the only one outside of the ancient greek that comes close to encapsulating the beauty inherent in the dialogues

>> No.14657646

how easy is it to get sleeping pills?

>> No.14657657
File: 71 KB, 1024x930, 00 0 0 2220 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14655635
The Corona Virus does not seem to be real, however, let's hope it is. How boring the last several decades have been. War in the middle east without any good video or coverage. Outside 911 there has been a tremendous lack of annihilation. There has been an increase in enmity and random violence, but too random to hold attention for very long. Quite boring, all of it.

But a great disease, that tickles the senses. Originating in The Orient, a mysterious virus has affected, somewhat drastically, The Orientals. They seem to be shaken up about it and who can blame them? They are, at times, falling over dead. Right on the ground. It's good, very good to see, but still premature to think it an organized killer which is, of course, our want.

Does it affect all humans or just The Oriental? We don't know this question. Does the virus have AIDS, or, as it was formerly known, GRIDS? This has been speculated. Will there be a "vaccine"? We are not sure yet. What we do know is that these events are unfolding slowly and dramatically and, maybe, there will be an elegant movement to its story as we proceed through it. We are in much luck, anons, if the virus is real. It will be very entertaining. However, it is likely fake.

>> No.14657668

>>14657589
>There is no framework to anchor thought in Western civilization anymore.

Try threatening the supremacy of democratic liberalism in the West and see if you get away with it.

>> No.14657703

>>14655635
In order to deal with the fact that there’s too much art being made and not enough time to explore it, I should just become an art critic

>> No.14658101
File: 1005 KB, 1659x3008, DSC_0131.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

By following [the] tradition. (Which excludes most of the so called "traditionalists" and "perennialists".)

>> No.14658126

>>14655635
>I wonder if philosophy is worth it.

What else is there though?

>> No.14658138

>>14658126
Art, crafts, religion

>> No.14658153

>>14657589
>waah baah ah bloo bloo the movie that I'm in sucks
>why isn't there an outside power putting me to the place i deserve
>I wish i was all powerful and could just show everyone

Easy with the narcissism buddy.

>> No.14658158
File: 1.11 MB, 1800x3017, DSC_0132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14658101
true... appearance". Hence "water" is an adequate symbol for the supreme One, the transcendent and infinite source of Being, envisaged as a swampy mire which contains the right initial proto-noetic paradigms of the intelligible cosmos (kosmos noetos of the later Platonic tradition).

>> No.14658159

>>14658138
Why would they be mutually exclusive though?

>> No.14658170

>>14657703
You should get a job.

>> No.14658628

>>14657589
We all lost WWII.

>> No.14658780
File: 269 KB, 500x500, 1580273301485.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you know if all the sad delusions that exist in your mind over what you are, what you're doing, and how you relate to the world are all just that, mere delusions?

>> No.14658818

>>14657657
This present corona virus is a nothing. The power of the governments of China, and the country you live in, are simply too powerful for such a force to overwhelm and destroy them. Even if it kills 100 million people before being contained, it will ultimately be meaningless to you. Times will get a little tougher, there might be a period where serious quarantining decreases global economic productivity, but that's really it. After the damage is done, the existing power structures will simply carry on as before. You might notice the products you buy might become a little more expensive and scarce, but that's really it.

>> No.14659256

>>14657589
People of today have sadly been indoctrinated to like this society you are talking about. In their eyes you might be a tyrant if you try to take it away from them.

>>14657657
From what I understand, the effects of this virus (such as the quarantining of Wuhan) have already impacted the Chinese economically. And that, in turn, is soon going to affect us as well.

>>14658780
They might be just delusions, but as long as you feel them to be real they will be so, albeit subjectively.

>> No.14660323

>>14657286
fucking based

>> No.14661172

>>14655635
Diotima.

>> No.14661205

>>14655635
My bed squeaks repeatedly as he thrusts his cock inside me. This is the 3rd time this week that he’s come over to fuck, he must be depressed again. I wonder if I’m a hore? I needed money for my head pills, so when I heard him come home from work one day I ran out to catch him. I told him straight that he could fuck me for 59 bucks, the cost of the pills. I have a job again so we don’t do it for money anymore. He knocks one the door sometimes and I let him in after I check. Oh course it’s always him, he’s the only one that ever comes over; the only person that I’ve talked to in 8 months, other than work. Anyways he comes over when we wants, when he’s lonely. I uselessly just drop my paints, bend over the couch and let him fuck me. But this time we, or rather I was laying on the my mattress. I don’t really like it this way because then he would see the cuts and scars on my thighs. He said he liked them, and he thinks there sexy. His hairy body press against me and I didn’t know how to feel about it. I never was one for human contact. As he finished I just stared at the ceiling and felt the warm cum inside me. He pulled out and left to take a piss. I just laid there naked not moving other then my chest for breathing. I wondered what he would do if I told him “I love you”. I didn’t really love him. I fact I don’t really feel anything at all, well I do a bit but it’s pretty blunt. I kept fantasizing about this as I got up and put on some gray sweatpants. He asks if I want a glass of water as I sit on the couch. “Yes” I say.

1/2

>> No.14661207

>>14661205
He brings one for each of us, and we stare at the TV as some late night 90’s sitcom reruns. The volumes not on but you can tell what’s happening. We keep watching and I feel myself saying the words “I love you”. He looks surprised and asks what I mean. I don’t answer and ask why he’s feeling so depressed. “I’m not” he says. “Then why have you been over 3 times this week?” I replied. He’s silent for a second then says “ It’s cold in the winter...what do you mean you love me.” I don’t answer him again, instead I’m wondering if I would ask him for some money for a jacket. He’s right winter is cold. “What do you mean Red?” He calls me Red on account of my hair. “What do you mean?” I just stare off into space. “RED!” I snap out of it and burst into tears. He gets up and grabs a blanket to through over my naked chest. He sits back down and plays with my hair as I cry into a pillow. I don’t know where the tires come from, they just build up for mouths and let loose like this. As I calm down he gets up for the door and asks if I want any pizza. “I don’t have any money” I say. “Don't worry” he says, and heads out the door. I feel guilty we people are nice to me like that. I feel like I should pay him back, maybe a blowjob. “No I have to stop paying with sex” I think to myself. “Shit” I realize I’m out of cigarettes, I jump up and run out of the apartment to the railing over the parking lot. “HAY GET ME SOME CIGARETTES!” I yell out. Ok I’ll have to give him a blowjob for that one.

2/2

>> No.14661453

>>14655635
how do I stop being bitter over my ex who dropped me like trash and got a new bf a week later, i don't think i'm gonna find anyone like her ever again..

>> No.14661459

>>14661207
It's all just delusions

>> No.14661462

>>14661453
You wait and do other things.

>> No.14661464
File: 83 KB, 970x545, C55FBF4B-D15E-4205-88E1-47BF099BDEF0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Man was not made to be this alone.

>> No.14661466

>>14661464
Why are you alone, then?

>> No.14661478
File: 117 KB, 1080x768, 1557425174369.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how to make sad and self hating thoughts go *poof* -?

>> No.14661480

>>14655635
Shut up pseud.

>> No.14661484
File: 62 KB, 720x703, EC7F8049-7AAB-4A90-B64E-906189AB83CA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14661466
Because I deceive people of my true, wretched nature. They always find out and then I never see them again, or they pretend to be my acquaintance out of pity.

>> No.14661496

>>14661484
Maybe they wouldn't hate your wretched nature so much if you hadn't deceived them about it. Have you tried honesty as an approach strategy? I heard a female acquaintance of mine say that, when she meets new people, she says to them her name and that she is a beguiling bitch, without the trace of a smile.

>> No.14661523

I dont know what im doing. I try to read out the solution but im probably going away from it. Not doing anything gives me anxiety.

>> No.14661535

>>14661462
I can't, I have classes with her and it sucks

>> No.14661623

being a virgin is a vicious cycle. i am social but i am stuck being the outsider weirdo and that puts women off. i can't approach women as a normal person. only as a damaged person, which is what i am but come on

>> No.14661625

>>14661535
This seems silly, but I have found it to be true. If you sit in class with her, concentrate, in your mind, as well as you can, on some sound, for example: OM (this particular sound is chosen by me just because it has a nice ring to it, any other sound will do just fine; there is no hidden meaning to it, it is just a vocalization in your mind: OM, and concentrating on it). At a certain point, you might feel: While I'm going crazy because of love sickness, I can concentrate on this OM sound, and it is as if, between all the confusion outside and inside of me, there is hidden in me something very calm, and all the confusion is like mist upon a lake which does not change the calmness of the water. You don't need to make any inquiries into why and how this feeling of calmness is possible and what its meaning is in the grand scheme of thing; you just rest in that feeling - very meditative. It gives you a certain, lasting perspective: the world is going crazy, but I, and probably all humans, have the innate ability to be calm during the storm, that is, to feel, for example, the extreme fear of my imminent death, but underneath it, calmness; and if you, in such a situation of strong emotion, forget about your innate calmness, you say in your mind reapetedly and slowly: OM, and you will, after some time, feel again: a, there is the calmness again, it was just hidden under the mist, it was there all the time. As I have said at the beginning, this might sound silly if your not into these kind of things. Maybe take it as a practice one might read in a book for nervous businessmen. No mysticism, just a thing that is possible for you too alleviate stress.

>> No.14661627

>>14661496
That works only if you're handsome or female

>> No.14661995

I'm so highly sensitive. The slightest tactile contact with woman will make me cum for sure.

>> No.14662295
File: 373 KB, 2048x1536, epr4jueuwaaznip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The realization that I would never have a kigu harem is making me suicidal

>> No.14662333

Ironing a shirt is the most /lit/ thing ever to do on the 4th of february.

>> No.14662337

>>14656228
t. never read Dilthey

>> No.14662436

>>14661478
Become aware of your thoughts, then you can let the nasty ones float by.

>> No.14662438

>>14661995
A purely theoretical consideration.

>> No.14662655

>>14662337
What would you recommend for someone who wants to get into Dilthey?

>> No.14662693
File: 527 KB, 750x829, DCA29D26-DC26-4198-A25F-DEED270A77C8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm never going to get a loving gf

>> No.14662771

I hate how it seems harder to express and idea in words then it would be to share an idea with another for it's own sake.

>> No.14662782
File: 33 KB, 657x527, bfff81b0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14662693
who cares

>> No.14662785

>>14662693
get back to /cum/ this instant, young man.

>> No.14662791

I've been shitting blood for the last two days and I'm not going to call an ambulance because this will likely be the easiest death I'll get the chance to have.

>> No.14662860

>>14662791
You've just been wiping your asshole too hard. You've got at least another 35 years to go, pally ;)

>> No.14662862

>>14662791
alcohol?

>> No.14662894

>>14662782
I care

>> No.14662958

>>14662693
Stop focusing on girls and your problem will be solved.

>> No.14663405

>trying to read in a quiet spot on campus
>two niggettes walk in, talking loudly about stupid shit and eating hot chips
>literally EVERYBODY who was in this quiet area who were reading or doing homework leave within the first 2 minutes of the niggettes arriving
Why is it only ever black people? Do they have no self awareness to realize they just desecrated this silent area? Do they not realize that everybody leaves when they arrive, or do they just not care?

>> No.14663629

>>14661459
>It's all just delusions
Yep, I was thinking about what it would be like to have Schizoid Personality Disorder.

>> No.14663646

>>14662958
ive tried this.. doesnt work

>> No.14664641

>>14663646
Why not, Anon? What keeps you in this state of mind?

>> No.14665040

Been thinking about the principium individuationis. (That fact whereby a subject experiences itself as a separate and unique entity from all the rest of existence.) All the troubles of life stem from this inner partitioning of reality, but it is also impossible to behave rationally without it. Schopenhauer believed that the principle of sufficient reason--the empirical, rational intellect that traces causality--was the source of this individuation. I must particularize and compare contrasting objects to think. If I viewed reality as a unity, as perhaps physics depicts it (Everything is a perturbation of fundamental fields and so on, the fields are what "really" exist and so on) my behavior would be seen as insane.

Yet the limits of one's own individuality are the prison walls of suffering. Individualism is therefore an insane cultural value when taken to extremes, as it denies the suppression of the instinct which divides self from other and provides, for example, the wonders of romantic love, or noble faith in an undying greater good.

>> No.14665049

>>14665040
> and provides
which provides

>> No.14665057

>>14661478
constant distraction from reality

>> No.14665065
File: 13 KB, 362x367, 1579943408931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14663405

>> No.14665644

>>14655635
When will we evolve past the sickness known as civilization?

>> No.14665649 [DELETED] 

>>14657589
Surpass society

>> No.14665655

>>14658153

haha woah there kiddo buddy son pal buckaroo, narcissist sociopathic toxic yeah man haha you polluted gay cunt go finger your bumhole with gloves on.

>> No.14665787

>>14655635
Maybe life is not such a terrifying thing.

>> No.14665836

>>14662655
Introduction to the social sciences

>> No.14665915

I hate writing proofs

>> No.14666035

No matter how blackpilled I become I can’t help thinking about how pretty much every aspect of my life would be better if I had a loving girlfriend at my side.
Drinking coffee and reading, but with a qt
Going for a walk around town, but with a qt
Relaxing in the bath, but with a qt
Staying up late watching anime, but with a qt

Ahhhh I want a gf so bad, we don’t even need to have sex I just want a companion.

>> No.14666291
File: 43 KB, 720x478, 1580881807145.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14655635
great op pic.
last thread i mentioned a lit server, here it is https://discord.gg/Yq8baVT
and here's a horse for you

>> No.14666612

>>14656787

How do Empirishitters - Anglos, Catholics, Buddhists - know their comprehension of the Empirical is not just as, or even more, faulty than their comprehension of the Rational?

>> No.14666723

>>14664641
you don't just forget about girls and improve in isolation until they are drawn to you. you need to be out honing your game and making connections.

>> No.14666761

I want to believe but i cant jump over rational mind

>> No.14666980

Hume writes: We can combine different ideas in our mind to create things that do not exist in the physical world. If we contrast an unreal object with a real object, e.g. a green-coloured moon and a normal-coloured moon, then the two ideas differ by a certain feeling that only occurs with the normal-coloured moon. Hume calls this feeling faith, and by this he means the belief in the reality of the thing. The normal-coloured moon has more weight, so to say, than the green-coloured moon, because we believe the one to be real and the other to be imagined. That is all.

>> No.14667092

I cannot read love stories in books because i've never been in love therefore it breaks my immersion.

>> No.14667099

>>14661623
Just lie to women all the time
If you feel bad about doing that you haven't met enough women

>> No.14667105

I have fallen into a trap
I have an apartment and a steady hut boring job
All I do is work, come home, eat, smoke weed and play video games
This is the most pathetic life you can have, the neet is better than me.
I will be quitting my job and travel to Rome with no particular plan, just to get inspired and blow some life into this lukewarm body

>> No.14667114
File: 144 KB, 1150x1100, 1580896706137.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14665040
Having a sense of individuality is a requirement for creating something of value, in my opinion. That being said, you are absolutely right.
>individualism is therefore an insane cultural value when taken to extremes, as it denies the suppression of the instinct which divides self from other
I believe that such people are afraid of taking responsibility for their actions.

>>14665644
This sounds interesting. What do you think is sickening about it, Anon?

>>14666035
Why exactly would everything be better? I had a girlfriend in the past and I felt more lonely than I do now. You need the right girlfriend, not just a girlfriend.
If you want a companion then try to be your own. Once you learn to feel content in your solitude you won't want to break out of it. At least that's what I believe. I'm stuggling with this myself, but I think that I'm getting there, albeit slowly.

>>14666723
I don't know about you Anon, but I'd rather stay alone than put on an act in order to attract someone.

>> No.14667375

I think about the kind of girl who would like me and I despise her for being so retarded.

>> No.14667382

>>14667375
Same. I'd start laughing uncontrolably if some girl say that she like me.

>> No.14667408
File: 495 KB, 1500x1500, 1580903212456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14667375
>>14667382
And despite that I still can't stop thinking about sex, even though I get so bored of it.

>> No.14667490

Women revere education, degrees, academic institutions. Men have drifted away, disillusioned. Is it as simple as the gender differences in appeal-to-authority thinking?

>> No.14667506

>>14655635
>Schleiermacher

Pretty sure he got btfo by Schoppy along with all the neo kantian hacks

>> No.14667509

What's the point of ontology? Like, what do I tell my father if he comes stomping into my library and demands an explanation?

>> No.14667541

>>14667490
The state is now the husband and father figure for women so it is natural they seek its approval.

>> No.14668040

Ive decided to take a break from writing last night and I'm already shitless that I've made a mistake.

do real writers take extended hiatuses? Especially real writers who still haven't had their big break yet at 27? Im stopping because my passion has burned out but my passion has been gone since august. am I ever going to get it back? even if I do, how long is it going to take me to get back on a regular writing schedule?

im so full of anxiety that I can't even relax

>> No.14668054

>>14667408
I dont think about sex at all. Sure maybe it would be fun but it involves being around other person so no.

>> No.14668320

>>14668040

oh god, ive done some research on what happens when you take a break.

Ive made a huge mistake

>> No.14668545

Why isn't she coming back?

>> No.14668861

>>14667114
Well when you consider life before society it was largely free. Sure you risked violence and there was hardly any safety net but there was also a lot more leisure time, and time to make things, and bond with your community. Society is an all encompassing thing. We no longer get to live for our own sake, but only in relationship to society. All our achievements and pathologies are determined by what society deems 'acceptable'. Think of how much more content we'd be without this pressure forced onto us. Society was necessary to develop us but now it's only become a yolk that weighs down our happiness and potential.

>> No.14668983

I was seriously annoyed with all this virus hysteria in the media but now I’m making bank off buying the dip in airline stocks and feel smug about the whole thing.

>> No.14669133
File: 1.83 MB, 2000x1485, 1558157206419.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I get better at mental watchfulness?
I know that thoughts are the gate to the heart and that by arresting a sinful thought before it can enter a sinful action can be prevented, but only on an academic level. The actual practice of such a thing escapes me, and I often end up allowing a fleeting desire to become a passion because I do not think to prevent it or consider its thought too deeply and let it seep into my heart.
How do I learn to control myself more fully?

>> No.14669161

>>14669133
Meditation. If that sound to oriental, call it prayer (though what you do is meditation).

>> No.14669194

>>14668861
While I do agree with everything you are saying, doesn't society weigh down only on a select few of us? Many people seem to be incapable of living without it, without being told what to do and what to think. They'd be lost without society. But who knows, maybe if something had happened to it they would learn how to be more independent.

>>14668040
Creating valuable art takes time, Anon. You can't force these things, writing is not an exact science.
Also it's better to write one good sentence in a week rather than entire pages of garbage in a day.

>>14669133
Try to abandon yourself. Not to the sinful thought, but to simply being, if that makes any sense. The harder you try to suppress those thoughts the more strength you give them.

>> No.14669196
File: 291 KB, 471x614, 96a7192787c6c810db35bd310dc2ec1f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what do you call it when an obvious flaw makes something more beautiful? like pic related, her eyes are too far apart so she kinda looks like sid from ice age but it works

>> No.14669262

>>14669196
dunno mate. abnormal beauty?

>> No.14669273

>>14669196
Men seem to like girls with far apart eyes. Maybe they look like docile prey or something

>> No.14669278

>>14666612
i'm convinced that empiricists are just people with poor memories and low verbal IQ = bad note taking

>> No.14669535
File: 76 KB, 882x960, 1568569817328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfa0PPPmmQM

>> No.14669546

everyone is normal except me.

>> No.14669576

>>14669194
I think society will always exist in some form. I just hope that someday it will be somewhat voluntary, as opposed to forced upon us by the state. Im worried we may have to wait for space travel for that to be feasible

>> No.14669664

I remembered today that as a child, my greatest desire was to be able to fast forward time and let some ghost run my body on autopilot through all the dreariness of life at school. Now I realise that I would happily fast forward through even the moments that are meant to be joyful. From the fag that's desperately in love with me asking my star sign, to the underage smokers holding each other on a street corner as the sirens go off behind me, it's all so very tiresome. There's nothing under the sun that can't instill in me great fear and misery. In other news I read No Longer Human on the train home from a Mongolian heavy metal concert, and it reminded me how much I want to die.

>>14669546
iktfatw

>> No.14669694

>>14669664
>how much I want to die.
why do you want to do it?

>> No.14669709

human nature is composed in such a way that an attentive observer will always find in himself a point that is absolutely calm. when he discovers this point, he is amazed at its size: for this point contains the whole world; as soon as the human mind realizes its inherent calmness, everything that passes through it becomes calm; but what passes through the human mind is the world. this knowledge of human nature is common to many philosophical and religious schools. isn't it worth it to believe for a week that human nature really is like that? and to go out this week in search of the calmness with which one was born, according to this teaching. maybe it really is true: how do you know it is not? and if it might be true, why not invest a little bit of your time?

>> No.14669867

>>14669694
I've tried being happy and it was just a cope. Out of the past 4 years, I was consistently happy for 2 months or so. And that happiness was only held afloat by my infinite narcissism. I can love myself to no end, but I've realised that I ultimately cannot love this world. I have no delusions of it being unfair or cruel to me, I simply cannot understand it's people. People love me, I love myself, by most psychologists standards I am therefore a healthy human being, but I am missing a love for others and a love for this world, and that can never be fixed. I have no intention of killing myself - I have a dog to love, but I would be quite satisfied if a mugging went wrong and I was the victim.

>> No.14669972

>>14667092
me too

>> No.14669986

>>14667092
>>14669972
You don't know how fortunate and unfortunate you've been.

>> No.14670208

Write what's on your penis

>> No.14670336

>>14669576
I hope we'll get to see that in our lifetime. We would have truly evolved as a species. Yet sadly society seems to be involving, seeing how more and more people are afraid of responsibility, afraid of commitment... And the problem is that they don't want to grow up and face those things.

>>14669867
I think that it is impossible to understand all people. I myself find it very hard to understand even a few. But that might be only because we have not yet met people with whom we can truly resonate with, not because there is something wrong. If you really can love yourself to no end and be content then I think that you have already achieved a lot.

>>14669709
That was a very interesting read, Anon! I'm sorry that I can't add anything to it, though.

>> No.14670363

My father is constantly bitching about how the government is manipulating the statistics about unemployment and inflation. Which may be true, but feels idiotic coming from a man who just purchased a new car in cash. Bitch the system is clearly working great for you, stop being so fucking greedy.

>> No.14670377
File: 16 KB, 300x400, {7FE2115D-DE24-46B6-A373-17776D8E0CD8}Img400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14655981
passions are fake and gay
here's a reading rec.

>> No.14670494

>>14670363
my father doesnt go to a gas station called quiktrip because he believes that they give less gas than advertised. He says that the gas flows very slow—slower than most—and that theyre secretly taking off oz's from his gas
he tells me to make sure i only go to racetrac bc of this

>> No.14670579

>>14670208
Your mom.

>> No.14670585

I finally learned how to study properly and university is so easy now holy shit.
I just got back into reading as well and have never felt better psychologically.
now I need a gf

>> No.14670725

>>14666291
Oh fuck is that based Moscow horse farm anon? How’s life friend?

>> No.14670904

a bird flew in through the window, taking laps around the room before settling on my desk. towers of blank paper teetering well past the fulcrum of falling and rested comfortably at an impossible angle. no glue here, the bird seemed to confirm as it hopped atop the third stack. the tiny addition of weight was more than was needed to set things in motion, first the stack bent downwards and slowly spread as the papers weight pushed out. the displacement of air slammed the window closed and i grabbed my cup of tea out of reflex and wondered how the bird maintained its balance on the now upside down stack of paper. next, the tower realigned itself on top of my desk in a much neater fashion than before. the bird, distressed by the sudden actions, hopped off and onto the mahogany burl laminate right beside my teacup. its deep brown eyes glared at me. i did not know how to respond, for the beak is not as expressive as the mouth of humans. going by just the eyes, i concluded it wanted the window open. as i prepared to rise from my seat the bird climbed onto the rim of my teacup. i was not fond of the germs birds carry so i opened the window and tipped my cup over to let the bird and the tea out of my sight. unfortunately the bird and the tea stayed within my hand, unaffected by gravity. quite puzzled, i stepped away from the window and took a sip of the bird. "i recommend using a cup for your beverage before fretting about a coaster for said cup." the bird tweeted wistfully. sitting back down at my desk, i began reading the towers of paper. a long way to go

>> No.14671012

I wish I had the willpower and knowledge to live on my own in the wilderness, far from society.

>> No.14671016

>>14665915
I like writing proofs.

>> No.14671017

Does anyone know of the AI chan that posts here sometimes? I've seen him post a big list of weird science fiction phenomena and other topics/scenarios, then other posters inquire about any of them. He would then answer in character of future being or AI and give wiki links.

I remember one of the topics was about the sunlight that's captured in photographs. How a being or future machine could tell time/date/location in solar system and other information just by that particular light that is captured in a photograph. There were many other topics.

>> No.14671023

>>14655635
I could die right now with no regrets.

>> No.14671120

I feel bad for bitching too much because I know my life is significantly easier than most people’s, but fuck me am I lonely. I just want one proper friend, that’s all I ask for.

>> No.14671126

>tfw realizing that no girl I've actually dated has ever been white
>both of my previous girlfriends were Mexican
>am now on the verge of dating an Asian girl

I am the Colonizer meme come to life.

>> No.14671128

>>14671120
>I just want one proper friend
Do you feel you're too superior to befriend people? Or that too inferior that others refuse to befriend you?

>> No.14671178

>>14671128
I don’t know if I’d say I feel superior to people, but I do feel a distance from them on account of having spent so much time alone and not socializing. I feel inferior in the sense that I don’t know how to befriend or grow relationships with people, the last time it felt natural was in elementary school. I didn’t adjust well to middle school and lost all my friends and got bullied, I’ve been playing catch up ever since.

>> No.14671604
File: 34 KB, 1024x576, sur3zylajo6fmnc4gygd6ryfftu5kprl_hq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/lit/ I'm having a fucking academic-related meltdown and I want to scream over it.

>be older grad student
>took years off between undergrad and grad school, worked some jobs, lived in NYC for a while
>got the hankering to go to grad school and get an MA in English Lit to advance myself as a writer and maybe get a better job
>passed all the credit hour coursework with a breeze
>aced all my comparative literature exams
>feel no pressure about my thesis, know I could write it in a week if I wanted to
>all that's left is the foreign language requirement
>HATE HATE HATE foreign languages, have always struggled with them going back to high school and earlier
>just barely scraped by with Latin as an undergrad
>told myself I could do some self-study in Latin and then maybe take a 3000-level course, pass it, and check my requirement off
>actually get into the course
>it's all fucking gobbledygook, I can't sight-read worth a shit and I know nothing instinctive about the various uses of the various cases
>course has multiple quizzes and tests that I already know I'm going to fail

I feel like somebody's dynamited the road in front of me. If I can't pass my foreign language requirement I can't get my Master's degree, but I don't think I have the language skills in ANY other language, ancient or modern, to check the box off. I am completely and totally at a loss here, /lit/. I'm not really looking for advice, I just needed to type all this out to vent.

>> No.14671618

>>14671604
Why would you pick fucking Latin? Even the actual geniuses struggle with that. Drop the course, get the book French for Reading by Karl C. Sandberg, and do French instead. Much easier.

>> No.14671677

>>14656332
Ok Ruby da Cherry

>> No.14671953

Throughout the entirety of history, there has been no one who has been more alone and betrayed than Christ. Forced into this wretched world, chosen by God to suffer for man’s sins, betrayed by his own friend and forced to die in the most slow and painful way; he was the most unfortunate man to ever walk the earth.

Christ, nothing more than a pawn in a great cosmic game that was planned out at the beginning of time. Betrayed by the people he was supposed to save, betrayed by his own father… yet he still loved them. How is such love possible? Is Jesus Christ not amor fati personified? Did he not completely accept the world and everything it entails?

Christ, a man who had faith in the goodness of humanity, how he believed that the world could be merciful. To what great lengths God must have gone to deceive him in such a way.

Only after enduring humiliation, mockery, suffering and death did Christ ascend beyond the realm of man and into the Kingdom of God. We should take this as a lesson; greatness is born of pain and solitude, of sleepless nights of unbearable insomnia and late hours of solitary suffering. Once you have gone through days where you completely lack all will, and wish only to die, for it all to be over; only after you have endured these nights, days and hours will you rise to greatness.

It is by enduring these moments that we pull back the curtain which conceals the truth of existence, that we pierce the veil of illusion that characterizes daily living. What do we see behind this curtain? What d
We look deep into the abyss and find that we are not only staring at the nature of the cosmos, but also at the nature of ourselves, for we are, as Stirner put it, “creative nothings.” We create ourselves out of nothing, we create our values out of nothing, we are born of nothing. This is the greatest form of humiliation; discovering that we are, at our very core, nothing. Once this realization has entered the mind, there is no relinquishing it. It is something that we must under for the rest of our lives; we must learn to endure the nothingness that it is us.

>> No.14671959

>>14671953

The figure of Jesus Christ serves as a symbol for those who suffer due to their greatness. The lonely poets, the melancholic musicians, the regretful revolutionaries. The midnight wanderers who water the soil with their tears while writing works of nihilistic prose and poetry, the painters who, incapable of sleep, remain in a state of semi awareness, standing all night in front of a canvas, splattering melancholic colors across an empty world that is soon to be populated by trees and mountains, rivers and forests, whose brushes are guided by the light of the moon. Those musicians who sit at docks in the dark of night and strum sad tunes on their instruments as they watch the water ripple gently and feel the soft wind in their hair.

Jesus Christ, not King of the Jews, but King of the Sufferers; King of those who dedicate and sacrifice themselves while creating art and philosophy that will serve to comfort all those who suffer like they do, comfort them, inspire them to actualize their greatness and embrace their suffering.

Unlike Christ, our suffering will not come to a definitive end; it may end temporarily, but it will start again. The ascent into heaven must be followed by a great fall back to earth and into the depths of hell, which in turn will be followed by another ascent. It is an eternal cycle that is characterized by warfare and struggle.o we find behind the veil? A pit of eternal darkness, a nothingness so nauseating that it makes our heads spin in circles, an abyss so deep it would take an eternity to reach the bottom.

>> No.14671962

>>14671959

On sleepless nights I am consumed by my thoughts, I am cut and scratched and devoured by them; they burn me and set me ablaze, they reduce me to dust and ash. I wish to escape them, but cannot… I must endure them. I must endure myself.

I like to wander the streets at night. I like to listen to the low, ever present buzzing of electricity that permeates the air. I can never escape it, no matter what I do. I plug my ears, and I hear it. I listen to music, I hear it. I speak, and I hear it. I can do nothing but try and distract myself from the fact that it will always be with me. No matter where I go, the low electronic buzz of modernity will always be by my side. Friends may betray me, family members may die, but the sounds of modernity will never abandon me…

To look upon the world, and to see not only that all of its various parts come together to form a whole, but also that you are one of those parts, one of those eternally moving cogs in a machine that never sleeps, a machine that forever hums its silent soliloquy throughout the darkness of the void and chaos - to see that it all amounts to nothing, and that you too amount to nothing. To tap into the never ending monologue of time and eternity, to be devoured by it. To become one with the great horror show that is the cosmos - in other words, to die - that is the most courageous thing a human being can do.

I find it hard to believe that the life I live is not some form of punishment for some misdeed that I committed in a past life. Everything conspires against me, from the branches that scratch at my window at night, keeping me awake, to the people who deceive and hurt me, the people who use me, lie to me, manipulate me, and leave me in the dirt when they have everything they want from me.

Human beings, the most horrifying creatures to ever walk the earth; walking contradictions, animals that are capable of advanced thought, of self reflection… and so we reflect, we think, and we do not like what we find. We are terrified of what we find within ourselves. What other animal is capable of uncovering its true nature? And what other animal would, if it were to uncover its true nature, shriek with terror and despair at what it had found?

I do not trust myself, not one bit - so how am I supposed to trust others? How am I expected to trust others? If I have learned one thing it is this; you cannot trust people, most of all yourself.

Suddenly, a thought comes to me; I reach for it, grasp at it, attempt to take it within my palms, but the moment I have my fingers wrapped around it, it dissipates. Where has it gone? Will it ever return? What was it? Where did it come from? Was it ever there to begin with?

Suddenly, another thought comes to me, and again I try and grasp it, but alas, it leaves my mind as fast as it entered.

>> No.14672665

Don't ever mix Gin with Cider lads, it's like drinking perfume.

>> No.14673593

I've seen myself in the reflection of a rock pipe, I've reflected on myself and found unspeakable things. I've looked at my reflection and despised who I saw and I see the love I feel for every last human when I see people embrace.

When we walked up the hill under the stars you told me how there were no stars, only the light of stars that were a million years ago. I pretended not to notice the small smile you were giving me. My grey Nikes reflected the light of the skyscrapers that acted as angels.I sighed as the smoke left my mouth and the tears stayed in my eyes.
And for a moment, there were no reflections.
And we were one.

>> No.14673650

I feel like the loneliness really has transformed me. Has eaten away at me, is devouring the rest of my personality.
It's crippling. I am no longer interested in things, I am just lonely. I don't want to achieve anything, I am just lonely. I don't have any projects, I am just lonely. I don't want to understand anything anymore, I am just lonely. I don't have many opinions anymore, I am just lonely.
The problem with that is that people aren't interested in a guy who is just lonely and nothing more. I don't have anything to talk about anymore. I no longer have the patience to discuss literature, art, or philosophy. I no longer find joy in sports or games or other entertainment. I have become a thoroughly dull and uninteresting person, and it is no mystery to me why I haven't managed to find people who would like to spend time with me lately.

>> No.14673950

I've met a few angels. The youngest one gave all of herself to me and I just couldn't take the last bit her of innocence. Most men didn't or don't care and that's alright, men can break too. The oldest was fighting a demon and his battle was almost over. He showed me that honesty and sincerity are more important than being important. And sibling rivalries are a good thing.

The last asked that I be saved and she was so beatiful and caring and knew exactly what to do.

I am calm.

>> No.14675227

Bump

>> No.14675232

>>14675227
Why not let it die?

>> No.14675980 [DELETED] 
File: 894 KB, 1687x1687, E3106F07-F608-46B3-A76F-7F4DFAD00ED1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14655635
fuck

I just browsed aroung on /cgl/ and the amount of cute girls makes me suicidal. There are so many girls I would have followed around but never said anything to in high school. Maybe its not even that they are cute, maybe its just that they put pride in their appearance, they have these dainty elaborate dresses and outfits and shit. I wake up and put on 1 of 4 pairs of jeans I own, wear a graphic t shirt and the same converse shoes I have been wearing for 2 years. I wear the same exact fucking sweatshirt I've had since I was 15. My hair is a greasy mess. I'm the most generic looking autist ever and comparing myself to these women who actually seem to have a drive in their appearance makes me feel ashamed.

>> No.14676025

>>14675980
That's a dude. He even has a 5 O'Clock shadow.

>> No.14676245

My professors are attractive, but I won't let that get in the way of my studies. But I'll just say, god I wish I had a qt /lit/ gf. But work comes first.

>> No.14676257
File: 112 KB, 643x800, our-lady-of-the-rosary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw prayed a 54-day novena last year that I would become a great writer and a great poet
>tfw I think it may actually have worked

>> No.14676780

I think that with my life I’d like to write lots of stories that bring happiness to people. That seems like a nice thing to do.

>> No.14677282

so i met this cute boy on omegle who is a total normie but somehow he's taken an interest in me because im not the typical hot shallow bitch he goes for. idk how i feel about him because he keeps talking to me about his will to self perfection and doing all these disciplined tasks like abstaining from alcohol, porn, blah blah (lowkey get phony vibes from him but omg he is so cute) and never missing a day at the gym or some other macho talk. he doesnt browse 4chan but somehow read and loved the 12 rules for life, also i feel that he may be somewhat less intelligent than me since he is not a marxist. and all intelligent people are marxists, it's just how it is.

i dont know. he is a mega cutie but he kept talking about wanting a gf who's into 3somes and im a weird virgin who holes up at home spreading socialist propaganda.

we'll probably not make it within a week but im bored and i like the attention from a mega cutie. wish me luck boys

>> No.14677524

>>14656817
I really wish he ran for a third term instead of handing over the baton to Taft. Instead, he pulled a 180 and ran again as a third party candidate four years later only to hand over the presidency to the WORST president of the 1900s, Woodrow Wilson. Ironic.

>> No.14677632

>>14677524
>WORST president of the 1900s, Woodrow Wilson.
How so?

>> No.14678111

>>14677282
I'm pretty sure larping as an alt-left fembot is a pretty good indicator that you need some sort of therapy/medication, especially when the typical (You)'s from your isolation threads in /r9k/ start to lose their luster and you begin seeking validation in unrelated threads on other forums. Not judging you dude, just sort of concerned

>> No.14678133

>>14677632
Worst of that century was definitely FDR given the unprecedented ballooning of the federal government into the power-heavy tyrannical overseer it is today, not even a contest really.

>> No.14678136

>>14678111
savage + accuracy + trips = holy based

>> No.14678144

>>14678133
Nah yall are sleeping on my boy JC like that.
FDR definitely second worst tho

>> No.14678439
File: 24 KB, 500x422, 1529504419257.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>no more girl having sex with me every night
>can fart whenever i want

>> No.14678515
File: 88 KB, 768x1024, charlie-chaplin-moustache-and-eyebrows23101.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14678439
>girls having sex with me every night
>fart whenever i want

>> No.14678522

>>14678439
I dont understand having sex with other people. I wonder how much girl has to like you that she would let you to penetrate her.

>> No.14679269

>>14657610
With a little work, this could become part of some villain's and/or crazy person's dialogue.

Obviously doesn't stand on its own, but at least it provides a point to work off of. Inspires a lot of interesting questions.

>> No.14679287

>>14657657
Save money. Things will be expensive.

>> No.14679293

>>14678522
Go back to fucking India pajeet

>> No.14679962

I think I would like to return to graduate school, but I have absolutely no interest in continuing my chosen field of study and I don’t know what to do about it. I’m starting to obsess over it.

>> No.14680135

>>14678133
Noooooo the government can’t do things for its citizens that’s bad!!!!!!!

>> No.14680158

trap porn is undermining my sexuality and I am addicted to it.

>> No.14680386

>>14670377
I'm not the anon you replied to but I share similar sentiments, thanks for the rec. A little dubious of your claim desu.

>> No.14680445

Like the beautiful bodies of those who died before growing old,
sadly shut away in sumptuous mausoleum,
roses by the head, jasmine at the feet -
so appear the longings that have passed
without being satisfied, not one of them granted
a single night of pleasure, or one of its radiant mornings.

>> No.14680669
File: 804 KB, 1364x2048, 360ECFB7-93D5-4C36-B621-9B8DE6CC1E78.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If I ever have a son his given name will be holden and his middle name will be caulfield. What do you guys think of that

>> No.14681076

I have a hard time understanding Plato's "Parmenides". I have to read some passages for more than five times in order to grasp the basic meaning of it, and some things still elude me. This is by far the hardest work I've read. There is so much to information to process, and so much sophistics, it's overwhelming.

>> No.14681078

>>14679293
Not a pajeet

>> No.14681086

Why is it that children have the saddest books and movies? Just read the little prince and I’m crying anons

>> No.14681127

>>14655635
I write to cope over my inability to either change or accept the life I have, and I enjoy my writings and have to say I consider myself a good writer

>> No.14681157

>>14680669
would be based if you'd do it with your baby girl

>> No.14681241

>>14680669
ur mom's given name is holden and her middle name is deeznutz

>> No.14681618

>have to take an intercity bus from my campus to my hometown to visit my family
>I'm working on some music when a qt girl sits by my after a stop on a city that I had never heard of
>my battery dies and I take a nap, knowing that I wouldn't have the confidence to start a conversation
>I wake up and just sit there awkwardly
>five minutes before we arrive at our destination, she asks me about the music and starts talking about the trip and some other random stuff
>she goes on commenting something about the city while we are getting off the bus and I just nod along
>we say goodbye and that's it
>I will probably never see her again
I tanked because I did not want to explain I was working on a soundtrack for an imaginary movie. Books that will help me cope with this?

>> No.14681832

>>14681618
No worries bro I probably would have been the same. I think I would be afraid to move even if a woman ad er hands down my pants

>> No.14682514
File: 24 KB, 288x499, Kornheiser_Why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've recently started dating a girl, and now a close friend who rejected me last year has seemingly gotten jealous of the new girl.

>> No.14682543

>>14682514
Most girls are followers and will only consider a man attractive if other women do also. She is also pissed off that she has lost an orbiter to give her attention for free.

>> No.14682546

My best friend of 15 years got addicted to heroin and died from an overdose. I cut out the rest of my old friends because they were losers & have yet to make anything other than acquaintances.

The scariest thing about losing him is the feeling that I might not meet another friend with similar disposition, and I can only get so close to a guy that doesn’t share my disposition.
>confident
>ambitious
And especially
>openness
>sense of brotherhood / masculine
>touch of dark triad

That’s in descending order. For me, the last three are mutually inclusive. The last one is the most important, but the hardest to find. On one hand, I come across covert narcissists with a thin, yet unbreakable veneer of (Christian) morality. I find these people the most gross, it’s like an uncanny valley. They don’t really care about anything, but can’t help but posture like they do.

I think of all of the jokes and sense of humor that developed over the years with me and my friend. All of the shared experiences that built our friendship. It’s all gone. He died a little over a year ago and I think about him every day. The future seems less vibrant without the prospect of him in it. He was my in-group. Now it’s just me

>>14655981
Not having a passion is probably a result of not thinking enough. To think is to have ideas and to want to change things. That’s a passion.

Also depression could be an inhibitor. Not having a girlfriend. Depressive realism comes from not having any confidence

>> No.14682709

>>14682543
Yeah, she's a turbo-autist though, so I'm disappointed that she has the lizard brain.

>> No.14682711

>>14670585
How does one study properly?

>> No.14682794

>>14655635
Is there a philosopher that explains physics in terms of neoplatonism (or vice versa)? Specifically general relativity?

>> No.14682817

>>14677524
He probably would have won the presidency in 1920 if he hadn't fucking died in the Amazon River Basin. Poor TR, in the end he was too much of himself to survive.

>> No.14682893

I miss the sense of captivating awe I used to feel when looking at pictures of foreign places as a kid. That age when there are still things you haven't seen, and to look at a picture of Shanghai at night is to peek into a world completely foreign and unfamiliar. I feel like I've seen everything. I know obviously that I have not, but I feel like that sense of mystery is lacking. It is hard to "blow my mind" anymore.

It's a kind of tragedy. As a kid, such images inspired me to travel as soon as I could - and having travelled now I feel like I've removed the mystique.

>> No.14682992 [DELETED] 

Is calling a girl thrifty an insult?

>> No.14684183
File: 21 KB, 450x473, 939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>articulate a barely complex thought on any board other than /lit/
>zoomers freak out that it's inscrutable

Have I been spoiled by /lit/?

>> No.14684548

>>14682711
It's probably different for different people, but my new method is:
>get proper amount of sleep
>get big desk calendar
>in the first week of classes, write down everything in it off the syllabus, all tests, all lecture modules, and large assignments
>include outside activities like your work schedule
>make a written plan for study on this big calendar
>copy big calendar into phone calendar with reminders
>depending on the class, these plans can be self imposed deadlines for essay and project drafts, and chunks of information that needs to be known for stem courses
>hand write notes in class
>after each day of classes, go home and review notes
>if you have more time, tidy these and type them while reviewing and look back at class recordings or PowerPoints if your professor posts those
>split up large readings and make notes on them while you read
>review these before the next class
>for classes that require a lot of memorization, use Anki and schedule it at least in two day intervals until your test
>for difficult stem courses do all of the practice problems you are offered and find outside resources or office hours to truly understand concepts as soon as you begin to struggle(I used to just assume I would figure things out in class and that rarely worked out well)
It's all about splitting things into small chunks. The planning stage takes a while but it really pays off. You don't even need to study that much each day if you go lecture by lecture. I knew this for years and ignored it but you have to write it down. Also, finding times that you are more productive helps too. I work best in the morning and slow down in the afternoon so I try to do as much as I can in the mornings.
Setting a specific study place is helpful as well. I tend to get distracted in my apartment so I go to the quiet floor of the library where my computer is facing outwards. I don't want to dick around online where others can see so I'm motivated to actually work.

>> No.14684719
File: 181 KB, 1200x827, Eye.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Eyes. For me eyes are quintessence of human being. I think of them as a main device connecting oneself with outside world. Their bizarre patterns and deep colours mesmerizing, their always searching and piercing gaze fascinating. Even death brings a new sorrowful spin with its murky, empty look. Gazing into someone eyes is like looking at their most vulnerable form, naked, pure. The act feels so intimate that it's hard for me to maintain prolonged eye contact.

Is it natural to feel embarrassment when meeting gazes with another person?

>> No.14684979
File: 128 KB, 937x361, 9879.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is Sadler such a fucking weirdo?

>> No.14685182

>>14671178
That to me shows that you don't feel that you are either. Not superior, not inferior, just different. I feel the same way, even though I haven't been bullied. I was decent at making small talk about a year ago. Now I can't seem to be able to speak anymore.

>>14673650
>it is no mystery to me why I haven't managed to find people who would like to spend time with me lately
I'm struggling with this as well. So far I've been wondering whether it would be possible to get rid of this solitude by shifting the want to be with someone into a want to be with ourselves. I don't exactly know how this works out long term, however. Routines turn unfulfilling after a while. There's only so much you can do, especially if you are poor.

>>14676780
What kind of stories do you think bring happiness to people?

>>14680445
Beautifully expressed!

>>14671017
Can you tell me about some of those other topics?

>> No.14685357

>>14655635
The subtle, delicate hierarchy of applied predictions creating this text on your screen are merely the phenotype of blunt empiricism. The small, focused group responsible for it have no concept of you, or me, or anyone else who would use their tools. They float blindly through the most beautiful architecture, recounting what they remember in crude metaphors to well meaning scribes. Through painstaking trial and error, this relationship becomes cartography. A young, motivated person might come across this map. What will they do with it? Will they lose focus when the jealous call their journey a matter of faith? Some will. Some won't. It's here waiting for you. For me. These shapes are an invitation.

Can we add to the map?

>> No.14685443
File: 82 KB, 748x546, 2020-02-08-191539_748x546_scrot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14684979
yikers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3lPHxbAlh0

>> No.14685459

Do normies really not care about their partner's sexual history or is it just socially unacceptable to admit it?

>> No.14685493

>>14673593
Really nice anon

>> No.14685517

>>14685459
If you haven't understood the profiles you don't want to deal with have been filtered out before the first date and without explicitly asking anything you have a lot to learn about how dating behaviors operates. Most of the work is done implicitly and even unconsciously.

>> No.14686288

>>14685443
I can't stand passive aggressiveness.

>> No.14686316

>>14655635
:)

>> No.14687012
File: 139 KB, 1223x1223, 1581028585632.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14677282
>and all intelligent people are marxists

Yeah hard no on that. keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel validated. They fact you even said that shows us how unintelligent you really are.

>> No.14687427

>>14655635
All I am is a creature full of fuck yous and let's fucks. Strangled by boredom, fuck boredom. Strangled by existence, fuck existence. I am beyond boredom and beyond existence. Strangled by expectation to procreate and provide. Fuck procreation, fuck providing. I am that which is beyond meaning. I am nothing.

>> No.14687474
File: 8 KB, 296x170, 6D89DA6F-6F32-4B59-B756-7B656004E56E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you want to know about my fantasy world sex world?
If we assume that reality is a series of simulations engineered by a godlike intelligence we can assume that there is a server for porn. To this godlike intelligence it would be no different than pornhub is to us but to humans this would be the garden of eden but for sex.
No one knows how to get to sex world but people have been. Possibly because the godlike intelligence simply felt like placing them there or there was a glitch in the system. Sex world is so good that when humans come back to earth after having been there they kill themselves because nothing will ever be as good, earth life will only be suffering when compared to the obliterating ecstasy of sex world.
So sex world is pleasurable because there is so much sex but the world itself is dangerous and hard to live in.. their politics are a mess... the mental health of many citizens is horrible... this is sex world. Because of all the tyranny and starvation people have sex to escape.
Anyways there is more I could talk about but I’m a little shy. Anyway. Do you like sex world

>> No.14687496

>>14669196

Unconventional beauty
Unconventional attractiveness

>> No.14687770

I think Peter Sloterdijk looks like the male version of Frau Vege.

>> No.14687875

Is it possible to keep a diary that doesn't make you cringe in retrospect? I've written entries intermittently since my late teens and I'm now in my 30s. There isn't one page that doesn't make me cringe when I reread it now, even allowing for the immaturity of youth.

>> No.14687914

>>14687875
I only write down my most important thoughts. A while ago I took a look at entrees from a few years ago. Some of them I now reject as weak and untrue, but nevertheless interesting. The others construe the backbone of my worldview, so they weren't anything surprising, but still interesting to see how I got to the place I am today.

>> No.14687932

>>14687875
Diaries aren’t cringe you’re just insecure

>> No.14688735

I’ve had no semblance of self control for the past 6 years and am therefore unable to conceptualize any sort of future for myself but self destruction. I can’t formalize realistic goals that would culminate in a greater meaning for my life. I’m merely a slave to myself who’s able to squeeze out a few gasps for help every now and then that every time are snuffed in confrontation with the insurmountability of what they face. I toil forward with a false ideal of improvement just beyond my arm’s reach I know I will chase to my grave. I’ll pass unseen in this world in the same sad way millions before me and millions after me do. No great effort fought in vain here, just pathetic degeneracy. I, like so many other men today, exist as a blip that will pop in then out of existence at random. I know my deterministic outlook on life is harmful to me and that it is mostly cope. I’m a fool, with delusions of grandeur ripping through my brain and mocking me with their fantastical grins, removing me further from reality. I spend all day here clinging to a simulacrum of socializing as the real world blurs further. I reach no critical point of action forcing change, that’s for the brave I merely imagine myself to be. Suicide would be honorable but I still hold the illusion of making it one day. This illusion produced for me by the mechanisms that benefit from my depression. For in my low state I am easily sold a quick escape from my situation, and a further kicking down the road of the day I say no more thus exacerbating everything. I wish to die, but the world would rather string me along as an inanimate corpse. Writing all this provides me nothing. No comfort and no tools for change. Isolation truly is the cruelest of all things. I crave destruction of everything.

>> No.14689477
File: 16 KB, 428x424, 1550817650881.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just showed my dick to some cute guy who asked for it and he's not texting back. I guess there's a first time for everything

>> No.14689478

God I love Arthur Rackham

>> No.14689480

>>14687875
You're supposed to embrace the cringe because that feeling's how you deal with your past and grow

>> No.14689567

>>14689477
First time a sent a girl a dick pick she rated it "9/10 long but not super long, and really really thick scared about if it would fit because of the girth".

The fact she didn't rate it 10/10 and said "long but not super long" shattered me and I have not recovered my confidence since.

>> No.14689578

>>14655635
"good" women have never posted pictures of themselves on the internet.

>> No.14689593

>>14689567
You must have not been so confident then. I'm pretty underconfident myself, but if a girl tells me my dick looks nice or is "about the right size" that's enough for me. In fact a 9/10 would have made me feel empowered to hit at any girl no matter how attractive for the entire following week.

Confidence is self-hypnosis, you've got to learn how to prop yourself up with little things.

>> No.14689599

>>14687875
It's a matter of distance. My diary entry from up to one year ago feel decent. Conclusion: never read a diary entry older than one year old, except if you're assuming in advance that you will cringe to death, so that you're likely to not cringe as much as expected.

>> No.14689603

I'm going insane. I know this because I have huge goddamn blinders in my cognitive abilities and go months without being able to recognize huge problems in my life. I'm incredibly socially isolated. I disrespect others and think "it's okay" because I don't desire respect or friendship. My parents are baffled by everything I do. In the rare moments of self-awareness I have I am too. I'm a person who spent their whole life daydreaming and did nothing. I am the person who wakes up when they're 40 and wonders what happened. I'm 29, in case you were wondering. I spent the last 10 years working part time. Who does that? Only a retard. On the upside I did meet all my reading goals I set for myself. But at what cost?

>> No.14689620

The average /r9k/ poster deserves to be spat on and beaten. Why don't we hate these people more? Disgusting fucking robots. Fucking revolting freaks. They're hated for good reason. Nobody likes them for a reason. They deserve to be locked in their rooms and closets and kept away from civilized people. Disgusting trash.

>> No.14689654

>>14689603
You have at least a year to hit 30 as a respectable human being. That's how I see it. I've lived the same life, but I'm 26. Start now.

>> No.14689687

>>14689654
I think only medication will save me now, not some grand transformation of character, due to my lack of willpower and tendencies towards apathy. Will get a psychologist appointment as soon as possible.

>> No.14689698

>>14689620
I understand your rage anon but hating them won't help anyone. They need help, some of them are still relatively healthy young men who could contribute to something other than whiny posts and cringy overplayed memes.

>> No.14689873

>>14689620
Do not judge them.

>> No.14689879

>>14689620
Projection

>> No.14689924

Now that I discovered that reading philosophy requires a proper headspace. Like, last night I read Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit in my own room, smoothly without any difficulty, compared to several months ago I read it for the first time in the train. Now I resume my reading again in the afternoon that I lost it again. It's fucking insane. Is it because of the chapter difficulty or innumerable factors influencing my very being on several planes of existences? Fuck.

>> No.14690049

>>14689924
Hegel was an entity from a higher plane trying to express concepts we cannot natively understand. read it again.

>> No.14690093

>>14682546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVx1mJDeUjY
I'm on ketamine and listening to this song right now. When we were like 17 or 18, me and dead friend would do e and listen to electronic music, and deciding which walkout music we'd choose if we were fighting in UFC.

We (humans) are our mind. You can take away everything else, and we'd still be Us. Our mind exists because of our brain, but it could exist in the brain of another. When you know someone well, their mind - which is to say them as a person - is literally in you. The only reason why you don't gain consciousness within the people you know is because it's a relatively small anchor. But it is still you. For my friend, his mind within my mind is almost all he has left on this world.
I think it is possible to make that conscious anchor larger. I'd like to put his anchor in someone else, then make them dissociate so all that is left in them is him. Revive him like Lazarus.

>> No.14690096

I'm so tired I don't want to work any more.

>> No.14690106

>>14690096
You are mortal. You will toil.

>> No.14690121

>>14690106
I just wish my toil mattered. I wish I did something not everyone could do and that I mattered. I have a degree yet I do a job which disabled people could do as well as I do.

I am envious of my friends who have achieved success yet I am stuck.

>> No.14690133

>>14690121
In the past people got stuck doing even more bullshit jobs, at least leisure is possible now.

>> No.14690146

>>14690133
I don't see how it is. I can't afford smoking or fancy coffee, yet I work 40 hours a week. I could never afford a holiday, yet my friends are travelling the world with their hot girlfriends. They don't hate work, they enjoy it because they are surrounded by other talented intelligent people. I am not inferior to these people, so why am I living like a rat?

>> No.14690153

>>14690121
Then change your fucking job?
Literally, learn to code. Go to coding meetups.