[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 741x568, 3146076hjghghjgj9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14587568 No.14587568 [Reply] [Original]

how the fuck do you weirdos read whole books in a single day? Seriously, how? I'm reading the Fellowship of the Ring. I started it like 3 weeks ago and am only 200 pages in. And that's a book that has sucked me in. I'm at the part where the Black ones attacked, and they left the inn with Strider. I really get into that world when I'm reading it but to read the entire fucking thing in a day?

How do you do that?

>> No.14587644

linger for a while and smoke a few cigarettes in the smoke room at the airport before you board and your book will be finished by the time you land.

>> No.14587806

>>14587568
Firstly, most people don't read a book a day. Secondly, books have different lengths and levels of difficulty. Some books are fifty pages. (Ex. Descartes Meditations.) There's also different kinds of reading. Speed reading is a whole different thing then regular reading. You can speed read almost any book in a day, and it'll help with reading faster and even give a kind of quick skimming of the book. To sit down and fully read takes time, as it should, because you're supposed to think about it. It's a sign of a bad book to drift off in thought randomly, but a great book to drift off in thoughts the direction the book intends.

Also, you get quicker with practice. Read a lot, you'll read quicker. Use spreeder too. Read How To Read A Book by Adler. It's actually rather helpful.

>> No.14587816

the more you read the more you read.