[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 504x504, 1570310116374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14519503 No.14519503 [Reply] [Original]

>The deep roots of inclinations, faiths, atavisms, invincible and irrational convictions; habits, character, everything that lives in you as animal instinct or as biological legacy; all the body's will; the blind thirst for life, yearning to generate, to preserve, and to continue itself—all this reconnects and merges into the same principle. In relation to it, you usually have the same freedom of a chained dog: you may not feel the chain, and think you are free until you try to go beyond a certain limit. But when you do that, the chain tautens and stops you. Otherwise, it deceives you: you move in a circle, without realizing it.
Can you recommend any other books about how man is only superficially free and how this can be overcome so I don't kill myself?

>> No.14519508

>>14519503
The will to escape the chain is just another instance of the chain jerking you about, it's only another direction. You know there's no way out of this

>> No.14519542

>>14519508
What do I do if I cannot be free?
And why?