[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 307 KB, 621x807, 450E2003-6CE1-47A3-901F-053B728A36DA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14482207 No.14482207 [Reply] [Original]

What are you procrastinating on? edition

>> No.14482236
File: 31 KB, 678x710, F0C11FBD-95B3-4746-BFDF-502AF6F2FC1F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have like 5 papers to write but I just want to jerk off and play video games. Modernity was a mistake

>> No.14482263

I'm waiting for the pastry to rest. It just looks like procrastination.

>> No.14482272

>>14482207
would it be bad for me to use a foreign name as a penname? i actually speak the language it comes from.

>> No.14482990

>>14482272
What language would that be

>> No.14483129
File: 333 KB, 859x1024, 1576970303773.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The fun of the winter break is coming to an end and I can feel apathy and monotony rear their ugly heads.

>> No.14483159

seeing my family always reminds me how much I'm changing. They are all smart, happy people, and I am not that. The more time I spend alone, the more I notice myself bringing awkward silences and making my family unhappy. I don't know what to do other than rope, but that scares me. I have no hope for a future, i've forgotten everything I've ever consumed. No more escape etc. I guess

>> No.14484015

>>14482272
I recently found out my great-grandmother was Polish, so think I might steal her surname for a penname.

>> No.14484029

>>14482207
These threads are good intros for my journal entries.
>I need to start working out again.

>> No.14484046

>>14482207

I write a poem a day and should be working on today's quota.

>> No.14484058

Fuck your protestant work ethic, bugboy.

>> No.14484124

writing dumb poetry is one of the few things that brings me real satisfaction, but the thought that my poetry is dumb deters me from practicing, and if i don't practice i won't write anything good except by accident
also i should stop browsing this garbage fire of a website and so should you

>> No.14484153

>>14482207
First classes this week. I've forgotten everything I've crammed last term and will likely forget everything in the coming term. I procrastinate until the last couple weeks then work nonstop to eek out a passing grade. It's not good for me mentally. All the caffeine and nicotine is making my heart do weird things.

>> No.14484192

Dear Diary,
Day number 10,000 of wasting this life. Woe is me. Sad, etc

>> No.14484305

>>14482207
I'm not procrastinating. I've finished my work and I won't have anything to do until February or March. But now I feel without purpose, because for the time being I am. How do I beat the ennui?

>> No.14484322

I just dont see a point in any of this. I hoped for books to give me an insight but i realized how pointless it was for me. Why do i even bother reading.

>> No.14484333

I really hate my fucking job.

>> No.14484340
File: 37 KB, 600x715, 1578222101954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

New quarter starts today and I don't want it to. Too many obligations this quarter, too much shit to do. Nice Jewish girl visiting town for a week who likes to sit on my face a lot so I'm looking forward to that in a few days.

>> No.14484344

How to be more quick-witted and funnier in social situations?
Is social interaction with people who are, the only way?
It seems like the most important one of any social skills.
Give me anything.

>> No.14484402

>>14484344
Watch a lot of comedy and find the genre which is the closest to your current humor sense. Im personally much better at observational humor than storytelling.

>> No.14484525

You cannot disprove that I am not
C H R I S T
H
R
I
S
T
reincarnate. That is the beauty of religion.

>> No.14484532

Or rather, that I am Christ

>> No.14484649

I'm so lonely

>> No.14484707

>>14484649
why?

>> No.14484809

Someone explain what's going on with the CUNTING search function on warosu, it's archiving as usual but not showing anything archived in the past week or so when I motherfucking search for it. Get off those sybians and on those server, jannies!

>> No.14484824

>>14484525
>>14484532

"Now, therefore, amēn, I say unto you: Every man who will receive that mystery of the Ineffable and accomplish it in all its types and all its figures,--he is a man in the world, but he towereth above all angels and will tower still more above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all archangels and will tower still more above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all tyrants and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all lords and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all gods and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all light-givers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all pure [ones] and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all triple-powers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all forefathers and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all invisibles and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the great invisible forefather and will raise himself above him.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above all those of the Midst and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the emanations of the Treasury of the Light and will raise himself above them all.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the Mixture and will raise himself entirely above it.

"He is a man in the world, but he towereth above the whole region of the Treasury and will raise himself entirely above it.

"He is a man in the world, but he will rule with me in my kingdom.

"He is a man in the world, but he is king in the Light.

"He is a man in the world, but he is not one of the world.

"And amēn, I say unto you: That man is I and I am that man.

>> No.14484981

>>14482207
Jerked off after weeks of deliberate abstinence. Noticed that I got sharper and smarter later. Shouldn't really trust the internet *sigh*

>> No.14485063

>>14482207
Lately I've been thinking about donating some organs since it might help someone, but my country is a corrupt shithole where it's guaranteed they will not reach the class of people I have in mind.
Is it possible to donate organs in other more equal countries where even the struggling average man can benefit from them?

>> No.14485103

I can’t write endings to save my life

>> No.14485163

She's getting married and I just can't feel happy for her, I think in the end I just didn't love her, it was all pride.

>> No.14485216

Man I want a genuinely super hot gf that if she threatened to relinquish sex from me Id be genuinely distraught. Ive had two cute gfs before and whenever they did this I was like meh, which was kind of entertaining because they couldnt comprehend it in a way that I can just get by with no sex. I often made them cave in.

>> No.14485524

I miss my girlfriend. She's gone on vacation with her parents. New Mexico, skiing. Sure it's only for a week, but having been together for so long, having her sleep next to me every night for several years now, and suddenly getting that taken away is messing me up a bit. She herself isn't having a great time either. She tells me she's mediating her parents' marriage again, which she's good at, actually, but can't enjoy for obvious reasons. Maybe it'll get better. Who knows. Everybody has those kinds of problems now and again.

She saw the Georgia O'Keefe museum there and got us a print for the wall. I'm excited for it. Our walls are pretty sparse and drab. All white. Only a couple of posters, mostly of naked women in 19th century paintings. When we moved in together, she said that we can't just have naked women on the walls again, like my old apartment. "Why not?" I said, "They're nice to look at."

She was texting me though, worrying. "What if we become like this when we're old and married" she said. "Well we just won't get married then," I said. I don't think she found it that funny. In any case I told her that it's not worth worrying about our relationship thirty years from now. This seemed to calm her down a bit. I texted her that I love you and not to worry about a thing, and that I'll see you in a week and that I love you very much, I'll call you tomorrow, the future's a long time away.

>> No.14485762

Just talking to people about the Iran assassination. Do people really not know that he was actively aiding and abetting an attack on an US embassy?

>> No.14485783

Why im still alive? Is God just making me to live just for one big joke?

>> No.14485784

>>14482207
I just want to be held. One of my friends asked me how i was doing the other day casually and i fucking broke down crying because its the first time in days anyone bothered to ask me that.

>> No.14485838

>>14485784

See:

>>14484824

>> No.14485885
File: 363 KB, 522x578, 1536717894835.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14482207
I'm procrastinating on learning any skills, because I'm talentless except for having an overactive imagination. I want everything to feel like something, and since learning feels like nothing, it feels unproductive, and because of that, I stop doing it and instead turn to fantasizing. If I had the money to pay people to use their talents to help me get my ideas out there, I'd have nothing to complain about, but because I was born into a moralfag poorfag family that values the well-being of outsiders more than family members, I won't have that money unless I make it myself, and I have no prospects for making that money legally, because a job at the grocery store won't pay for that anytime soon, or even ever. Ambitions are both creative and destructive. I wish society was devoid of morals and laws, I'd be happier in a society like that, because I could find success as a bandit living on the fringes, and fund my dreams that way, but because society is shit, I can't live like that, at least, not yet. People who force others to live by their standards of morality are worse than the people they demonize. I feel like reality is a war between those who rule, and those born with free will but who do not rule, with slaves bereft of free as an all-consuming abyss in-between the two parties, trying to drag everyone and everything in with them.

>> No.14486241

>>14482207
Tiny female giant male doesn't make any sense because you can't mate with them and it just doesnt work.
but giant female tiny male makes a lot of sense because the male can just go inside her which brings much pleasure for both of them and mating works perfectly.
giantess is the most natural fantasy fetish in the world.

>> No.14486429

>>14484809
archiving is hard work and they do it for free

>> No.14486530

I received a (somewhat) large inheritance and quit my job, now I don’t know what to do with myself. I have hobbies but no real passions to devote myself to. I spend around half the day working on them and the rest reading and watching anime. This was ok for a while but I’m growing discontent. It doesn’t help that the weather has been terrible for the past month. I like the idea of traveling the globe but whenever I do go on a trip I end up getting sick of it pretty quick, like I start longing for just normal uneventful days at home (even though I’m sick of those right now). Maybe I should just rent apartments in cities for a few months instead of doing a normal trip, but I don’t know if I’m rich enough to do that.

Thanks for reading my blogpost. I’m aware I’m an asshole for complaining about a life enviable to a lot of people.

>> No.14486558

I haven't fapped in months but cummed again this morning when I woke up. I keep having these erotic dreams, how do I make them stop?

>> No.14486689
File: 1019 KB, 4013x3386, hemp24b0jdz21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

>> No.14486777
File: 625 KB, 1280x1500, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14486689

>>AAAAAAAAAAA THE SCREAMS OF THE LABOR COMING FROM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE CAPITAL!!! IT'S DEAD LABOR!!! UNSPEAKABLE TRANSMUTATION!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MUST AVOID THE PREREQUISITE CONDITIONS OF MY MOST FEARED OBJECTS LEST THEY MANIFEST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GONNA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! THE LUMPENPROLES LIVE UNDER THE STAIRS!!!!!! UNFATHOMABLY USELESS!!!!!!!! I'M GONNA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! LASSALLE IS INEFFABLY JEWISH AND NON-EUCLIDIANLY A NIGGER AAAAAAAAA SO CONFUSED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! NOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I'M GONNAAAAAAAAAAAA REEEEEEEEEVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

>> No.14486892

Does anyone else here think their life expectancy is going to be cut short by their unhealthy lifestyle, habits, diet, and/or other impairments? Even controlling for suicides and drug ODs, I feel like younger generations might even have lower lifespans than previous ones based on the way we live - sedentary lifestyles, poor eating choices, mental health (depression is linked to decreased longevity in many studies), etc. These are just a few factors, I'm sure there are more.

Before anyone accuses me of being a defeatist or lacking the initiative to change my circumstances, I know I can turn things around. This is just a general thought that's been bothering me and I'm seeking other opinions.

>> No.14486905

>>14486892
I don't think I will live to 90 years old anon.

>> No.14486906

My room smelt of cognac so strongly this morning. The smell was lingering. I walked in and oh jeez was my thought.

>> No.14486931

>>14486689
So I'm shopping with Becky and um, like there's a little store with an aquarium right? And Becky is like, we should go in! What? Um, I'm like, why?
So like her little brother wanted, um, wanted a fish and she was going to get it for him? Lame. But whatever. So we go in and she's talking to the ugly cashier and I um, I go look around and like. And like there's something in one of the aquariums.
It's like, an octopus? I think? But. Ew. I was just totally grossed out, and then it looked at me. Oh. My. God. So fricking nasty!!! I just about wents cray cray in the store. Legit.

>> No.14487009

>>14486777
checked and kekd

based karl marxcraft poster

>> No.14487191

>>14486530
How old are you?

Based on what you're saying, it seems like none of this will get better if you never work again. At this rate, you'll be be suffering from a lack of purpose, anhedonia, and probably increased existential dread for the foreseeable future. Is getting a low time commitment, low-pressure job something you'd consider? The longer you're out of the workforce the tougher it'll be to get back in (large employment gaps on resumes are usually a red flag) so try to decide sooner rather than later. I hate being a wageslave as much as the next person, but human nature is human nature. This might've been something you've already thought about and dismissed but it's the best advice I can give.

>> No.14487342

Lost my job a couple of weeks ago. I have money saved, so thankfully I'm not in a big rush and they'll still pay me January and February. I've been able to focus on a medieval fantasy story I want to write but the more research I do, the more things I read, movies I watch and so on make me realize how I'm complete garbage at writing. Everywhere I see interesting characters, engaging conflict, well-built worlds and here I am struggling to come up with a protagonist that can drive my story forward. I'm a firm believer that everyone who wants to write should, because no one else can tell those stories, yet I'm afraid of my own inability to portray my ideas and give them cohesion.

>> No.14487619

>>14487342
me too man

>> No.14487853

How do I stop being an aimless college grad rotting away in a suburban home and become a cool guy with an interesting life?

>> No.14487911

>>14482207
I'm trying to get started on writing out scripts for a show I want to make, but I'm having a tough time figuring out even the standard practices. (animation)
I hate it, but it's all likely going to take a back seat for a while, and I'm getting antsy about it.

>> No.14487916
File: 154 KB, 750x828, IMG_9408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i just sperged out on another girl, i don't feel bad about it but i probably went too hard on her. really disgusted by w*men right now, wish globohomo wasn't ruining every w*man i meet

>> No.14487928

>>14487916
>not keeping whores around to play with
ngmi

>> No.14487940

>>14482236
Not like you have free will or anything

>> No.14487963 [DELETED] 

>>14482207
My book I wrote a while ago ends with a nuclear explosion and now I don't like that ending because it's too violent but I can't think of another one that fits the plot.

>> No.14487998

>>14482207
>What are you procrastinating on?
For a change, nothing important. All my errands are done. The things I'm not doing are the things swirling in my mind, that I want to do, at some point, but never end up doing.

>> No.14488008

>>14483159
Don't get hung up on faux pas. Just try to figure out why there are those silences and awkward points. In my experience is because I've either said something outrageous (edgy), or because I wasn't paying attention and lost track of the conversation. An old perverted Boomer told me he can say anything to a woman because he does it with a smile.

>> No.14488028

>>14484153
Drop out. School ain't it.

>> No.14488056

>>14484333
What's stopping you from doing something else? Really curious because I also hate my job

>> No.14488057

>>14486530
you're about to be workpilled (and thats a good thing)

>> No.14488062

>>14486906
i thought you got banned or something

>> No.14488066

>>14484981
Honestly if you're resisting too much then your better off don't the deed and getting on with your day. That being said, know the difference between being bored and being horny

>> No.14488079

test

>> No.14488097
File: 13 KB, 225x224, 1569895896891.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14488079
HOLY SHIT i was unbanned after TWO FUCKING MONTH
I CAN FINALLY SHITPOST ABOUT HAZBIN HOTEL IN /CO/
(thread unrelated)

>> No.14488184

Back at university. I drew a lot over break; apologies for not responding to the post from a few weeks back. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed our conversation together, anon.

>> No.14488496

>>14482207

I am currently writing a paper that, I sincerely believe, will do a lot of service for people in the large community of biologists - but particularly molecular biologists and evolutionary scientists. It was a project that sprouted out of an interest in an old and impossible problem (I was trying, I think in vain, to find a unifying hypothesis of neurodegeneration from where most, if not all, the empirical data converges).

Anyway, that project failed as it was doomed to, but in the remnants of that project came the idea for this one. It is very difficult to write, and I imagine it would be extremely difficult to publish. I'm have been trying to condense the paper into 10 pages or less (since, nowadays, people won't bother reading anything longer), and it has been great but hellish exercise.

I imagine it will take me another 6 months to finish, at bare minimum. God knows if a preprint service will allow it to sit on their forums, but I believe a lot of good should come out of it.

>> No.14488500

What is the name of that book published by an anonymous author from here? It had Pynchon's face in the cover.

>> No.14488563

>>14486892
I already have a chronic medical condition at age 27. I don't think I'll see 40.

>> No.14488611

I saw a therapist for the first time today. I was incredibly nervous going in, as part of the reason I'm there is for anxiety. In the weeks leading up to this I had this fear that I wasn't going to be able to use the right words in the session. But it turned out ok. Felt calm afterwards but slowly became sad as the day went on.

>> No.14488783

>>14488611
Did your therapist give ask thoughtful questions? Did they give meaningful advice or insight or did it sound like the generic buzzwords and phrases you hear towards most people struggling with mental issues? I'm not trying to sound jaded, just curious.

>> No.14488807

>>14488783
Since it was the first meeting it is still considered part of the "intake" process, where they're trying to get a general idea of what's going on. So a lot of what they ask is generic. Like they ask if you've seen a therapist before, if you take any medication, if you drink or do drugs, etc. Then they moved on to more open-ended questions about what's actually wrong with you. Like if any big event happened in your life recently that caused your issues, family history, etc. At the end they asked if there was anything else I wanted to mention that they didn't ask. I was actually surprised by the breadth of what was asked in the first session. My anxiety going in was that I wasn't going to be able to describe what my issues were. But in reality it felt kind of like painting a wall, like we were putting down the first coat of paint. We didn't cover everything perfectly, but nearly everything. And I guess in subsequent sessions we'd go back over it. I am really curious though, in subsequent sessions, how much the therapist retains of what they've been told.

>> No.14488968
File: 94 KB, 602x709, 1495056226785.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14482207
god damn ive never felt anger and hatred like this before, at first it took some time to get used to it without crying but the intense vibrating pangs of focus and adrenaline it gives me feel absolutley orgasmic and make my stomach churn and my hands shake. im going to take 80mg of adderal xr and prove my parents wrong. no more good nights for me

>> No.14489092

>>14488496
More detail? Biochemnigger reporting in

>> No.14489101

>>14488968
80mg seems high. I've taken "subtherapeutic" doses (15mg) and they made me feel like shit

>> No.14489133

Decided to quit smoking after 10 years but I just ended up leaning more into drink. The nicotine withdrawal is really bad and I can barely drive at its peak. In the meantime I've decided to micro-dose leftover acid and go for long walks. All my social bridges have been burned months ago, work hasn't started yet so I'm very much aimless. I've been in this weird smoke-free lonely limbo for the past week and I kind of want off the ride now.

>> No.14489236

being possessive and clingy is so cute and adorable if done right

>> No.14489289

I'm 23 years old and live in college accommodation that is being paid for by my parents.

I'm 3 years into a computer engineering degree and I've slept with 4 women (as if that's something to be proud of I don't know)

I don't feel like a man, I feel like a child.

I have adopted responsibility in my life and worked 5-6 different jobs already, even having my own little side business for a while. I've worked door to door sales and retail sales jobs to get over my anxiety. I've close to fluent in three languages and recently took up Chinese.

I feel like a victim in life and I hate it. I'm likely going to join the army as an officer when I graduate, if I'm not too old. It seems like a radical change, being a qualified engineer at 25 is something I should feel proud of I guess, but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm a pathetic loser, no matter what I try.

>> No.14489392

>>14489289
>as if that's something to be proud of I don't know
Be proud. A good portion of men never get to sleep with one.

>> No.14489395

I don't want to suffer today.

>> No.14489428

>>14487916
what does globohomo mean? globally homogenous population?

>> No.14489434

>>14489428
globalist homosexuals

>> No.14489499

>>14485103
endings should be easy, if your writing method implies the Matt Parker (South Park) rule: "No AND THENs, only THEREFOREs."
>>14485163
stand with your decisions. See: John William's Stoner
>>14485885
you don't need society's approval to be a rogue bandit. but you rather should get a circle of writing friends.
>>14489289
There seems to be a lot of people that support and love you. Be thankful for that. You're 23, that is quite young. Enjoy it. Make the most of it and don't let the government fool you.

>> No.14490135

>>14489499
My parents are abusive and I don't speak to my father anymore because we couldn't be in the same room together without being violent. He's an evil narcissistic bully. My mother is bipolar and has always seemed uncomfortable showing any kind of love or affection.

I grew up in a home where nothing ever made sense and everything I did was wrong. I live a live of constant torment. I guess I should be grateful that they are paying for my accommodation.

>> No.14490238

>>14482207
That's not a Van Gogh, is it?
It's fucking awaful

>> No.14490252

>>14489428
It's a altright term for the uniform consumerist culture induced by globalism.

>> No.14490343

>>14490238
the signature is not Gogh's. I reckon its colours and shapes were meant to be nauseating. That trick is something Van Gogh did a lot, I mean, using disgusting colours and their complimentary, for example that one billiard table painting. It sucks you in, pains your senses, but doesn't let you look away somehow.

>> No.14490977

>>14488056
I guess nothing is stopping me per se, but I have student loans that I can’t really cover with jobs that I guess I’d be more willing to do.

>> No.14491067

>>14486892
I'm going to live until 100. See you all in hell niggers.

>> No.14491102

>>14486892
Yes. My grandparents died in their 60s. Several diseases seem to run in the family, cancer especially. None of them worked a desk job. I’ll be lucky if I make it to 50.

>> No.14491112
File: 525 KB, 900x785, base of the world.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14482207
>"God lets the oppositional will of the ground operate in order that might be which love unifies and subordinates itself to for the glorification of the Absolute. The will of love stands about the will of the ground and this predominance, this eternal decidedness, the love for itself as the essence of being in general, this decidedness is the innermost core of absolute freedom."

>"Only a god can save us. The sole possibility that is left for us is to prepare a sort of readiness, through thinking and poetizing, for the appearance of the god or for the absence of the god in the time of foundering; for in the face of the god who is absent we founder"
>"For us contemporaries the greatness of what is to be thought is too great. Perhaps we might bring ourselves to build a narrow and not far reaching footpath as a passageway."

>> No.14491319

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little neophyte? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Temple Of Maergzjirah , and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the Catholic Church, and I have taken over 300 souls. I am trained in astral warfare and I'm the top sorcerer in the entire US demonic forces. You are nothing to me but just another soul. I will wipe you the fuck out with dark magic the likes of which has never been seen before on this dimension, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with disrespecting me and my order over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cultists across the USA and your physical location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that devours the pathetic little thing you call your soul. You're fucking damned, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can cast over seven hundred spells, and that's without a spellbook. Not only am I extensively trained in psychic combat, but I have access to an entire arsenal of occult artifacts and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the material plane, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you,
maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the ultimate price. I will shit magma all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking cursed, kiddo.

>> No.14491340

just started notes of the underground, thinking it would be a good book to start again my reading habit, cant even get waht the words mean anymore

>> No.14491350

>>14482207
I'm happy then I listen to sad music and then i'm sad. Also, enrolling this Fall and am split between the various Humanities majors(Philosophy/Classics/Comp.lit). Have to part ways with friends/family and live on my own despite being a massive manchild

>> No.14491402

>>14491319
This isn't GIOYC

>> No.14491759
File: 1.88 MB, 300x209, Cheetah gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14491112

>> No.14491838

>>14482207
guys with gfs, do you get the occasional strong thought that women are retarded why am I even dealing with their bullshit

>> No.14491875

>>14491838
are you sure it's not just your gf

>> No.14491892

Miss you

>> No.14491895

>>14491892
miss you too bb :*

>> No.14491901

>>14491895
:)

>> No.14491904 [DELETED] 

Head lice on my mind and scalp. Procrastinating on killing them bc the prescription I got is a potent neurotoxin known to seep through the skin and causes seizures

>> No.14491925

Head lice on my mind and scalp. Procrastinating on killing them bc the prescription I got is a potent neurotoxin known to seep through the skin and cause seizures

>> No.14491933

>>14491838
Sometimes, more resent the time commitment they take while already wageslaving

>> No.14492090

>>14491838
sometimes. i like intimacy and sex too much to ever be happy without one though

>> No.14492132

>>14491838
start drinking like the rest of us

>> No.14492199

>>14487853
Figure out what you define as "interesting".
Now go do it

>> No.14492206

Suddenly I'm angry. Where that came from I don't know, I couldn't anticipate it.
The Gods want blood, I know that much. Soon bubbles will burst.

>> No.14492208

>>14490252
Lol that term has been in use a lot longer than the "alt right" has been in existence

>> No.14492227

how should i introduce myself to a beautiful woman i never saw but online ?

>> No.14492407

>>14491402
:^)

>> No.14492446

Brothers Karamazov is slowly turning me back into a Christian. It truly is a beautiful book

>> No.14492554
File: 30 KB, 608x448, 1452404564783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do i get out of my own head? It's really hard when you've been isolated for so long and have focused on yourself so much.

>> No.14492563

>>14492554
Considering your problem and pic related, have you read A Man Asleep?

>> No.14492584

I just had 5 very short and sequential instances where I 'entered the light'. For the first time every I 'get' Advaita/Being/the One, not just 'knowing' it intellectually. The sudden realization that even that which thinks and I consider to be myself beyond the flesh, the mind, is just a painting on a canvas and not ultimately real. That the 'real me' is everything 'around' me and that everything around me is me. That it is all One thing and that 'my' real Self is witnessing it, including that which I would usually consider to be 'my self'.
The 'feeling' is gone now and I'm honestly too frightened to attept to get into the light again, it's more consoling to consider 'myself' to be myself.

During this 'realization' I do indeed not feel 'in time', nor 'in space'. However when coming back down it certainly felt like a second or five at most and it's difficult to grasp what I experienced, let alone to put it in words.

I didn't do anything particular to trigger it. Just went out for smoking a cigarette and something about my environment (street is covered by trees on all sides, like a tunnel of leaves) suddenly became 'unreal' and then somehow I realized what I described above. Not sure what to make of it, I might be going crazy as well

>> No.14492618

Don't know if this can be considered a mystical experience but about two days ago my brother was sick as fuck and couldn't sleep during the night, for some reason I just prayed to God for his recovery, next thing I know he's completely asleep and got well when the sun came out.

>> No.14492620
File: 237 KB, 1280x886, mirror.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14492563
I haven't read it, only seen the film. It's like DUDE GO AND ENGAGE WITH THE WORLD. But HOW?

>> No.14492651

>>14491112
Can we understand God?

>> No.14492676

>>14492620
Start with little things, like going out to buy some stuff or simply go for a walk, a change is more than enough when you feel like a ghost in the world.

>> No.14492947

Had to have an ECG today.
I laid on the table and the nurse told me that my chest is too hairy and she'd need to shave away some of the hair so that the electrodes or whatever would stick properly.
The only razor she had on hand was blunt, and she spent a good 3 or 4 minutes futilely scratching away at my (dry!!!) chest hair while I stared at the fluorescent tube above me. I mean what was the etiquette here, was i supposed to take the razor and shave my own chest? Was I supposed to do it before I went?
I need to have my kidneys ultrasound scanned next week. Hopefully i don't need to shave my back. Or arse.

>> No.14493160

Eeeee Eee Eeee or Shoplifting from American Apparel?

>> No.14493173

>>14492651
We can understand some things of him, yes.

>> No.14493209
File: 384 KB, 1639x2048, merlin_137783364_f86f0146-6ba8-4c62-8d52-1009951a1a94-superJumbo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14482207
need to clean my room

>> No.14494471
File: 60 KB, 758x563, Napoleon_sainthelene.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Like defeated hapiness, standing in front of its own fresh corpse: Beauty ruined.
everything looks like it should be the same, like it should be the way it was
but now it's destroyed beyond measure, beyond any hope
Life is forever changed
it still looks warm, like it should still move, hapiness standing still
but there is something so heart breaking about it, so utterly revolting, so montruous
like a parent seeing their child dead, killed, an open wound destroying their bodies and faces
This evil is not inflictied by nature, but by man. Something horrible has happened because of human evil
But it is so extremely violent it makes the mind reel, it breaks reality. A violent death.
But between all that gore you can still see that beauty that gave your life meaning and color
Like a broken porcelain doll that will never be fixed. Something horrible happened to beauty and happiness.
A colorful palace painted red with the blood and guts of the murdered inhabitants, bandaliced, raped.
A teenage girl commiting suicide in her room and splatting her K-pop posters with her brain.
Like idols being destroyed and burned killing a culture, a different vision of the world.
A parent getting shot in front of their child, a child getting shot in front of a parent.
A great metropolis reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes, the charred corpses of its inhabitants littering the streets.
Brutality beyond measure, beyond sanity.
It's the miserable end of a sweet life. It's getting to see what lies behind the skin and eyes of a face.
The human body, will at its beauty, torn apart.
The great horror of life.

Any books or movies or media of any kind that evokes this?

>> No.14494999

The point of having a set of principles that do not come from the individual mind, neither of our own idiosincracy of perceptions against perceptions of others, those that maybe lay in somewhere else. This somewhere else is neither an ontological clear definition or what could be formed by ourselves, or a most likely, our desire to not just be tempted to disobbey it, but obey it. So how is an expression so simple but a the same time so complicated? Is this simplicity that makes it a principle, but at the same time is this complication that makes it something of an unknow possibilities of rethoric, Maybe three or four hours of talking, of sharing, or maybe just a pair of words without just a single use of perceptions, maybe is that what makes thinking about Heaven so great, son.

>> No.14495291
File: 386 KB, 750x1018, 1572798318849.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you procrastinating on? edition
Aquaculture reports. Two are basically done, the third is barely started when it comes to the important parts. Been in a depressive mood for a while now though and felt restless so I'm playing a lot of games to distract myself when I'm not browsing boards.
Still feels like I have no outlet for expression in my life though, nor anyone that would share what I'm expressing well enough to converse about it.

>> No.14495371

>>14482207
waking up at 2AM and crying due to job stress. wonder how the fuck i am going to go in tomorrow. might call a sick day... and miss a day of pay that i actually really need.

who am i kidding, my job doesn't even pay enough to worry about missing pay...that's why i'm stressed in the first place. recruiter said they would get back to me and they haven't. i'm struggling to survive day by day and they think everything is just peachy, because if they sensed i am stressed and unhappy they wouldn't work with me. catch 22 is not fun IRL. no wonder yosserion was hanging in a tree naked. if it wasn't the middle of winter i'd give it a damn stint, myself.

gonna read and try to sleep. I'm going to turn my alarm off and sleep in. "oopsies, sorry boss, idk why the alarm turned off on its own by magic."

only reason i'm not writing an email that would shoot myself in the foot by being too honest is that one of the recruiters just sent a connect request at linkedin, so they have me on the mind and something is going on. i hope to god i finally get out of entry level shitwork shitpay hell. i can take a stressful job, or i can take low pay, but i can't take both.

>> No.14495395

>>14490135
tfw.
>cut ties with family down to a minimum of "if you give me a phonecall a few times a year i might answer it"
>not enough for them, they've been trying to guilttrip me into more contact
>just accepted a phonecall with mother, she finished by getting sullen and accusing me of "not caring about anyone" because i wasn't interested in giving my hysteric grandfather's gf a phonecall and she thinks i'm dead because i deleted facebook five years ago. well, you know what, you're right, i don't care about anyone. no one ever did anything for me, why the fuck are you entitled to taking up my time to use me as a facebook update blog? i don't care. the lot of you never do anything, you sit around watching tv all day and haven't lifted a finger since 1985. meanwhile i live in daily hell so busy i can barely find time to take a shit. my parents were so neglectful that i was suicidal by age 12, how the fuck is that normal and okay? and when it gets brought up, they blame ME instead of themselves. i suffer pain daily from permanent health problems as complications of severe negelect. but the one and only time i tried to bring that up they tried gaslighting me that none of that ever happened.

it should be legal to sue your parents for being neglectful and abusive. you created a human being, which was entirely dependent on you, and then abused it. doctors are sued for far, far, far, far, far less than that. imagine if people's actions actually had consequences. the only thing that ever gets people to behave themselves is the fear of punishment.

>> No.14495480

does the experience of reading John Milton's Paradise Lost diminish if one is untrained in Christianity? I am not religious at all and all these names are throwing me off

>> No.14495607
File: 2.34 MB, 1336x1358, 03b562e30427bc62e7864741da3cda1237241375545fc9c70800536f1167d002.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14487916
HAHAHAHA Absolutely based retard

>> No.14495612

>>14487916
lmfao

>> No.14495716

"And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." Isaiah 59:14

Is there a better quote to summarize our times?

>> No.14495741

>>14492206
Lol they're the ones who use it.

>> No.14495748

>>14487916
You seem like the epitome of stability. Wonder why you're single.

>> No.14495771

I've noticed I'm having trouble feeling empathy to others in recent years. I'm reaching 30, have I burned out? Anyone else dealt with similar feelings?

>> No.14495774

>>14482207
My drive to write/create and even read is dying and I don’t know why. I’m 28, getting carried away by adult life (career, partner) and I no longer have the fire for fiction. It sucks and it’s making me depressed. How do I get it back bros?

>> No.14495785
File: 44 KB, 375x375, 2b64c83c15.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

E-girl super liked me on tinder and we started chatting/planned to go on a date... I over invested, sperged out and she stopped replying.
Why do I act like this around women? Absolutely pathetic.

>> No.14495788

>>14485885
hmu if you need bandit group members

>> No.14495795

>>14484344
Go to an improv class.
You will be oficially a faggot but not an awkward one

>> No.14495834

>>14494471
Narcissus und Goldmund

>> No.14496149

>>14482207
>>14482207
Got scolded for not being diligent enough after getting into dental school. I absolutely cracked it, throwing my phone and everything. Theres nothing easy in life, even if it should be easy. Grudges and unspoken pain repeats itself throughout the generation. Give man freedom! Thats the ultimate virtue. Reject soullessness. I come to begrudgedly accept the wisdom of Ecclesiastes and Kierkegaard. Live and you'll regret and die, and you'll regret that also.

>> No.14496211

>>14487916
based

>> No.14496324

>>14495774
Start re-reading stuff that sparked your interest in literature, that's a good way to get back on track and then move ti something new.

>> No.14496363

I'm currently writing small reviews for a list of my top50 records of the last decade. It took me 3 hours to write 6 reviews and they are not even that good. It's kinda frustrating because it feels like I'm never going to finish but still I feel that "I'm being productive" vibe going. I pretend to post on my Medium account even tough less than 20 people are actually going to read the whole thing. I guess I'm just bored and I need something to do. After I finish this I'm going to write some essays about the stuff I've been reading and post on Medium too, until I'm back to Uni with no time for such pointless hobbies.

>> No.14496871

>>14488496
Read Houllebecq’s Elementary Particles one time too many did you?

>> No.14497140

I will soon have some time to do volunteer work and I'm looking to do some of it at my local food pantry. I, for the first time, believe that I have a duty to help those who may be less fortunate than me and I hope this means that I have grown in some way.

My beliefs and interests in spirituality has been an up and down roller coaster, and I even kind of turned away from Christianity for a while. It wasn't because I didn't believe in a God, I think it's stupid to assert that there isn't an advanced organism, being, or force that made this randomly designed world. But I have come full circle, back to Jesus again because he has proved to me the power of service and unconditional love.

The idea alone of a man who gave his life up for an undeserving, contemptible, narcissistic collective called humanity hits me so strongly that my soul shakes. Even if it's all just a story, the fact that man can even imagine or contemplate such a person must mean that there is hope for all of us, right?

There has to be a slim chance that humanity, whenever it does happen, can finally be redeemed for the stain it has placed on the universe.

>> No.14497192

>>14482272
It's Japanese isn't it.

>> No.14497516
File: 189 KB, 1588x1191, 1578510753746.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My financial situation has been getting worse and worse and I don't know how to extricate myself from it. I mean, I suppose there would be a way by getting a job and becoming a real boy, but I don't think that can possibly happen. I had jobs before and I quit them, and I can't even handle the anxiety of being in a guild in an MMO, so working with others doesn't appeal to me. I legitimately don't know what to do except maybe find a sugar mommy. I'm sad.

>> No.14497568

>>14495774
Same man, you put that perfectly. I don’t know how to get it back. Only gets worse with age
>t. 31

>> No.14497757

>>14482236
>but I just want to jerk off and play video games. Modernity was a mistake

Waaaaah it's everybody else's fault that I have poor self-control.

>> No.14498134
File: 47 KB, 750x1000, wojack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Infantry rejected me because of my poor eyesight
Plan D has failed, there is no plan E besides work manual labor until my mom dies so I can kill myself

>> No.14498679

Why i cant enjoy life?

>> No.14498705

>>14488056
Finding another job.

>> No.14498770

what does it mean when a girl is enthusiastic about talking to you but only when there are other people around that she knows?

>> No.14498783

>>14498770
It means she considers you a mere ornament to accentuate the conspicuous display of her social competence.

>> No.14498814

>>14498134
how about plan F: join me in my crusade secure a realm

>> No.14498818

>>14498783
is that degrading to me?

>> No.14499148
File: 139 KB, 1080x1346, F76426A0-7649-41C1-8726-18AC9EE00716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

After pining away over some e-thots for the last few days and generally feeling bad, I thought about skipping Uni tomorrow, eating a "expensive" burger meal and visiting a brothel.
>>14498818
Yes.

>> No.14499255
File: 1.84 MB, 3888x2336, 1577729338707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been living with my family on a religious commune my whole life. I've gotten into a lot of conflicts about this recently and decided it's time to leave. My relationship with my family is strained right now and I hope a little distance will help mend the rift. I'm going to have to find a new job, new housing, a new car, new friends, and hopefully maybe even a girlfriend (which I've never had before). Figuring all of this out by myself feels so daunting, I'm still living at home so it doesn't feel *real* yet. I spend my days applying to jobs and looking for apartments, trying to find a shit box commuter. I stay busy during the day but I'm filled with anxiety during the night.

This change is a long time coming and I'm convinced is necessary. It's like I've had an extended childhood and it's all coming to an end in a single week. There's so much change in the air, it feels like the air is charged with electricity. I feel like Odysseus or a Nantucket whaler, I have to go on my heroes journey into the unknown, I finally feel like a man

>> No.14499267
File: 85 KB, 646x652, 17634636_997371403697977_3834782217075814817_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14497140
>man who gave his life
Except he was literally God and just gave up a fucking weekend

I don't see why people think that what Jesus was said to have done was anything other than masochistic spectacle.

>> No.14499343

I wonder how many anons are actually bots.

>> No.14499348
File: 481 KB, 680x1021, kinsella-paul-m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14499267